*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Found a quite obscure side mission which adds a lot to Johnny's background, etc. very easy to miss if you mostly just play the main story and gives quite a bit of extra depth. Weird how some of this stuff is so random.

Think my favourite tune in the game is Violence it seems to sum up the game in many ways.

Man of Honour
Well, I'm finally at the last mission. All side missions done apart from a couple I didn't do for ethical reasons. All organised crime and assault in progress missions done. Getting on well with Johnny now. Still only 90% personal reputation though. 95 hours, so I got my money's worth. 800K eddies, max level, many thousands of components, best kit I could have, the whole nine yards.

And I think I'm going to leave it there because the game won't allow me the ending I want despite all parts of it being in the game.

In case anyone is reading this and doesn't know the ending options:

I've started a relationship with Panam. I'm not one for relationships in games, but it seemed right for the character I was playing. I joined the Aldeceros. I'm the one man army merc with all the kit. ~5800 armour, top flight legendary cyberdeck with a slew of quickhacks, chromed up, immune to electricity, modded up legendary pistol and SMG that I don't even have to aim, all done without exploiting glitches, more hit points than an elephant and epic skills in combat. Panam is not that. Neither are the other Aldeceros. So I wouldn't ask them to help on my mission for my life. I'd do it alone, then leave Night City with the Aldeceros and then get their help - with trying to find a cure before I die. The goal being to not die in ~6 months, give most of my wealth to the clan to get it properly funded and settle down as the Aldecero's crafting guy and Panam's partner. Happy days.

The game has an option to do the last mission alone. The game has an option to leave NC with the other Aldeceros and seek a cure. But the game doesn't have the option to do both, despite both being written into the game and not being mutually exclusive in any way.

Man of Honour
Found a quite obscure side mission which adds a lot to Johnny's background, etc. very easy to miss if you mostly just play the main story and gives quite a bit of extra depth. Weird how some of this stuff is so random. [..]

Interesting. Maybe I missed that one. It's easy to miss side missions with all the vehicle purchases being wrongly labelled as missions on the map. I did a number of side missions that involved Johnny (my favourite being the Swedenborg one, which says nothing about Johnny's life but is essentially mainly about him) and some of them added to Johnny's background, but I don't remember any of them being particularly obscure.

Would you give me some details so I can see if I've done it and do it if I haven't?

Man of Honour
Well I had a 100 hour relationship with Judy, and only got to bang her once, I am most confused.
Am I missing some bang trigger? (not even joking)

No. One ingame sex scene only. It's the same for all sexual relationship options. V and Panam get rudely interrupted by an attack on the vehicle they're having sex in, too.

After that, sex is just sort of assumed if you're in a sexual relationship. Or maybe not. Maybe you'd be focused on your central mission of not dying.

Man of Honour
Interesting. Maybe I missed that one. It's easy to miss side missions with all the vehicle purchases being wrongly labelled as missions on the map. I did a number of side missions that involved Johnny (my favourite being the Swedenborg one, which says nothing about Johnny's life but is essentially mainly about him) and some of them added to Johnny's background, but I don't remember any of them being particularly obscure.

Would you give me some details so I can see if I've done it and do it if I haven't?

I'll have to check the done missions I can't remember the name - but it shows as a side job in one of the market areas in Japantown but isn't there by default - only appears on the map after you've done certain other stuff relevant to Johnny. I'm not sure why it is a side quest let alone marked as a side job of little consequence as it contains quite a bit of backstory about his early days.

Man of Honour
I'll have to check the done missions I can't remember the name - but it shows as a side job in one of the market areas in Japantown but isn't there by default - only appears on the map after you've done certain other stuff relevant to Johnny. I'm not sure why it is a side quest let alone marked as a side job of little consequence as it contains quite a bit of backstory about his early days.

The only "mission" left in the whole of Japantown for me is one to buy a vehicle. I've done everything I can find and have 70% reputation with Johnny. I even went on a ride on the rollercoaster with Johnny. If there's anything related to Johnny that I haven't done, I don't know what it is.

Soldato
The Tyger Claws ruined the new arrangement for Clouds and killed people. That doesn't work for me - by now, my V is capable of killing the whole gang and would do so. Probably before they attacked Clouds. It's on his "to do" list anyway. But Cyberpunk 2077 being what it is, you don't have a choice.

There's 3 different endings for the Clouds depending on what you do during the mission where you visit the TC bosses...................

If you kill the Tiger Claw bosses and you kill Maiko you get the worst ending - Tiger Claws attack Clouds, people die.

If you kill the Tiger Claw bosses but you keep Maiko alive you get the Meh ending - Tiger Claws still attack Clouds but less severely as Maiko settles everything down

If you DO NOT kill the Tiger Claw bosses (let them kill the current owner of Clouds as punishment for him being crap) or Maiko you get the best ending - Tiger Claws DO NOT attack Clouds, Maiko runs it and everyone lives.

On a partially related note, has anyone managed to jump the canyon a short distance along the road from the initial Aldeceros camp? The one where Scorpion's corpse was pushed off the edge inside his truck that was on fire and about to explode (his choice of funeral). I tried it on Jackie's bike doing ~160 at the ramp but didn't get close to clearing it.

Only doable using speed exploits, nothing over there from the YT videos I've seen of people doing it.

Man of Honour
The only "mission" left in the whole of Japantown for me is one to buy a vehicle. I've done everything I can find and have 70% reputation with Johnny. I even went on a ride on the rollercoaster with Johnny. If there's anything related to Johnny that I haven't done, I don't know what it is.

It is possible it depends on choices you've made dunno.

There's 3 different endings for the Clouds depending on what you do during the mission where you visit the TC bosses...................

Yeah it is annoying you can't have more impact on the outcome.

Soldato
I thought the same until these three things:

i) Switched to 3rd person for vehicles.
ii) Switched to a bike instead of a car. Jackie's bike, specifically, although it would probably apply to other bikes too.
iii) Found that the camera would auto-adjust if I left the mouse alone and the starting camera angle was anything from behind the vehicle. Controlling the vehicle and the camera angle simultaneously was much worse.

Exactly what I found.
3rd Person on Jackie's bike at a reasonably slow speed is the only half decent way to travel.

Man of Honour
What makes it worse for me is that the map is so zoomed in by the time you realise there is a turning coming up you need to take it is already too late to adjust your speed/position to take it properly. Much of the time I can compensate for the lacking ability to fine tune the steering and unpredictability of magnitude of steering input.

Soldato
Patch Notes:

Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:

• Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
Quests/Open World

• Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
UI

• Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual

• Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
Achievements

• Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
Miscellaneous

• Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
PlayStation-specific

• Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
Xbox-specific

• Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
PC-specific

• It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Stadia-specific

• Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.

Man of Honour
Exactly what I found.
3rd Person on Jackie's bike at a reasonably slow speed is the only half decent way to travel.

I rarely went at a reasonably slow speed, though. Given the wildly unrealistic vehicle handling in the game, I didn't see a need. You can do 100, 120, 150, brake to 30 in a few metres, slew round the 90 degree corner and be back at 100 in another few metres. Given the extremely short range of the minimap, that's the fastest way to travel. Bounce off vehicles if you like - as long as you don't hit one head on you're fine, no harm done. Whatever is used to paint vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077, I want some :)

You can do 150 in the city on the wrong side of the road straight past the police and they don't react, but if you jump over a wall and land near someone police teleport in and start shooting you.

I was on the wrong side of the road a lot because the wrong side in the game is the right side for me, but in the city I probably almost as much time in the middle of the road. There are very rarely any cars in the middle of the road, so it's more convenient for a bike and the police don't care so why not? Embrace the lack of realism and vehicle handling becomes much better.

Man of Honour

If you kill the Tiger Claw bosses and you kill Maiko you get the worst ending - Tiger Claws attack Clouds, people die.

If you kill the Tiger Claw bosses but you keep Maiko alive you get the Meh ending - Tiger Claws still attack Clouds but less severely as Maiko settles everything down

If you DO NOT kill the Tiger Claw bosses (let them kill the current owner of Clouds as punishment for him being crap) or Maiko you get the best ending - Tiger Claws DO NOT attack Clouds, Maiko runs it and everyone lives.

Oops. They all attacked me and they're all crappy people going directly against Judy's goal, so I killed them all.
I'd have left Maiko alive if I'd had a chance, but up until them it seemed like everyone I shot was downed rather than killed so I thought she'd be the same. She wasn't. Judy's deal was a good one - the Tyger Claws would get money for nothing, literally. They should have accepted Judy's offer. And Maiko shouldn't have lied about agreeing with the plan then tried a betrayal to keep things the same but with her in charge instead. My V would have been fine with killing all the Tyger Claws, every one of them, so there shouldn't have been any of them left to attack Clouds.

Only doable using speed exploits, nothing over there from the YT videos I've seen of people doing it.

Yeah, I tried it in a Caliburn at 210 as well. Same result as Jackie's bike at ~160. I didn't expect anything over there. I was just trying it because it was there. Big gap. Ramp. Has to be tried! :)

Soldato
Those patch notes aren't going to pull me back enough to finish this.

I reckon I'll come back late this year. Still, I had a good amount of hours with the early versions so I can at least can see what progress they make first hand. I came to the Witcher 3 late, so didn't see the problems that had early on.

Man of Honour
Well, I don't have enough information to be able to find out whether or not I've done that mission, so I'm going to either try to forget about it or find a complete list of every side mission and go through them all one by one to try to find the mission you're referring to.

Seems related to The Ballad of Buck Ravers "quest" but I can't find an exact match on Google - it must depend slightly depending on options you choose when playing. I can't find a specific match in my completed list either - it popped up as a side job in Japantown after I'd cleared the area.

Back
Top Bottom