New retro case

Man of Honour
So it's a modern case, painted beige, with a tempered glass side panel, and a sticker on the front.

Only with a $2000 pc too.

Not exactly a Coolermaster 201, 210, 410, Lian-Li PC68, PC78, PC72...

Associate
Besides the poor taste, it is not very believable either. Who was pairing a 5 ¼ floppy drive with a CD-ROM unit? You can tell that the case is trying to copy some 486 looks, but still, that was not common at all back in the days.

Associate
Look at that :D I wonder if it also depends on the country. In Spain it was a very strange combination because computers did not become mainstream enough until 3.5" floppies were the norm. There were 5 ¼ drives too, but you used to see those in old machines coming from offices, for example.

Soldato
Look at that :D I wonder if it also depends on the country. In Spain it was a very strange combination because computers did not become mainstream enough until 3.5" floppies were the norm. There were 5 ¼ drives too, but you used to see those in old machines coming from offices, for example.
I had a 5 1/4 in my PC for years I think even my early pentiums which all had CD-ROM's I don't think I ever used it but it was there so I stuck it in, loads ofus had floppy drives in PC's well after they were obsolete!

Associate
They were actually very reliable floppies, those big guys. I recall being 8 and having one with all my programs (back in the days I was attending some programming lessons after school). One winter night it fell into a puddle and I got it all muddy but, after rising it with water, it was fine for many more years :cool:

Soldato
Beige devices in black cases make retro Jesus cry.

Definitely don't spray the drives though!

I agree, but this phanteks case was be grade bargain £44 inc delivery, its so much tidier inside, i had a biege desktop case and it was a complete nightmare to work with. and lots of sharp edges. If the right beige case came along i might change back.. of course the other option is to spray the black case beige!

Back
Top Bottom