When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
Soldato
Looks like I might be off back to ICE.

Had an S21 notice from the LL. Mooched round for another house to rent (can't buy until I graduate) and we found one we really like. Reasonable location, way more space than we have now (home office - yay!), not much more money. Got accepted for the property... but there's a catch. The landlady isn't happy for a charge point to be installed. The terms of the tenancy state that upon installation it would become her property. As such, she's concerned that a) there will be ongoing costs, and b) it won't add any value for future tenants and may put some off(?).

Will give the 3-pin cable a go, plugging the car in to a socket in the garage. Got a feeling the hassle is going to get a bit wearing though.

Soldato
Will give the 3-pin cable a go, plugging the car in to a socket in the garage. Got a feeling the hassle is going to get a bit wearing though.

Do as above then, just get a commando socket installed, and buy the Ohme commando version which is fully portable. Tell the LL to screw themselves if they can't see what is the future, stupid imbecilic people.

Soldato
Do as above then, just get a commando socket installed, and buy the Ohme commando version which is fully portable. Tell the LL to screw themselves if they can't see what is the future, stupid imbecilic people.

Already have a 3-pin cable, so will just see how I get on using the garage. If that doesn't work out, getting a socket installed on the outside of the house might be a good shout (if I'm allowed).

TBF I was already considering going a different route as the tenancy agreement states any improvements must be left with the property and we're likely to be buying somewhere next year.

Soldato
Sorry went a bit Sherlock Holmes, but I can't stand stupidity and the land lord rental system in this country is literally backwards. What happens when everyone has an EV, can they still refuse to let you install a charge point.

Soldato
Sorry went a bit Sherlock Holmes, but I can't stand stupidity and the land lord rental system in this country is literally backwards. What happens when everyone has an EV, can they still refuse to let you install a charge point.

Yeah, that's what I found odd.

Back in 2015, plug-in vehicles accounted for 1.1% of new vehicle sales in the UK. I got my Zoe. and our current LL let me install a charge point without a single grumble.

Last year, plug-in vehicles made up 10.7% of new vehicle sales, and we're now less than 9 years away from sales of new petrol and diesel cars being suspended. But the new LL "doesn't see the appeal to future tenants" of having a charger installed.

It's quite an amusing contrast. I genuinely didn't expect it to be an issue, and just wanted to confirm it was okay before weighing up the costs. I could try and change her mind, but I'm not sure it's worth it unless I'm 100% certain I want to install a point.

Soldato
Just seen your posts on the Facebook EV group page- there are some right weirdo's on there... some a bit too militant/obsessed in my opinion. I daren't mention my ICE car on there...

Is it a taxi?!

Mate I joined the octopus Agile group too, wow, they are all having kittens from the last few days of margin warnings on the grid, 9% coal and now a nuclear plant tripping out earlier. 32p/kWh. Too much thought for me, probably best sneak off quietly :D

Soldato
Is it a taxi?!

Mate I joined the octopus Agile group too, wow, they are all having kittens from the last few days of margin warnings on the grid, 9% coal and now a nuclear plant tripping out earlier. 32p/kWh. Too much thought for me, probably best sneak off quietly :D

haha taxi man Mr BC has some personality issues methinks.

Anything apart from going on octopus go/agile tariff is met with stinging criticism. Personally for me the 4 hours off peak aren't much use but each to their own. But i have to say some real cringeworthy posts/people on there.

How are you finding the I-Pace? We took a HSE for a test drive and tbh i wasnt amazed by it (prob because i have an F-pace SVR :p), and i didnt feel it was worth the extra £25k + over a model 3 performance so went with that in the end.

Soldato
One of the dads at my lads hockey has a model 3 but yet to go in it. I took him out in an F Type just before lockdown 1 so hopefully he can return favour.

I’m loving the IPACE. It’s a touch stiff but I’m okay with that, really is a great package and makes it an event but can see the cost criticisms are fair for the segment. Got a PHEV Evoque for a few days and picked it up empty, quite a difference in refinement states when that triple fires up.

I just love how immediate everything is, was chatting to someone at work who has just had his I-PACE replacing his XJR575. The ICE stuff will breathe and haul at speed but there’s still that element of winding the thing up that you just don’t have in EV. He text me earlier saying he tried dynamic mode :D

Shame didn’t get you into two Jags!

Soldato
One of the dads at my lads hockey has a model 3 but yet to go in it. I took him out in an F Type just before lockdown 1 so hopefully he can return favour.

I’m loving the IPACE. It’s a touch stiff but I’m okay with that, really is a great package and makes it an event but can see the cost criticisms are fair for the segment. Got a PHEV Evoque for a few days and picked it up empty, quite a difference in refinement states when that triple fires up.

I just love how immediate everything is, was chatting to someone at work who has just had his I-PACE replacing his XJR575. The ICE stuff will breathe and haul at speed but there’s still that element of winding the thing up that you just don’t have in EV. He text me earlier saying he tried dynamic mode :D

Shame didn’t get you into two Jags!

Well im still contemplating an i-pace. Haven't driven the SVR much, and i dare not take it to work, so i drive my old civic for that :p. Thinking of switching the SVR for the i-pace but to buy it through my limited company. Obviously it makes financial sense but i feel the SVR is too badass to let go. And now the new SVR is out...

Soldato
I went for both of those, and it does look good (repost):

EhefMSlWkAAXF8H

It's also made in the UK and is upgradeable in the future. :)

So nice :cool::cool:

Soldato
The IPACE wasn't part of the really good NHS deals then ? like the £400 e-tron deal ? ( which the average company ev scheme couldn't hope to replicate )

Soldato
Yes, I was referencing the large price tag he attribute to ipace versus mod3 , and thinking he wasn't integrating the nhs type deal prices, like e-tron,
although they maybe a gift horse (lost pension contributions)

Back
Top Bottom