2021 MacBook Pro 14/16" Discussion

Commissario
Honestly the main thing I miss is touchID though.
Having got TouchID on my new MBA, I really hope there's some way it can be implemented on the iMac because I expect to be changing mine when the Apple Silicon version comes out. Either that or perhaps they might come with FaceID....

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Having got TouchID on my new MBA, I really hope there's some way it can be implemented on the iMac because I expect to be changing mine when the Apple Silicon version comes out. Either that or perhaps they might come with FaceID....
FaceID at standard monitor viewing distance would be excellent

Soldato
Presumably it will be September before there's a 14" model available. Otherwise, what's the point? They will have only have enjoyed 6 months of sales if they release in spring.

I'm guessing the 14" will be the exact same size just with smaller bezels. Similar to how the iPhone 12 designs are smaller than the than the designs introduced with the 7, yet have larger screens.

Soldato
It’s going to be time to finally retire my trusty 2012 air this year but I’ll hold out until the refresh. Without doing proper research of my own what is the consensus of m1 vs intel? I’ve been out of the loop for too long..

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
It’s going to be time to finally retire my trusty 2012 air this year but I’ll hold out until the refresh. Without doing proper research of my own what is the consensus of m1 vs intel? I’ve been out of the loop for too long..

Air refresh is rumoured for 2022.

Soldato
Sorry folks, it’s been a long couple of weeks. I should have said, I think I’ll be going for a pro this time around, not sure how I managed to omit that..

fez

fez

Caporegime
They will release the "proper" pros once they can offer 32/64gb RAM and a processor that is faster than the Intel offerings in every way. From what I can tell, the M1 based devices have been a massive success and havn't really had any issues of note so I reckon the green light for the more powerful ones has already been given.

Soldato
They will release the "proper" pros once they can offer 32/64gb RAM and a processor that is faster than the Intel offerings in every way. From what I can tell, the M1 based devices have been a massive success and havn't really had any issues of note so I reckon the green light for the more powerful ones has already been given.

Surely they'll support duel screens as well. That's more important that 64gb RAM at this stage of the game considering how quick these are.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Surely they'll support duel screens as well. That's more important that 64gb RAM at this stage of the game considering how quick these are.

They will essentially be identical to the current MBPs in functionality apart from having a crazy powerful CPU along with much much better battery life. Nothing else will be a downgrade unless you really love the touchbar and they remove that.

Back
Top Bottom