• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Show Off Your Call Of Duty Warzone Graphics Performance

Associate
Yeah I was using 141 cap on my 144Hz monitor but just recently switched to 120Hz OLED and not got round to testing capping at 117 there yet (perhaps cause 120 fps at 4K is a big ask anyway:p)

For some weird reason when i enable V-sync on the OLED it seems to cap both warzone / coldwar at 117 FPS for whatever reason... will not cap at 120:confused:

Associate
I tried giving the 461.09 driver a go again and this time trying different combinations of settings like vsync on application controlled, on and off.
Reflex off/on/ultra, Reflex in game menu as off/on/boost. FPS capped in game and NCP, FPS unpacpped.
I think it was best with vsync on application conrol, vsync on in game menu, Reflex on with boost in game menu and FPS unlimited in game menu. There was still ~10ms gps latency / 10ms cpu latency. The game crashed with a driver error aftter about 15 mins
Geforce experience was also noticably slower to move the mouse pointer, like it was in treacle :D I could not change video save locations either

Restored my system back to 445.87 driver, Gsync on in NCP, vsync on in NCP, Reflex off in game menu. Back to ~10ms GP latency, 3ms CPU latency with fps cap working and vsync and gsync working great. No game crash after 45 mins

At best, all i can see Reflex doing is adding ~7ms of latency which is best used by the CPU

As mentioned above the fact you are capping your frames at 90/100fps is probably why the cpu latency wants to rise to match the gpu latency... if you allow your gpu to run free than the cpu will also drop the ms inline with the gpu latency / higher frame rate but as your running at 100fps max there is no need for your cpu to be going a lot quicker than your gpu can put out .. will only need 3ms cpu when wanting to run over 300+fps i imagine:D

Associate
Here's my effort, not the best but a general idea of the settings @1080 x 1920.
Generally I will stream this on another monitor and have a 3rd monitor running, all @144hz
Also running Nvidia GEForce Experience Instant replay to capture these short games...
I'm still not sure about game settings to get the best out of my system, obviously the I7 8700k will hold me back a little but I'm generally happy with this until my next upgrade, either a monitor or CPU/Mobo

Soldato
Here's my effort, not the best but a general idea of the settings @1080 x 1920.
Generally I will stream this on another monitor and have a 3rd monitor running, all @144hz
Also running Nvidia GEForce Experience Instant replay to capture these short games...
I'm still not sure about game settings to get the best out of my system, obviously the I7 8700k will hold me back a little but I'm generally happy with this until my next upgrade, either a monitor or CPU/Mobo

What GPU are you using?

To the others, Do you all use Geforce experience for recording videos also or something else?

Associate
What GPU are you using?

To the others, Do you all use Geforce experience for recording videos also or something else?

I used the Geforce experience for recording but seems to have a small hit to the framerate or at least that's what i experienced when recording the 4k video :confused:

Associate
What GPU are you using?

I use GEForce experience for the rebirth games and set it to 20 mins @1080p and it will record more than enough, but also I use it to record clips for suspect cheaters or funny clips.
I use Twitch Studio Beta for streaming/recording Verdansk, it's pretty simple to use, never really got into OBS.
My GPU is an RTX 3090 Founders Edition. The 1080ti I was using was fine for 1080p gaming but across 3 screens @144hz or using the Lenovo Explorer Mixed VR and streaming/recording it was dropping frames.

Soldato
I use GEForce experience for the rebirth games and set it to 20 mins @1080p and it will record more than enough, but also I use it to record clips for suspect cheaters or funny clips.
I use Twitch Studio Beta for streaming/recording Verdansk, it's pretty simple to use, never really got into OBS.
My GPU is an RTX 3090 Founders Edition. The 1080ti I was using was fine for 1080p gaming but across 3 screens @144hz or using the Lenovo Explorer Mixed VR and streaming/recording it was dropping frames.

Ok great. I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance.
I'm sure I'll be able to record plenty of dopey moves on my behalf.

Associate
I had heard that it does. I'll need to play about with it as I've not used Geforce experience much.

Yeah i only noticed it on the 4k video i done as i always play at that resolution so know pretty much where its should be fps wise in certain areas of the map but was losing at least 10fps , i was recording in 4K with a high bitrate so probably not the best way to use it but was the 1st time I've ever used the software to record so know for next time:D

What would be needed to record and have no hit to performance ? some sort of capture card ?

Last edited:
Associate
What would be needed to record and have no hit to performance ? some sort of capture card ?
I would think so.
Many of the big streamers use more than one PC so as not to take any hit and also not lose their stream in the case of a PC crash.
I've not really looked deep into it but it can get pretty expensive if you jump in feet first.

Associate
I would think so.
Many of the big streamers use more than one PC so as not to take any hit and also not lose their stream in the case of a PC crash.
I've not really looked deep into it but it can get pretty expensive if you jump in feet first.

Had a brief look yesterday and yep for something that captures 4k 60hz they start from £350+ for anything half decent so safe bet to say I won't be after one of them currently... 1080p versions are a bit more bearable at £150+:)

Associate
Had a brief look yesterday and yep for something that captures 4k 60hz they start from £350+ for anything half decent so safe bet to say I won't be after one of them currently... 1080p versions are a bit more bearable at £150+:)
I suppose that's the price you have to pay to get the results you want. My next purchase will be either a new 1440/4K monitor or CPU/mobo to compliment this 3090, I'm not serious enough to go buying capture cards just yet but it's interesting to see what's out there.

Associate
I suppose that's the price you have to pay to get the results you want. My next purchase will be either a new 1440/4K monitor or CPU/mobo to compliment this 3090, I'm not serious enough to go buying capture cards just yet but it's interesting to see what's out there.

It would just be for z bit of fun nothing serious so £350+ on a capture card is not top of priority list at the sec ... that money would be much better spent on some g-skill 4400mzh cl16 ram if I could get my hands on some ... would provide a nice bump in a few benchmarks which I am interested in :D

As for your upgrade have you thought about a 4k 160hz monitor to pair with the 3090 ? Can very highly recommend the lg27gn950 which is what I have . Due to it being 27" and 4k games look absolutely stunning and dare I say it on par if not better than my 77" oled due to pixel density on such a small screen :eek: it would also take some pressure off your cpu as should have no problem running at 4k with decent framerates :D

Associate
That monitor does look damn nice, thanks for the recommendation. I won't be buying just yet but I see what you're saying about the 4K taking pressure from the CPU. It's going to cost roughly the same either way to upgrade, around £700 for motherboard/CPU and around the same for a decent 4K monitor.
I must say my LG monitors have been great over the years, they're getting on now but still great for triple monitor racing and shooters being 144hz but I am definitely at a disadvantage not being able to crack up the resolution in games like warzone, my eyes ain't what they used to be!
Here's my 3 monitors....

https://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-24GM77-B

Soldato
This game is massively CPU/RAM limited rather than GPU. I have a 3080 and a 2700x and get a good 30fps under what my mate gets with a 5800x. I did get a nice frame rate boost jumping from 16Gb to 32Gb of RAM so that's another thing to consider

Caporegime
OP
This game is massively CPU/RAM limited rather than GPU. I have a 3080 and a 2700x and get a good 30fps under what my mate gets with a 5800x. I did get a nice frame rate boost jumping from 16Gb to 32Gb of RAM so that's another thing to consider
This is true. The game is so light on the GPU that it barely draws any power i find, see attached screenshots.

In other games i see 50W+ more power draw, with COD it's often at 200W or lower which is a bit odd. Still runs great though so can't complain. :)

22Kl7sx.png

b5ndGln.png

Soldato
Yep, I saw a huge improvement going from 4790k to 3600, then again from 3600 to 5800X

I gave 460.89 driver another go and FPS dips in places to 60fps and is very noticable.
This is running a 2080Ti, 3440x1440, Geforce experince filter (and tried with it off) unlimited fps and gsync on with low latency enabled and on boost. Low latency mode on Ultra in NCP

Tried the same thing with 461.09 and its slightly better but crashed after 15 mins or so again.

What drivers are everyone using? Back to 445.87 again for me!

Soldato
I'm still using a 3600 but been looking to later upgrade to the 5800X or 5900X. This would probably be my last upgrade for a number of years so not sure which would be best.

Back
Top Bottom