Cobra Kai

Soldato
I do like how Daniels son is just completely ignored, he had a bit part in Season 1, had no mention in Season 2 until the end when he seemed to return from camp and now in Season 3 i don't even think he's had a mention.

It's comical how the family exists seemingly without the small child!

Soldato
I do like how Daniels son is just completely ignored, he had a bit part in Season 1, had no mention in Season 2 until the end when he seemed to return from camp and now in Season 3 i don't even think he's had a mention.

It's comical how the family exists seemingly without the small child!

He was in one brief scene where the mother was berating the daughter for something at the dojo, made a few quips about his sister and was never seen again from what I remember.

Man of Honour
He was in one brief scene where the mother was berating the daughter for something at the dojo, made a few quips about his sister and was never seen again from what I remember.

I rekcon he's mettoo'd the sister or something or is just such a horribly bad actor they can't point the camera at him. It's weird

Caporegime
I just finished last episode of Season 3 and my god this was one of the worst shows I have seen in a while. Acting and script are terrible, writing is dull as dishwater, even the fight choreography of what is supposed to be the big finale is laughably bad with kids visibly jumping when thrown and Larusso looking like he has borderline arthritis.

I was a MASSIVE Karate Kid fan; I watched them all more times than I can count. They got me into Karate when I was young and were a massive driver for me wanting to learn martial arts and stand up to any school bullies. They were inspirational movies for many kids. Cobra Kai is absolutely nothing like the movies. It may share some tired looking actors, but it most certainly does not have the heart or character-building and heart-warming examples of behaviour that those movies did. It is in comparison a soulless husk, largely because there is no Mayogi to act as the stalwart moral compass that glues it all together. Larusso can't even hope to fill that void in this show.

The continually escalating violence of the kids if just utterly ludicrous to the point where I am sitting here with my eyes rolling back into my head. Home invasions? Glassing each other? Smashing each other with weapons with what looks like genuine intent to kill? It's a group of braindead thugs vs a group of unlikeable braindead semi-thugs. The leads are pretty much all unlikeable and are almost all terrible actors in an awfully written and risible turd of a show. Sure, Johnny has a few funny and quotable lines but they wrote him to be so moronic that it's a wonder how he can function in everyday life. Larussos wife is god damn hot though.

Not even the nostalgia of Karate Kid could save this show for me and I really, really tried to like it. In the end, a terrible show is just a terrible show even if it does ride on the back of some of my fondest childhood memories. I bet the majority of people who love this show can't even remember the Karate Kid movies or just plain never even saw them. That's probably for the best.

The ONLY saving grace of this show is Dimitri. The guy is a legend who has provided some much needed actual comedy value and will surely go on to bigger and better things. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I just finished last episode of Season 3 and my god this was one of the worst shows I have seen in a while. Acting and script are terrible, writing is dull as dishwater, even the fight choreography of what is supposed to be the big finale is laughably bad with kids visibly jumping when thrown and Larusso looking like he has borderline arthritis.

I was a MASSIVE Karate Kid fan; I watched them all more times than I can count. They got me into Karate when I was young and were a massive driver for me wanting to learn martial arts and stand up to any school bullies. They were inspirational movies for many kids. Cobra Kai is absolutely nothing like the movies. It may share some tired looking actors, but it most certainly does not have the heart or character-building and heart-warming examples of behaviour that those movies did. It is in comparison a soulless husk, largely because there is no Mayogi to act as the stalwart moral compass that glues it all together. Larusso can't even hope to fill that void in this show.

The continually escalating violence of the kids if just utterly ludicrous to the point where I am sitting here with my eyes rolling back into my head. Home invasions? Glassing each other? Smashing each other with weapons with what looks like genuine intent to kill? It's a group of braindead thugs vs a group of unlikeable braindead semi-thugs. The leads are pretty much all unlikeable and are almost all terrible actors in an awfully written and risible turd of a show. Sure, Johnny has a few funny and quotable lines but they wrote him to be so moronic that it's a wonder how he can function in everyday life. Larussos wife is god damn hot though.

Not even the nostalgia of Karate Kid could save this show for me and I really, really tried to like it. In the end, a terrible show is just a terrible show even if it does ride on the back of some of my fondest childhood memories. I bet the majority of people who love this show can't even remember the Karate Kid movies or just plain never even saw them. That's probably for the best.

The ONLY saving grace of this show is Dimitri. The guy is a legend who has provided some much needed actual comedy value and will surely go on to bigger and better things. :D
I'm struggling to understand why anyone would watch 3 seasons of anything they think is one of the worst shows they have seen...

Soldato
I'm struggling to understand why anyone would watch 3 seasons of anything they think is one of the worst shows they have seen...

I was also thinking this. Why did he/she sit through 3 seasons? It's not like something like American Gods where there a larger story at play to be told over multiple seasons. It's just a basic, fun, semi-family entertainment show with a hint of 80s nostalgia.

without the swearing it is something you'd find on TV at around 6:30 back in a day. A bit like Buffy (though that got moved to 8pm when Sky got the rights)

Soldato
Probably one of those people that watch Top Gear/Grand Tour every episode and complain that is not really about cars and so scripted. But never fail to watch it.

I really enjoyed Cobra Kai, it's just fun to watch.

Caporegime
It IS one of the worst shows I've watched of late, doesn't mean I didn't absolutely love it! :D
LOL... my two friends loved it so much I was really like wtf, but I watched it because it was Karate Kid, they couldn't stop talking about it and I was hoping beyond hope that it would get better and do justice to my nostalgia. Sadly, it didn't.

First two seasons were bad but bearable and the 3rd season was utter garbage. However, because I'm a completionist I will likely watch the 4th but skip through to the cringeworthy fluff to the important plot bits.

Caporegime
I think he is just trolling for your reactions and debate

Yes, because views that you or anyone else don't agree with are obviously 'trolling'. It must be hard going through life without being able to take critical opinions of things like a grown adult. But no worries, I'm used to that kind of stuff on this forum as I have been here long enough. ;)

Soldato
Yes, because views that you or anyone else don't agree with are obviously 'trolling'. It must be hard going through life without being able to take critical opinions of things like a grown adult. But no worries, I'm used to that kind of stuff on this forum as I have been here long enough. ;)

Why would you spend a significant chunk of your own personal time watching something you absolutely despise?

Your big review of the show tells me you are intelligent enough to string words together, but seemingly not intelligent enough to stop doing something you don't like.

Back
Top Bottom