TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Probably not, even if true.

The obvious alternative would be to fund the British Broadcasting Corporation out of general taxation. Sadly, this would mean that they would simply end up being the mouthpiece of the Government of the day - a bit like Trump's Fox News.

You couldn't make it up.

Are you even a real person? You're not a bot of some sort?

Soldato

The obvious alternative would be to fund the British Broadcasting Corporation out of general taxation. Sadly, this would mean that they would simply end up being the mouthpiece of the Government of the day - a bit like Trump's Fox News.
Differently true in the past though I wouldn’t be surprised if the numbers have dropped as they are unable to bully as many vulnerable people. An obvious alternative is they start using adverts like the other channels or if you don’t like adverts they go to a subscription model or better yet both and you subscribe to get rid of adverts. After all the only people who would be against that are selfish penny-pinching people. You claim there is some sort of benefit to BBC, if that is even true. So I am sure you don't mind paying for it.

Soldato

When I troll on here I get lambasted for it.

It's quite simple when it comes to the BBC as those that don't want it don't have to pay for it and those that do want it can share the cost of it.

Soldato

Rather than the mouthpiece of the "progressive" left as they always seem to be now.

The BBC should be a subscription or commercial service just like all the other broadcasters. It isn't the 1900s anymore. They haven't been a vital service since the internet arrived.

Soldato
The BBC should be a subscription or commercial service just like all the other broadcasters. It isn't the 1900s anymore. They haven't been a vital service since the internet arrived.

Agreed, the idea of a state funded and run media network which citizens have to pay for, under threat of imprisonment, is a ludicrous concept in the 21st century. And it's looking more ridiculous with every passing year...

Soldato
Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but what's this Britbox streaming service? A joint venture with the BBC and ITV. So I pay for BBC content on top of the ridiculous license fee?

I don't watch much TV and if I do I can't remember the last thing I watched on BBC, really hate that I have to pay so much per year for nothing. I don't even use their radio services as I don't like any of them.

Permabanned
For the sake of a tenner a month I'd rather pay it and not have to deal with being bombarded with letters and unexpected knocks on the door.

Some of you guys treat not paying TV license like a hobby, I ain't got the time or inclination for that

Associate
For the sake of a tenner a month I'd rather pay it and not have to deal with being bombarded with letters and unexpected knocks on the door.

Some of you guys treat not paying TV license like a hobby, I ain't got the time or inclination for that

You pay because you require one I'm guessing

Soldato

Its more then £10 a month and going up over the years. Why should we waste money on a service we do not use? What if other companies start doing the same, are you going to start paying them £10 a month even if you do not use there service? Why let yourself get bullied into paying them money if you don't use any of there services? I don't understand why its ok for random companies to knock on your door and demand money for no service used like BBC do.

Permabanned
I mean this thread is full of people looking for sneaky ways to get out of it. Only have to look back one page to see someone with sky asking if there is a way around it .

If you truly do not watch live TV then fair enough, but I struggle to believe it is the majority.

Associate
Name names and point to posts of people trying to evade the law then please.

Just because you stil require one doesn't mean others don't, and that doesn't make them criminals as you unfairly suggest.

Permabanned
Look back a page or two and youll see the example I am talking of.

Thread is full of similar examples, I find it funny you guys are like a cult. Whatever keeps you happy.

Permabanned
One page back 3 dubious examples.

Guy doing his house up and wasn't paying it, "wanted to drag it out"

Army base megaphone

I wouldn't have a license if I didn't have sky, do I need a license?

Back
Top Bottom