• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'd refrain from calling it good news until we know what the catch is.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a smaller rise (without the removal of 12m subs) later this year. And, alongside that, some sort of restriction (or reduction in value) of the Game Pass Ultimate conversion offer. I've paid £128 in total for four years of Game Pass Ultimate (so £2.67/month) through conversion offers. And I know many have paid even less than that. There's no way that's sustainable.

I just meant short term for now it's good news, they were definitely testing the waters and the response stopped them.

Soldato
I was playing breakpoint and enjoying free trial - and it's only 8.99 so certain I'll get that amount of fun out of it but worth paying 19.99 for the ultimate edition please ?

Watched a load of YouTube videos but been so many patches etc I'm.a bit confused

Caporegime
I used to enjoy the versus in the old gears. While it was simple, it was enjoyable for me. But if you’re saying it’s dead there is really no point in investing in the series x for now until maybe the next gears.

If you like horde and escape then it's really worth it. If you like versus 4v4 and are UK based, not worth it now. 5 minute plus waits for matches unless you want to play king of the hill 24/7. It's also nothing like the pace of original gears, higher speed, bouncing gnasher game. Horde and escape suffer a bit because you have to level up cards, so it stops the casual players sadly but it's excellent fun in a party.

Man of Honour
That has surprised me, on paper they seemed much closer.

The Series X GPU is 20% more powerful than the maximum power of the PS5 GPU, which won't always be running at its maximum power.

If you like horde and escape then it's really worth it. If you like versus 4v4 and are UK based, not worth it now. 5 minute plus waits for matches unless you want to play king of the hill 24/7. It's also nothing like the pace of original gears, higher speed, bouncing gnasher game. Horde and escape suffer a bit because you have to level up cards, so it stops the casual players sadly but it's excellent fun in a party.

Gears PvP has always been a rolly polly shotgun lagfest ever since the first game. I've never played a less consistent shooter before or since, and I guess that is the result of building a game around a weapon as random as a shotgun.

Soldato
That has surprised me, on paper they seemed much closer.

To me, that image just says that Hitman 3 isn't well optimised on either platform. Based on that chart, I'd wager my modest PC, with an overclocked 5700 XT Nitro+, would beat both consoles. But going by the components in all three systems, that really shouldn't be the case.

Still too early to judge IMO. Give it a year or two.

Soldato
I think it's totally unacceptable that at least Microsoft don't have a pre-order program where
you can put your name down for available stock.
how hard would it be for them to ship 1 console to 1 address?
they probably don't care is the answer.

Soldato
I think it's totally unacceptable that at least Microsoft don't have a pre-order program where
you can put your name down for available stock.
how hard would it be for them to ship 1 console to 1 address?
they probably don't care is the answer.

Or they don't want hundreds of thousands of pre-orders to manage? Evidently nobody does, otherwise somebody would be doing it.

Associate
Maybe Microsoft and Sony should have given priority to current Xbox Live/PS+ subscribers first via the online stores? im betting theres a lot of buyers (scalpers) who have never even lifted up a a joypad in their lives.

Soldato
Lost the sync between the controller and the series x today. Wouldn't sync any of the other Xbox one controllers I have (got 6 of those!) either, only a full restart of the Series X did something and the controller was synced as if nothing happened... Hopefully its just a strange issue and not an underlying console hardware issue.

Soldato
Who said the deal is ending soon?
I did the upgrade myself probably around two weeks ago(perhaps less), when I did so it clearly stated the offer expired in 9 days.

I don't know if it did expire and that's that, or they immediately reinstated the offer, something to check before anyone buys a shed load of Gold for sure.

Back
Top Bottom