• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Quite possibly, it is evident to us that both the Asus 3070 TUF and Zotac 3060Ti clearly had some kind of notification setup as the moment both those cards went live in around 60's around 100 units were sold all to separate customers as they have 1pc limit set.

There is really nothing else I can do, I am doing way more than any other reseller by only notifying on the forums and even taking them out of the graphics section and moving to the printer section, UK Only, 1pc per customer only and the system should also now prevent anyone who has ordered a card today in theory should not be able to re-order in a 24-48hr period. We have done everything we can with the tools we have to limit it as much as possible. :)

about 5seconds after they went live the discord channel bots pinged the direct to basket for those products

Associate
cs9ugKf.png

Soldato
Quite possibly, it is evident to us that both the Asus 3070 TUF and Zotac 3060Ti clearly had some kind of notification setup as the moment both those cards went live in around 60's around 100 units were sold all to separate customers as they have 1pc limit set.

There is really nothing else I can do, I am doing way more than any other reseller by only notifying on the forums and even taking them out of the graphics section and moving to the printer section, UK Only, 1pc per customer only and the system should also now prevent anyone who has ordered a card today in theory should not be able to re-order in a 24-48hr period. We have done everything we can with the tools we have to limit it as much as possible. :)

You did put the cheapest products live first. Maybe should start with the more expensive ones, flush out the miners who'll pay anything, and then release the cheaper ones later. Not that anything was cheap today of course.

Associate
Heart still pumping from trying to buy...
Refresh refresh refresh
Click the nitro + SE
Add to basket
Pay with amazon
Get some error
PANIC
Private browsing
Create a new OCUK account
Add to basket
Pay with paypal
Complete
Glare at e-mail
Glare at e-mail

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

20 minutes later... "Your order has been received"

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Associate

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Even if my purchase get's knocked off for over-selling (please, please don't), I tip my hat to you and all the extra-work you've put into trying to help us out today.

Thanks!

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I am doing way more than any other reseller by only notifying on the forums and even taking them out of the graphics section and moving to the printer section, UK Only, 1pc per customer only and the system should also now prevent anyone who has ordered a card today in theory should not be able to re-order in a 24-48hr period. We have done everything we can with the tools we have to limit it as much as possible. :)

It is appreciated, thank you.

OcUK Staff
OP
You did put the cheapest products live first. Maybe should start with the more expensive ones, flush out the miners who'll pay anything, and then release the cheaper ones later. Not that anything was cheap today of course.

They were all put live at same time and 3070's have been live most the afternoon. And based on how I click out of 3060Ti the Zotac was the last to go live as I click them in alphabetical order.

Soldato
Refresh refresh refresh
Click the nitro + SE
Add to basket
Pay with amazon
Get some error
PANIC
Private browsing
Create a new OCUK account
Add to basket
Pay with paypal
Complete
Glair at e-mail
Glair at e-mail

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

20 minutes later... "Your order has been received"

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Now you have to sit ands wait for days. Good luck. What a performance to buy a simple GPU.

Associate
So I got an order re
How can the cards oversell anyway? You'd think there would be a quantity amount entered that would stop taking orders when that number expires. :confused:

There probably is, but when you have a few hundred people all clicking buy within a few tenths of a second of each other, its kinda hard for any system to accurately know how many orders were completed. Just in the time it takes to ping the sales server the information has changed... The demand is at that level that normal sales services just struggle to keep up

Associate
For anyone who might get their order cancelled due to oversell, can we have the option to be added to the preorder queue for a different card? (As thats the last of the MBA 6800's)

Associate
Regardless of the current situation and prices etc I have to give @Gibbo a thumbs up for the effort being placed in communication and trying to give the OCuk Forum members a chance at purchasing the cards. I bought my last card from here (a 1080ti ) which was also advertised on the forums first, back then though they were offered at a discount ;O

Associate
you are aware all this 'extra work' they have put is isn't to help you out? it's to make money right? holding stock, and then bumping the price above other retailers when they don't have stock...

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

This is not 100% but I think our order downloader has caught now, everybody who ordered a card has got one, except five people who ordered Zotac 3060Ti, which I shall change to another card like MSI Ventus.

Those who order 6800 MBA, looks like your safe, Sapphire sold around 45 units and Powercolor around 30 units. What remains will now not be offered again on those as we will simply over sell and they will now be put aside for systems use as the SI department never got any 6800 MBA to use. Good work on those who bagged one! :)

Soldato
They were all put live at same time and 3070's have been live most the afternoon. And based on how I click out of 3060Ti the Zotac was the last to go live as I click them in alphabetical order.

I thought the zotac was put live earlier today in wave 1?

Anyway, doesn't matter.

Im into a bit of hobby mining again myself (only lately cos of the hype again), and don't begrudge it, but I wouldn't be buying at those prices. Its the big 30/40/50+ gpu, semi pro, miners that I begrudge getting more and more cards, cos they'll pay anything and they already have more than their fair share.

Soldato

I think you have done a brilliant job for the people on this forum. Typically above and beyond what other retailers have done. The fact that forum members have managed to get a lot of the cards it seems I think you will have made a lot of people happy today.

Ignoring all the moaners and certain members who disregarded your request to not spread the word of the sale and despite what price they were at its clear a lot were happy to pay to get a much sought after card. Think you deserve a pat on the back.

Associate
Hi there

This is not 100% but I think our order downloader has caught now, everybody who ordered a card has got one, except five people who ordered Zotac 3060Ti, which I shall change to another card like MSI Ventus.

Those who order 6800 MBA, looks like your safe, Sapphire sold around 45 units and Powercolor around 30 units. What remains will now not be offered again on those as we will simply over sell and they will now be put aside for systems use as the SI department never got any 6800 MBA to use. Good work on those who bagged one! :)

Happy days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom