• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I will give a heads up tomorrow with some pre warning, then 30-60 minutes later the buttons will go live, I cannot give too much warning because simply if I do that more than just this forum gets involved and then people here have even less of a chance of getting one.

I wish all you OCUK forum members all the best when this goes live, I hope you get the item that you're after before they get scalped.

Associate
You'd hope. But money is money even if its coming from scalpers. Nice idea though

The way I look at it, scalpers and miners come and go, sometimes they cause huge inventory write offs, us normal users, are here kinda forever, so e-tailers should keep that in mind when chasing quick buck for short periods of times. These kind of things come back and kick you in the arse

Associate
The way I look at it, scalpers and miners come and go, sometimes they cause huge inventory write offs, us normal users, are here kinda forever, so e-tailers should keep that in mind when chasing quick buck for short periods of times. These kind of things come back and kick you in the arse

Very true, I have knocked a couple of retailers off my list recently for this reason - if I have a choice then it won't be them!

Associate
Off to work now. It's got that bad that my wife is actually going to be sat at this computer (whilst working herself) just in case she can figure out how to purchase and MBA card for me.. I've told her it's highly unlikely she'll even get to click the button but you never know..

Right.. off to regain people's lives.. Might get some normality to mine once this lunacy has subsided. I miss just being able to make a decision on what I'm willing to pay for a product and actually clicking to buy it. Feelsbadman :(

Associate
Is an MBA just a refence card - what does it stand for ?
hunting for the fighter 6800 or a reference today.

Reference designs on AMD side are called "MBA" or "BBA" (Made/Built by AMD). So it's their own design (irrelevant of which brand slaps sticker on it). But do not confuse that with reference version - reference just means a board that's been handed over to partners, so they can build their own based on that, using it as an example of how it can be done. It does NOT have to be the same board that AMD actually used in their construction. AMD likely used it but for example 3k series NVidia used different board in their own cards than reference one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom