• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
£600 for a 5700XT....just disgusting

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry but it has to be said. To see the amount of ppl so happy they've been bent over to the tune of £200 extra on these cards is hilarious.

And £500 on the almost bottom range 30 series card..

Gibbo be upgrading to a Zonda next week.

Caporegime

I'm sorry but it has to be said. To see the amount of ppl so happy they've been bent over to the tune of £200 extra on these cards is hilarious.

Yup, people just had enough of the waiting and decided to pay way over the odds. Not exactly sure how that 5700xt has magically jumped up over £120, there were around £480 or so a few months back.

OcUK Staff
OP

I am not commission based and I do not even recommend people buy these, I found the stock in China, it was expensive but I purchased it knowing that we will have demand for it, simple facts is gamers are not buying old AMD products.

We have a lot of product in stock right now for gamers that destroy a 5700 XT for less money such as the 3060Ti's. :)

Caporegime

bp6iGkG.gif

Someone needs to do a spanish guy interview of etailers and people paying over the odds for pc parts :D

Associate
Been looking for a 3060ti since release ( and a new card from before that ) and was under the impression from the last Gibbs post that I saw that the sale wasn't going to happen to next week, then I find out its been on since this morning. Luckily ( or maybe not ) I hung around reading up the thread to see check the state of things and noticed at the price some 3070's were still for sale. Manged to grab a Zotac 3060ti, but feel bad at £500 its way over what I thought was my limit and doesn't seem to be a great card, but the alternatives were a decent MSI Gaming Pro at £550! or worse PNY/MSI cards for more than the Zotac at £520+.

The one thing that makes this all a bit easier to swallow is that the 2080 super which the 3060ti matches or beats in some cases would have cost a min of £650 back in feb on OCUK with most cards around £700+ and some even £800! So in comparison the 3060ti for £500 isn't so bad. Still it is a shame to have so badly missed the proposed/lie price vs performance from nvidia based on FE cost, that was what got me really excited about the 3000 series in the first place, after years of what I used to think were over-priced cards - lol

Honestly wouldn't have done it, but i'm stuck on a GTX970 for over 6 years now ( from a OCUK Typhoon - been a great prebuild! ) and I'm in desperate need for a new card for potential VR development. I was meant to be building a new PC for work but while the hardware all lined up perfectly between nvidia for a gpu and AMD for cpu and at great price/performance, the reality is you just can't buy the damn stuff and the price/performance ratio has gone out the window. At this rate if it looks unlikely i'll be able to build a new PC before end of year I might just wait longer and see what AM5 brings, which at least the 3060ti will tie me over till then.

So yeah bit sucky all round, missed the initial announcement, overpriced, not the best brand, but at least i can stop playing these stupid games and get on with working now.

I will say the combined staggered release strategy/holding stock of OCUK seems to have worked well, at least in giving more people a greater chance of snagging a gpu, even if the prices are high, though honestly unless you are lucky enough to snag a founders edition i just don't see the crazy stock shortage and price increases going away for quite some time, at least 2-4 months. I have a feeling price drops will be slow compared to the price hikes we've seen, even when stock levels get back towards normal as demand will still be there.

So now i'm just waiting to see if I was one of the lucky ones to actually snag the zotac or if i'll get a sad email due to it being slightly oversold ;(

Good luck everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom