*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
I've settled on my wardrobe. I think the hat helps with sneaking :) I decided to embrace the...unusual clothing choices and this is the first complete set of legendary clothing I got hold of. Almost all of it crafted. The inner torso is a found item because I didn't find a crafting plan for a legendary inner torso thanks to the clothing shop restock bug. Still, I have over 4000 armour without exploits. It seems to be enough for most things, although the magic one-shot turrets and suchlike still exist. Also, I died tonight because I took the fire escape down from Judy's apartment. Instadeath as soon as you reach the bottom because reasons.

I was going to enter this in the screenshot event thing CDPR are doing at the moment, but that requires Twitter and I don't use Twitter. If anyone wants to use it, feel free. I call it "Portrait of a subtle hero" :)

It's full screen, so I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

8EWg7wT.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Issue with that, what do thye do, set it after the final events, set it before the final events, 'where it can make no difference.'
DLC in this game are going to be a big issue unless they fix the end and allow you to 'return to NC' after the storyline is over, rather than throwing you back in before you started the end.

Soldato
Like someone else, I'm finding more bugs as I progress fiurther in the main questlines. Yesterday, for example, I finished the "Transmission" mission and had the following:

i) Health bar showing 0/0 and I was invulnerable.
ii) Health bar then disappeared entirely. I got damage animations from barbed wire and being hit by a car, but I've no idea if it did any damage.
iii) All my vehicles disabled.
iv) A few seconds of guitar from Johnny's gig playing repeatedly over everything forever.
v) Healing items disabled.
vi) Fast travel disabled.
vii) Grenade launcher arms disabled.
viii) Changing equipped items disabled.

Cheers, I might leave this for another couple of months so.

I had to run 3 Km to visit a working prostitute (of which there were only 2, very close to each other in Japantown) to fix most of those bugs, then save, quit the game, restart the game and reload the save to stop the constantly repeating few seconds of guitar music, then visit a ripperdoc to remove and refit my grenade launcher arms to make them work again.

And that was after about an hour of fake-interactive cutscenes.

My opinion of the game is heading downhill quite quickly now.

When I need a break from gaming I just go for a run or do a few pullups but whatever works for you! :)

Permabanned
hmmmmmmm

JKxdeWP.png

Man of Honour
I think the DLC will include a fair bit of the Badlands as when you go too far off map, it says "Turn Back, nothin' for you out there...just yet"

On a partially related note, has anyone managed to jump the canyon a short distance along the road from the initial Aldeceros camp? The one where Scorpion's corpse was pushed off the edge inside his truck that was on fire and about to explode (his choice of funeral). I tried it on Jackie's bike doing ~160 at the ramp but didn't get close to clearing it.

Man of Honour
Issue with that, what do thye do, set it after the final events, set it before the final events, 'where it can make no difference.'
DLC in this game are going to be a big issue unless they fix the end and allow you to 'return to NC' after the storyline is over, rather than throwing you back in before you started the end.

Which will itself cause issues because in some endings you leave NC for good and in at least one ending you leave mortal life for good.

I think they'll just add extra content within the storyline, set before the final events. They already have precedence for that, since at the end of the game you're thrown back to before you start the final mission after the ending scenes.

im guessing they havent released any info on exactly what is being patched judging by the use of quotation marks ?

Just the vague stuff in the apology - fix some bugs, stop some crashes, improve performance on PS4 and Xbone. No substantial information.

Soldato
I dont think so, in the video that they released on youtube, they said they were concentrating on the console bugs i thought, PC fixes will be later i reckon, not next update, course there fix PC bugs eventually, but thats not there priority at the moment.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I dont think so, in the video that they released on youtube, they said they were concentrating on the console bugs i thought, PC fixes will be later i reckon, not next update, course there fix PC bugs eventually, but thats not there priority at the moment.
That was just pr talk. Pc will get fixes also.

Man of Honour
I'm finding the game feels more and more clunky the longer I play it :( in some firefights now it feels like my character is moving in fits and starts and aiming is somehow unsmooth and choppy despite not visibly looking unsmooth - compared to when I started playing where it felt responsive. Though I can't be entirely sure if that is the game or Windows 10 being **** - last couple of times I played I found it was doing update related stuff in the background :mad: - getting tired of these ****** clown developers.

Man of Honour
That was just pr talk. Pc will get fixes also.

They said just some bug fixes for all platforms. Not a substantial fix to anything other than inadequate performance on PS4 and Xbone. Which is itself likely to be underwhelming because there's nothing CDPR can do about the hardware of those consoles.

PR talk usually overstates what will be done. It rarely understates what will be done. So I think you're being very optimistic. I think CDPR will probably do something to move the game somewhat closer to the game they claimed they were selling, but not much and not soon.

Soldato
Just completed this last night. I squeezed 124 hours out of it; an exhaustive play-through which also included experiencing all of the endings I was able to access by reloading previous save games. Each of which, I must add were a
complete and utter disappointment. None of them took into account any of my previous actions. The dialogue between V and Johnny especially, but also some of the calls you receive during the credits, seemed on occasion to contradict earlier plot lines. So much so that I actually question whether or not some of the endings are bugged.

All that said...I did enjoy it. But at best, it was only half of what I was led to believe it would be. Roll on the next Deus Ex, the king of dystopian cyberpunk RPGs, imo....

6/10 (subject to change should the game be totally revamped. Which I doubt)

Back
Top Bottom