Best 120mm fans

Associate
Looking for suggestions for 120mm fans, two for top mounted corsair 240mm AIO and one as intake at the bottom of the case (Raijintek ophion evo). Noise is a primary factor for me so the quieter the better.

Obviously the go to is noctua nf-a12x25 pwm, but I can't find them anywhere for the right price.

All suggestions welcome.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions. I've actually got a couple of those particular noctuas but I find them to be quite loud when operating at higher rpms, and at lower rpms they are quiet but don't do much for temps.

I've ordered some P12s I'll see how I get on with them.

Associate
Do you have room for push-pull? You may find that having the Noctua's pushing, and the P12s pulling you get better temp/noise ratio.

If you're still finding it loud at the desired temps consider duck tape as an aid to quiet airflow operation

Associate
OP
so the P12 120 PWM black/ trasnparent fans are now in my case and they're really good. Idle temps are 10-15 degrees lower. Not stress tested yet, but with the old fans, cinebench would send the cpu straight up to 90 degrees. Only cons so far, there is a very faint whining noise but its not that bad and only really audible less than a foot away from it.

Sadly not enough space for push pull else I'd have that set up.

Permabanned
There are often deals on the Corsair ML 120 PRO. These are very quiet fans, albeit they go up to very high RPM so you need to watch they don't go too high. But at about the same RPM as a Noctua they develop the same pressure. Of course they go even higher RPM too. I just bought three of them for £41, which I think its a good deal. They are normally £20 each.

Associate
OP
I've been enjoying the P12s they're really good, not too load at max rpm and do a good job at keeping everything cool. I've managed to find some noctua nf-a12x25 pwms for the right price so when they arrive I'll see how I get on with them.

Corsair ML120 are quite popular as well so may check them out, thanks.

Associate
I've been enjoying the P12s they're really good, not too load at max rpm and do a good job at keeping everything cool. I've managed to find some noctua nf-a12x25 pwms for the right price so when they arrive I'll see how I get on with them.

Corsair ML120 are quite popular as well so may check them out, thanks.
Do they have any more a12x25? :)
I've been looking for some of those for a while

Back
Top Bottom