• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful it arrived, but I'm sure if the postie understood the value of this it wouldn't have!!! The lack of packaging is not acceptable, but it appears I've gotten lucky as there's no damage visiable at all.

Stashed in a bike shed which is open fronted so in open view.

uvTmode.jpg

zFwSLdN.jpg

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
DPD over here was only slightly better. He left the 3090 still in packaging on my doorstep. Wasnt raining and I live in the countryside but still - lol. They also texted me it was being delivered after he had delivered it as driver scanned it 5 mins from the door. Wasnt that bad but still took a week almost in transit which is terrible these days. Glad it looks ok though @PermaChanged :D

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful it arrived, but I'm sure if the postie understood the value of this it wouldn't have!!! The lack of packaging is not acceptable, but it appears I've gotten lucky as there's no damage visiable at all.

uvTmode.jpg

zFwSLdN.jpg

An opportunist thief saw it but decided to leave it after he saw it was only a 10Gb card. :p

Shocking that it was left there though TBH. Someone with less morals might have said they’ve not received it.

Caporegime

uvTmode.jpg

zFwSLdN.jpg

Nice of them to put it in a box so you couldn't see what was in it....seriously who the hell sends a card out like that? It may as well have flashing lights on it and a siren saying steal me.

Soldato
Nice of them to put it in a box so you couldn't see what was in it....seriously who the hell sends a card out like that? It may as well have flashing lights on it and a siren saying steal me.

Sent via SD thats your local postie not some scrote in a white van. Even so thats a pretty appalling place to leave a valuable item unfortunately standards have really dropped of late no signatures reqd etc.

Soldato
I got lucky with my 3080 and ended up getting it 2 days after release.
The sky engineer was round my house adjusting the dish a few days later, he went crazy when he the box for my 3080, he wanted a selfie with the box like it was some kind of movie star.

It made me happy

Last edited:
Soldato

Make that your 3080 owners thread photo :)

DPD sometimes leave packages in our garden waste bin!

Soldato
Nice to see it can be done, but a waste on that card! Lets see it on a 3070. :D

Did you not watch all the video ? :)

1OGawGm.jpg

Watch from 09:07.

Also look how easy it was to unsolder and resolder the RAM chips. Not sure whether I missed something.

Its all based on a leaked 2080 document showing Nvidia planned to release 16gb versions of their 2xxx cards but as AMD didnt release higher VRAM cards it appears it was cancelled.

Soldato
RTX3080ti alleged benchmarks and specs

same core layout and number of units as the 3090

20gb GDDR6x on 320bit bus bus

Same power limit as the 3080

As for performance, on average it's 5% slower than the 3090, attributable to slightly less memory bandwidth and slightly lower effective clock speed from having a lower power limit than the 3090

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...graphics-card-specifications-benchmarks-leak/

Back
Top Bottom