LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
There are a few good videos on YouTube depending what content you are watching.

is there also not a “calman” light sensor that can calibrate the telly automatically?

Associate
So, my aging Samsung UE48H6400 has started showing purple patches all over the screen, so it needs to go.
Green light to go up to 55" Really want OLED. Burn in a concern, but I am getting over it. ( Had a G20 plasma in the past and never had issues.)

Uses are mainly Sky, Blu-Ray & streaming ripped films from my NAS. Occasional gaming on PS4. Living room is dark in comparison to many.
Noticed a couple of offers on this TV today. Any reason not to pull the trigger? Sony A8 is same price, Pana HZ1000 a little dearer.

Soldato
So, my aging Samsung UE48H6400 has started showing purple patches all over the screen, so it needs to go.
Green light to go up to 55" Really want OLED. Burn in a concern, but I am getting over it. ( Had a G20 plasma in the past and never had issues.)

Uses are mainly Sky, Blu-Ray & streaming ripped films from my NAS. Occasional gaming on PS4. Living room is dark in comparison to many.
Noticed a couple of offers on this TV today. Any reason not to pull the trigger? Sony A8 is same price, Pana HZ1000 a little dearer.

Had mine for a few months and no complaints from me. Brilliant set, my only complaint is I only have the 55" as I really wanted the 65" but that wasn't a fight I was going to win.

We both love nature/natural world documentaries and saved a few to watch on this TV. Totally worth the wait

Associate
Ordered the 55CX from Richer Sounds.
My last 3 tv`s have come from them. They beat JL current offer price. I am aware occasionally its been a little cheaper, but I could not wait. :D

Its coming tomorrow !!

Soldato
Ordered the 55CX from Richer Sounds.
My last 3 tv`s have come from them. They beat JL current offer price. I am aware occasionally its been a little cheaper, but I could not wait. :D

Its coming tomorrow !!

Love Richer Sounds. Bought my previous TV from them but my CX came from JL.

They're ace though. I bought my Sonos sub from them just before black Friday for £699. They said they wouldn't be dropping the price so I believed them... A few days later Curry's had it on sale for £549. Called up the Bristol store and within 5 minutes they agreed to match the price and refunded the difference

Associate
nice. I’m still holding for 1199. If I miss out, I’ll save for a bit longer and get a 2021 model. I don’t need one yet. But I want one :p

I have been looking for ages. Nearly bought last years Panasonic before Christmas, but thought I would hold on for a bit longer.
Once the wife noticed the purple patch on the current TV though, I knew it was time to strike !! :p

Associate
I have been looking for ages. Nearly bought last years Panasonic before Christmas, but thought I would hold on for a bit longer.
Once the wife noticed the purple patch on the current TV though, I knew it was time to strike !! :p

Mines still perfect 5 years later. I'm hoping for a purple blotch, then I won't be the enemy for for 6 months when I inevitably overspend :p

Associate
While not the CX, it’s the same panel so thought I’d post here.
I got my GX 65 installed on Tuesday and all I can say is WOW. I’m coming from my trusty old Samsung ES8000 that I’ve owned for years and the difference is night and day.
I’ll be spending the weekend tweaking my picture modes as there are a huge amount of options. Very happy with it!
Also went for the JL 5 year cover which covers burn in so I’m happy there.

Soldato

Just, if you have ripped films with a DTS sound track, that audio will not play on the TV. It doesn't passthrough DTS audio a receiver or sound bar either.

Associate
It caught me out!! Thought I would be able to play everything using the TV apps. Nope, had to buy another device to play my movie Rips form my Plex server.

Fortunately, the rips are for my wife and daughter mainly. Just standard Handbrake rips, with no high end audio, so should be OK.

** Its arrived !!.
Working, so it will be much later before I can get it set up. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Fortunately, the rips are for my wife and daughter mainly. Just standard Handbrake rips, with no high end audio, so should be OK.

** Its arrived !!.
Working, so it will be much later before I can get it set up. :(

Enjoy, you are going to be blown away when you see how good the picture quality is.

Back
Top Bottom