Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
I started a Trickster Caustic Arrow / Toxic Rain mine build character and wow this build hasn't been nerfed at all and I am flying through, done 3 hours last night and already at level 45

Associate
Into mapping but have a long grind ahead of me, the gear I need to get the build working properly is going to need me to win the lottery at the moment. The chest and helmet are pretty much mandatory for me and they are pretty expensive, granted it's only a few days into the league so prices will likely come down, other required gear is gonna cost several Ex as well though, that's not even touching all the cluster gems that elevate it or a crafted weapon.

I'll go as far as I can but can't see it taking me into higher tier maps at the moment, I doubt it's going to be any good at the multiple bosses either until I'm up and running.

Associate
"Hey mate I want your gloves for 1ex but don't have the money. Mind waiting 10 minutes while I liquidate my currency?"

"yeah mate sure"

*10 minutes later* "ah damn sorry I sold them lol"

I mean I've seen plenty of high life with cold res and lightning res Fingerless Silk Gloves since but those had 50+ dexterity on them which I need desperately

Last edited:
Associate
Anyway, that irritation aside I got uber lab finished last night much to my survivability's joy. I can actually tank stuff now. Dropped my 5L life and resist armour for a tabula as I needed the 6th gem
Just reaching red maps but not rushing too hard

I started a Trickster Caustic Arrow / Toxic Rain mine build character and wow this build hasn't been nerfed at all and I am flying through, done 3 hours last night and already at level 45
I finished the story in my usual 15 hours but the thing that has me impressed with this Bladefall/blast build is the fact that I'm about to hit 90 after the first weekend. It's not the fastest build but man it's so versatile, efficient and tanky. I haven't found myself wasting entire days trying to find items I can't progress without so I've been able to just leisurely run a few active searches on trade and buy upgrades as and when they appear

Hell I'm still wearing at least one ring I equipped midway through acts
Really wish I wasn't at work, I'm almost on the leader board for Chieftain builds on poe.ninja

Last edited:
Associate
Hit 90 this morning in my three hours play before work and made it halfway to 91 before promptly dying thrice to a twinned Rek'tar the Breaker empowered by the Maven and a bunch of damage mods
Did get a raw exalt and a stacked deck which popped out of the Waterways boss, the stacked deck being The Nurse which I sold for another ex. Got my Thread of Hope, medium ring -12% resists and some nice Fingerless Silk Gloves with life, cold and lightning resists and 54 dex. Starting to think I should aim for an explodey chest soon and also running into mana sustain issues against bosses like Drox. Think I need to see if I can somehow work Mana Gain on Block into this build without getting rid of my current shield. EDIT: Never mind, can't get the mana gain on this without some real risky fiddling. Guess I have to try and rejig my sockets so I can slip an Enlighten into my aura kit

Last edited:
Associate
Playing this for the first time and have chosen a ranged bleed/pierce build that looks fun. So far enjoying it, I think it's going to get a bit confusing eventually with all the mechanics and gearing :D

Associate
Hit level 91 last night and went 40% to 92 this morning, picked up an intuitive leap as I can nab a LOT of damage in the witch start zone on the tree + save a lot of mana with the herald node reducing my Ash and Purity reservation by 10%
Still struggling to get myself sorted with a Mage Hunter + Conjured Wall roll on a large cluster jewel. Really need to hit max block soon because I'm starting to see my life dip a lot more now I'm pushing into T14+
Also need to roll warding on my mana flask to replace staunching as curses are killing me a lot more than any bleeds

Still struggling to find a decent amulet for myself but has one with T1 phys as extra lighting and T1 phys as extra cold drop that a little crafting will turn into maybe a 10ex base

Wall of text here now but I also killed Maven empowered Hydra and Purifier. Was not aware this item existed but Purifier dropped a Maven invite to fight all 4 Elder guardians at once and following discussion with a guy further along than me it turns out theres invites fo 4 shaper guardians, 4 breach lords and so on leading up to a Maven arena fight against the pretty much every endgame boss at once I'm talking Uber Atziri, Shaper, Cortex and all in one fight. Sounds insane

which build/guide are you following @Frubeling ?
im working my way through a bladefall/blast one too, im only around lvl 40
A mix of Zizaran's build off youtube and the first guy to hit level 100 as Chieftain this league according to poe.ninja

Worst thing about POE is the endless currency and RNG crafting, its awful. :p
Crafting is pretty much not worth doing unless you know the ins and outs of it or you're SSF
Just buy stuff and accept you're not going to have a stupid frenzy on hit, extra curse, enemies explode 6L body armour piece

Last edited:
Associate
Hit 92 last night and cleared 19 of 20 Simulacrum stages. No huge money drops, my unique drop was Perfidy and not Assailum unfortunately. Solid reminder of why Delirium was one of my fave leagues though
This morning I killed A5 Sirus, first of the league. Ran into major mana issues in this fight but got him down with only 2 deaths despite it. He dropped Awakened Unbound Ailments and a Thread of Hope. Nothing mindblowing but at least 2 or 3 exalts so better than nought

Starting to think I should have just sold the Simulacrum, didn't realise they were going for about 200 chaos

Last edited:
Associate
Just started getting back into this game, finding it slow going, just cant seem to hit my stride with a build i like. Been playing a lot of Grim Dawn and i think it changed my expectiations. Going to stick at it though. Any advice for getting a running start?

Soldato
I need to get back into this, I can sort of remember what "linking" gems does, but not 100%. What was that dungeon you had one chance to do it all once, before being sent back to the beginning? It had a boss/bosses with a fire enemy in each corner of the room, or poison etc.

Associate
I need to get back into this, I can sort of remember what "linking" gems does, but not 100%. What was that dungeon you had one chance to do it all once, before being sent back to the beginning? It had a boss/bosses with a fire enemy in each corner of the room, or poison etc.
The labyrinth. One of the most boring bits of content the game has to offer

Back
Top Bottom