Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
seems like the only reason BP shares are down 15p is because a few hundred people wrongly had receipts saying they won £2,000 and BP is going to pay out, but BP make 45bil/Q so it's almost nothing?

apart from the fuel leak being back in the news:p but that was 2 days ago and seemed to barely have any impact
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nishan...-ship-incidents-around-world/?sh=7d5148bfd66b
The low-sulfur VLSFO ship fuel had been rushed into global shipping in January 2020 by the UN shipping regulator - the International Maritime Organization (IMO) - as a way to avoid criticism for the industry seeking to escape from the Paris Climate Agreement. Greenpeace has been calling for justice and a full investigation into the use of VLSFO on ships, as other ocean groups like Ocean Rebellion have called for BP to ‘come clean’ with what was in its oil that was spilled along the coral reefs of Mauritius
UN shipping regulator approved it so bleh....

probably just eco warrior mobs trying to make bp look bad

Last edited:
Associate
Absolute insanity going on with GME (Gamestop) this afternoon. It's gone from $40 -> $72 -> circuit breaker triggered -> $64 -> back to $70.

Soldato
reddit is getting rich!

I've only recently started trading and I must admit I took a gamble on GME thanks too r/wallstreetbets.

Glad I did though as making a very nice profit on it even with it diving every now and again!

The question right now is do we believe it's going to go above $75 dollars or do we hold out and see whether we can get it to $100!

Soldato
I've only recently started trading and I must admit I took a gamble on GME thanks too r/wallstreetbets.

Glad I did though as making a very nice profit on it even with it diving every now and again!

The question right now is do we believe it's going to go above $75 dollars or do we hold out and see whether we can get it to $100!
Diamond hands please.

Soldato
Diamond hands please.

I just wish I put more in! Only have 5.8 shares but still seen an increase of £100 over my £160 initial investment.

Will see what happens by end of next week as it seems most believe we can get this to $100.

I have £50 sat in some penny stocks and tempted to move it over but wouldn't even get a single share for that...

Wish I dumped more when it was still $30 but being a complete newbie, I didn't want to risk £4k on a prediction by some random internet people :D

Soldato
I just wish I put more in! Only have 5.8 shares but still seen an increase of £100 over my £160 initial investment.

Will see what happens by end of next week as it seems most believe we can get this to $100.

I have £50 sat in some penny stocks and tempted to move it over but wouldn't even get a single share for that...

Wish I dumped more when it was still $30 but being a complete newbie, I didn't want to risk £4k on a prediction by some random internet people :D

This is where you're going wrong.

If you were really into wall street bets you'd buy the dip ******!

Soldato
I had 1 share in GME. Going to blow the profits on hookers and blow ;)

On a more serious note, it's nice to see some my staples AZN and MSFT pick up after a while in the red. With the fall in value of the dollar I was down a fair amount in GBP terms. Hopefully the rally continues.

Really interesting to see what happened with Intel after beating their own and shareholder expectations, but seeing declining revenues and a decent drop in share price.

OcUK Staff
I picked wrong and put 20k in Corsair should have gone GME be worth 60k now, not all a loss at least Corsair is making me some money hopefully it can crack and stay above $40 next week!

Soldato
Won't GME just crash back down though? Seems it's based on nothing

its based on putting Citron Research out of business as they have massive shorts on GME. So it will be pumped as high as it can go , its all about jumping on for the ride and jumping off with the bags off cash and not left holding, it should get to $100 next week but might run out of steam after that.

Associate
I've been looking at DPP.L this weekend. The Poland franchise has been shaken up recently and is well off some of the other franchises. If the management can run it reasonably enough post merger, I can see a route to this reaching low 20p range in the next few years.

Caporegime
There's plenty of signs that it's actually turning around as a company though too. While the pump from the short squeeze won't be sustained, it doesn't seem like it will be returning straight back to the lows
didn't they make a loss even during covid? a new console launched last year too?

don't see how anyone has faith in them tbh, the business model probably relies on impulse purchases and people trading games in.

anyone else probably goes to bezos who's bound to beat them on price or just buys games digitally

Back
Top Bottom