• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
yup on discord, very sad.

Very sad? Why are you on the Discord then if you don't want help finding a card? Sorry for spending a lot of my free time the last 4-5 months trying to help people get their hands on GPU/CPU/Consoles! ;)

The irony is, I know and we've had to BAN several known members on OcUK (some quite long standing) who we have found out are scalping on eBay and other places. This community is far from immune to scalping just posting on the forums. But we run a tight ship to keep scalpers out of here.

Associate
To be honest if the Nvidia prices are anything to go buy the AMD prices will be astronomical so discord does not bother me. Not blaming OKUK or Gibbo. it is what it is but i will not pay more than i am willing to!

Associate
The amount of work that this will take to manage all day for the OCUK staff will be immense. They've really tried to keep forumites happy with this drop and I for one appreciate that.
It's just a shame that it couldn't have been kept quiet, but that's the Internet for you...

Associate
The bots will buy them. This is proper annoying Why can't OCUK just take my £650, and send me a card please. I have been a loyal customer for over 5 years spent £1000's.

Soldato
Very sad? Why are you on the Discord then if you don't want help finding a card? Sorry for spending a lot of my free time the last 4-5 months trying to help people get their hands on GPU/CPU/Consoles! ;)

The irony is, I know and we've had to BAN several known members on OcUK (some quite long standing) who we have found out are scalping on eBay and other places. This community is far from immune to scalping just posting on the forums. But we run a tight ship to keep scalpers out of here.

It is a no win scenario.

Scalpers are here on these forums, and will be in the discord groups too. It is inevitable.

So when prices get raised to combat scalpers, that just inflates the ebay price anyway, so scalpers still buy.

There is no way, in this modern era, to restrict this information to only genuine buyers. It is impossible.

Actually there is a way, but its admin heavy, A pre-vetting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom