System Shock Remake!!!!!!!11111one

Soldato
giphy.gif

Soldato
Great and all, but i hope they don't spread themselves thinner than they already have. We've waited years already and effectively all we've had is a a demo of one level. This game's supposed to be out in a few months and I've no confidence it that release date at all. I could be wrong but...

Soldato
Yesterday's update from Nightdive, including pre-order date and a nice bonus for backers:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back, Hackers!
We at Nightdive hope you had a great holiday season! Now for some news.

PC pre-orders will open near the end of February on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Game Store. This will be accompanied by the release of our final demo which will include the medical level, cyberspace level, full dismemberment, all newly recorded voice lines, and a ton of additional features and polish. We will still improve on the experience as we get closer to launch so please check it out and share your feedback with us on Discord. The feedback we’ve received for the previous demos has been invaluable to us and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Console versions of the demo will come later.

We’d also like to announce that anyone who pre-orders System Shock remake will receive System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition for free and ALL Kickstarter/Backerkit backers who backed at the $30 level or higher will also be receiving SS2:EE for free. It’s our intention to release both System Shock remake and SS2:EE around the same time. SS2:EE has evolved into more than what we were intending. This will be a complete source port to our KEX engine. All the character and weapons models are being remade, and we’ve received permission from the Shock community to include many of the mods that have become standard for many Shock 2 veterans.

These include:

• Vurt's Space Textures, Flora, Hi-res Water, Organics/Goo
  • ACC's Four Hundred (400) Hi-res Terrain Textures
  • Eldron's Psi Amp
  • Olfred's Fixed Objects
  • Grosnus' Hi-Res Spinning Marine/Navy/OSA logos
  • SCP
  • SHTUP
  • ZylonBane's New Quest Notifier
  • Vaxquis Vintage Song Remake v1.0 Mod
  • Mercurius' Tacticool Weapon Replacements
Here is a quick look at the before and after of the protocol droid. We’ve added more detail to both the poly model and the texture while retaining as much of the original as possible.

JTOlK0t.jpg

more stuff on System shock Remake in the blog entry: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/3019900

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I'll preorder this. It looks great but I really want to support the franchise. I'll Get SS2: Enhanced too and it's been a few years since I replayed SS2 so that'll make the package well worth it.

Soldato
closed Beta has arrived for those who originally pledged $50 or more.

March 2023 Update​

Nightdive StudiosCreator
March 3, 2023
The day has finally arrived and the Backer Beta is here!
All tiers that pledged $50 or higher are eligible, this includes:
  • Humanoid Mutant
  • Drone Cyborg
  • Cyborg Assassin
  • Cyborg Enforcer
  • Human Corpse
  • Cyborg Elite
  • Cortex Reaver
  • Retailer
  • Hacker
  • Shodan
  • Citadel Crew Member
  • Shodan's Pet
First and foremost, we ask you that you do not stream, or share screenshots/video to avoid spoiling the game for others. With that said we hope you have fun!
Here’s how to access the game:
We’ve received a ton of requests to make this Beta a separate release so backers can keep it in their library post launch.
You’ll be required to log-in to your backerkit to retrieve your Steam key which you can redeem.
Once activated you should see “System Shock - Backer Beta” in your Steam library.
Here are some things to keep in mind while playing the Beta game…
  1. There will be bugs
  2. There will be unfinished/unpolished features
  3. The Beta will receive periodic hotfixes/updates
  4. Initially only English language will be available
After you’re done playing we would really appreciate your feedback so we can improve the experience. We’ve prepared a few questions in a survey you can access here:
(Link to Survey)
That’s it! We hope you have a great time.
- The System Shock Team

Hard to believe it's been 6 years since this was originally announced.. lol.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
closed Beta has arrived for those who originally pledged $50 or more.

Hard to believe it's been 6 years since this was originally announced.. lol.

Yeah. Bit underwhelmed with the graphics direction they took. The demo was nothing special at all for me and I love these types of games. Will probably wait for it to get a huge discount before I buy it now, unless it gets great reviews or something.

Soldato
I have beta access but I might hold off until it is more finished and polished. I backed this knowing it would take many years to reach a release state. I also expected decent but not cutting edge AAA graphics.

I liked how it was shaping up from the last demo.

Back
Top Bottom