• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Associate
Hi, been a Day 1 owner of the AMD Team Red reference 6800 XT. I have had 3 RX 6900 XT that I tested also. Honestly, 6800 XT OC is the way to go. The 6900 XT OC got me 2-4 fps more than my 6800 XT. The price difference I'm sorry, not justified. Anyway, my card UV to 905mv on the soc. I have also use MPT and I get fantastic performance 2750Mhz clocks in games. 20,135 Graphic score in TS. This card is really a beast but you must OC it.
Sorry repost due to not linking Pics
dSFngNd.jpg uzR0xES.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi, been a Day 1 owner of the AMD Team Red reference 6800 XT. I have had 3 RX 6900 XT that I tested also. Honestly, 6800 XT OC is the way to go. The 6900 XT OC got me 2-4 fps more than my 6800 XT. The price difference I'm sorry, not justified. Anyway, my card UV to 905mv on the soc. I have also use MPT and I get fantastic performance 2750Mhz clocks in games. 20,135 Graphic score in TS. This card is really a beast but you must OC it.
Sorry repost due to not linking Pics
dSFngNd.jpg uzR0xES.png
Welcome I agree, the 6800 XT is the pick of all the GPUs available I think.

Caporegime
This card is really a beast but you must OC it.

Over 20k gfx score in Timespy, dude you have a VERY nice 6800XT there!!! I only get about 19400-odd with mine at 2.62Ghz (UV to 1025mV though with a quiet fan profile), yours seems a touch golden. Enjoy! ;) :cool:

PS. Got a 48" OLED earlier, guess you're running one too?

Associate
Over 20k gfx score in Timespy, dude you have a VERY nice 6800XT there!!! I only get about 19400-odd with mine at 2.62Ghz (UV to 1025mV though with a quiet fan profile), yours seems a touch golden. Enjoy! ;) :cool:

PS. Got a 48" OLED earlier, guess you're running one too?
Ya I have a 65 inch one. Yes looks like I got a golden sample. Scored highest today this is the max I think I will get.
jpksurm.png

Associate
XFX Radeon RX 6800 XT Merc319 BLACK 16GB Graphics Card - yours for £869.99 in late February

Would anyone actually be interested in those kind of prices/timescales?

Soldato
XFX Radeon RX 6800 XT Merc319 BLACK 16GB Graphics Card - yours for £869.99 in late February

Would anyone actually be interested in those kind of prices/timescales?

On this board, historically, i would say yes on the basis that custom 1080 GTX's hit £750 at one point i recall - non Ti.

I would not buy that card at that price level but i can see them selling considering how fast the card is.

Caporegime
Yeah prices are going up.

Was a rumour a couple days ago that AMD are jettisoning GPU production to increase console production at MS+Sony's request.

Production is already meant to be 70/30 for consoles vs pc components, if it goes much lower amd may as well just discontinue the 6 series as they are pretty much non existent as it is.

Soldato
What are you guys on 6800 (non XT) getting on your overclocks? Ive been playing today and it seems happy at 2500 core, 2100 memory at 900v, just wondering if there is scope to go any further.

Gets me about 15350 in timespy.

Associate
Not trying to troll, just trying to decide between GPUs at the moment, not that I'm getting any real choice to buy at the second but it gives plenty of time to mull over. I'm wanting to know if there have been any real driver 'issues' with the new amd cards that has been so widely talked about like with the 5000 series of amd cards.

Also would like to know if ray tracing is overrated, because that's the only real reason to go Nvidia right? How well do these cards cope with ray tracing, I've been looking at 3080 / 6800 xt territory for gaming at 1440p

Caporegime
Not trying to troll, just trying to decide between GPUs at the moment, not that I'm getting any real choice to buy at the second but it gives plenty of time to mull over. I'm wanting to know if there have been any real driver 'issues' with the new amd cards that has been so widely talked about like with the 5000 series of amd cards.

Also would like to know if ray tracing is overrated, because that's the only real reason to go Nvidia right? How well do these cards cope with ray tracing, I've been looking at 3080 / 6800 xt territory for gaming at 1440p
nV undeniably has a lead in RT, it's a very personal judgement call whether you value that or not. Ask if it's overrated and you'll get a lot of different opinions. Personally I don't value it at this time.

nV also seems to have the lead at 4K (oddly enough) where AMD does better at 1440p and 1080p.

Associate
I called them up after ordering and they told me, they had them in stock.

Brilliant. Strange that it said pre order for late February.. otherwise I think even more would have been tempted had they known they were in stock.

What case is yours sitting in? Looks like it could certainly get in the way of case fan configurations etc

Back
Top Bottom