• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Wtf? :confused: You know a lot of our "members" (who don't pay anything btw?) are from OcUK btw... :rolleyes:

Geez, who'd have thought people be toxic towards a free service and some people spending their time to help others. :)

Anyway nuff said I'm done with this thread. Clearly I'm not 'loyal' enough, only been here 13+ years... some people's heads are too high up in the clouds.

Hi SPARX.
Also been a member hear for MANY years.
Only reason I managed to bag my 3080 was due to your help, so thank you.

Soldato
No, you've just managed to change who gets them.

Except you've just crapped on the chances of people here to get one by publicising it, not helped at all.

If you're naive enough to think that the discord has any significant impact on the bots and scalpers getting them then you are deluded. This is a public open forum and those are constantly scanning for links.

Soldato
@Sparx All you have done is opened the door totally wide open allowing the scalpers and their bots to feed. Please Don't give us "I am the community" guys nonsense. You done no one here any favours. Well done.

Ok I'm gonna bite. Please elaborate? How can scalpers and bots feed exactly from a discord alert? By the time we manually ping stuff, people with ACTUAL scripts/bots have already bought the items? :rolleyes:

No, you've just managed to change who gets them.

Except you've just crapped on the chances of people here to get one by publicising it, not helped at all.

You seem a bit cuckoo and don't quite know what you're talking about. So I'll leave you it. You're quite disconnected from reality clearly.

All I know is we've had 100s of happy genuine gamers now enjoy their rigs/setups from the poor supply the last 4-5 months. We have a great community of people :)

Associate
You seem a bit cuckoo and don't quite know what you're talking about. So I'll leave you it.

It's not hard, site owner takes measures to keep sale quiet and involve their own forums, you spammed it to a wide audience. Not sure why you're having trouble with the concept that it might be unwelcome behaviour, particularly as they specifically asked you not to do the thing you then went and did.

I guess I'll leave you to your righteous self-justifications too.

Soldato
It's not hard, site owner takes measures to keep sale quiet and involve their own forums, you spammed it to a wide audience. Not sure why you're having trouble with the concept that it might be unwelcome behaviour.

So just help limit it to the other members of the public and members on this forum, whom I'm sure scalpers and bots aren't short of already?

We aren't the only Discord, there are many others and HUKD etc who have an audience 10x ours. We are very small compared to them lol. They also don't moderate as heavily as we do to keep the community clean.

Flip side I know our Discord has lots of genuine gamers and enthusiasts. Also heavily moderated for scalpers and do our best to keep a tight knit (yet completely open and free) community. Get over it. :)

Associate
Damn, what mentler would pay 3080 price for a 3070.....
I've waited since Nov and have been playing on an RX580 for years. I'm done waiting. At this point, I'll get to play something for the rest of the year then re-sell it and get the next generation and likely be no worse off. I mean, I can sell my used RX580 for 300 pounds even now.

Soldato
You helped limit it? Those are some impressive mental gymnastics there.

You didn't interpret my post very well mr mental gymnast, I was implying you really think 1 discord server not posting it - means all of the public here are genuine non-scalpers and bots? Everyone here is a gamer and enthusiast? Get real :D

I've already made my point clear on the above being complete rubbish, with scalpers even posting in this thread openly. So you make of it how you wish Mr Almighty God. I'm just happy helping genuine people complete their systems/upgrades etc :)

Associate
was implying you really think 1 discord server not posting it - means all of the public here are genuine non-scalpers and bots?

No, I think that regardless of whether you think other people were going to do the same anyway, you did precisely what you were asked not to and spread the word.

I'm just happy helping genuine people complete their systems/upgrades etc :)

Except all you've done is changed the audience from people Gibbo wanted to give a chance to, to people you think are worthy and anyone they decide to tell (the world and his wife). Was it just you? Unlikely. Does that make it OK? Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom