Amazon Prime !!!!

Soldato
We're entering an era where mega-corporations have unprecedented power. Almost unlimited power.

I'm sure it'll end well. Bezos is a good guy. Amazon just wants us all to be happy.

What snarky version of dystopia are you worried about?

Because they need us to keep interacting and keep buying stuff so by that measure considering the fact you are mostly free you need to be catered to?

You're doing the old man shouts at cloud thing, it was ever thus.. things change. Someday someone else will have a great idea or whatever Amazon does will fall from favour and someone else will replace them etc etc.

Soldato
Had £90 worth of grocery delivered from Morrisons today. Took 2hrs from clicking order.

God bless Prime and allowing me to not have to ever venture into a supermarket.

Soldato
Have been a prime member for more than 5 years now their free delivery service along with all the other benefits is well worth it for me and the Mrs.

I rarely have any issues with deliveries and if I do a quick call to their customer service department results in an apology and a free month added to the subscription.

Soldato
My last 4 deliveries from Amazon 3 have been sent via the post 2 came 5 days late and 3rd is now 12 days late . All were prime have they not seen the news about Post office problems !!! :rolleyes:

Soldato
My last 4 deliveries from Amazon 3 have been sent via the post 2 came 5 days late and 3rd is now 12 days late . All were prime have they not seen the news about Post office problems !!! :rolleyes:

Then you're clearly not buying actually from amazon, they don't use the post office.

It's opaque for sure but those have been marketplace sales.

Soldato
3 items were Prime stating next day delivery "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" no 3rd party I know the difference . In reference the news last week stated the Post office was having a problems in the Northwest due to covid

Another order on the 18th stating this

OoICIFq.jpg

and in my tracking this

ppbMAE3.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Some years ago i realised i had prime before it became a big thing. called amazon and they cancelled and refunded the charges no issues

Soldato
3 items were Prime stating next day delivery "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" no 3rd party I know the difference . In reference the news last week stated the Post office was having a problems in the Northwest due to covid

Another order on the 18th stating this

OoICIFq.jpg

and in my tracking this

ppbMAE3.jpg

I stand corrected! I'm pretty sure I've never had Amazon prime come via royal mail, how would they ever do next day?

Are you somewhere pretty rural so few couriers?

Soldato
I stand corrected! I'm pretty sure I've never had Amazon prime come via royal mail, how would they ever do next day?

Are you somewhere pretty rural so few couriers?

I have 1 warehouse 6 miles away another 20 miles away and live on the Mersey

Last 6months I've had a few of my prime orders been deliverex via the post office and even DPD but mainly amazon themselves and quite a few same day.

Seems they must be having few problems.

Soldato
Is there actually anything good on prime video?

Yes, for the price its quite good.

We're entering an era where mega-corporations have unprecedented power. Almost unlimited power.

I'm sure it'll end well. Bezos is a good guy. Amazon just wants us all to be happy.

They don't have unprecedented power, or unlimited power. If you want to learn about that then start researching the East India Company.

Caporegime
@DXP55 Got a phone call this morning, "Thank you for renewing your Amazon Prime membership."

Now I'm *very* careful not to sign up for this thing, but I immediately remember it has been about a month since my last purchase.

"Great, now I've got to fight to get my money back," I'm thinking.

Go to Amazon, check my account, don't appear to have Prime, because they're asking me to sign up for a trial.

So now it looks like the nuisance callers are using Amazon Prime in their scam calls, too..

Going to have to check my account tonight to be 100% sure. What a pain in the ass.

Soldato
@DXP55 Got a phone call this morning, "Thank you for renewing your Amazon Prime membership."

Now I'm *very* careful not to sign up for this thing, but I immediately remember it has been about a month since my last purchase.

"Great, now I've got to fight to get my money back," I'm thinking.

Go to Amazon, check my account, don't appear to have Prime, because they're asking me to sign up for a trial.

So now it looks like the nuisance callers are using Amazon Prime in their scam calls, too..

Going to have to check my account tonight to be 100% sure. What a pain in the ass.

So nothing whatsoever to do with Amazon then.

Back
Top Bottom