Winter 2020/2021

Associate
Very mild, the sun has been out most of the afternoon here, I was sat in the garden for the first time this year :D
First time in months i took the dog for a walk without a coat. Very mild. Just a jumper was fine.

The snow yesterday was virtually non-existant round here and soon washed away with rain, sad times.

Soldato
BBC is forecasting snow Wednesday and Thursday. As usual it will probably just be that filth that turns to slush by the afternoon. :(

Man of Honour
BBC is forecasting snow Wednesday and Thursday. As usual it will probably just be that filth that turns to slush by the afternoon. :(

Arpege showing scattered snow showers over north Wales and the Midlands but yeah looks fairly short lived and patchy.

Largely agreement between the models at the moment out to near the end of the month not showing anything spectacular - after the 20th it will cool down a little maybe 1-2 actual cold days but no signs of any wider spread winter weather of note.

Lots of polar disturbances though ongoing and forecast so plenty of opportunity still.

Associate
I've been working on site today, such heavy rain I had to send our contractors home as buildings were flooding and paths were becoming inaccessible. Driving home roads were closed due to flooding and rivers have burst their banks. I have now looked out the window mere hours later and there's about an inch of snow everywhere. Did I dream most of today or what! Weird weather!

Man of Honour
I've been working on site today, such heavy rain I had to send our contractors home as buildings were flooding and paths were becoming inaccessible. Driving home roads were closed due to flooding and rivers have burst their banks. I have now looked out the window mere hours later and there's about an inch of snow everywhere. Did I dream most of today or what! Weird weather!

Filthy rainy/stormy weather moving in here :( I actually like a nice storm but not over snow.

Soldato
Its been snowing now in Macclesfield ( south of manc ) for about an hour and roads already very nasty.... no gritters etc... all the weather info saying "rain"... erm there is like 4cm of snow already and showing no signs of stopping.

Soldato
It's been throwing it down with rain all day - came back on PC and looked up at CCTV monitor and there is a inch of snow now at 9.30pm with temp of 2.2c - might be able to go for a run tomorrow to test winter wheels.

Soldato
Same here in Stoke, has been tipping it down all day. Just gone to lock the back gate and opened the back door to find an inch of snow and it's coming down like crazy with massive ********** too.

Seriously? How are we supposed to discuss Winter weather if ********** is censored?

Back
Top Bottom