• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Associate
Lets try again....(changed the image hosting website...looks like its worked this time?!) I thought that I would add my 3DMark result and an image of the card in my PC....

50865395408_e4b163aa2c_b.jpg

50865418813_f835ef39db_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL going into one machine though probably not SLI/Nvlink as I don't think that adds much performance to the likes of DaVinci Resolve and is unsupported for most games. Ultimate plan will be to water-cool both of them (I have the EK blocks on order). I use the machine for gaming and mining, 'she' uses it for DaVinci Resolve win-win!

I'm running SLI/nVlink with 2 3090 Gamerocks and using the nVlink for some work applications and seems to allow memory pooling in better ways than without the bridge, example without the bridge on some of the work apps it would only use 24GB and basically copy the same data on the other card, with the bridge it would allow full use of the 48GB as if it was one block. Not sure about DaVinci as I dont use that. Also with the bridge I noticed on games it was a lot better even with games that dont require it in mGPU, SLI doesn't work as no profiles but games supporting mGPU do use both cards and without the bridge some just dont work or micro stutter a lot. So just a heads up, worth getting a bridge before they vanish for sale and people are asking stupid prices for them when they have them.

What is the specs of the rest of your system ?

Associate
I'm running SLI/nVlink with 2 3090 Gamerocks and using the nVlink for some work applications and seems to allow memory pooling in better ways than without the bridge, example without the bridge on some of the work apps it would only use 24GB and basically copy the same data on the other card, with the bridge it would allow full use of the 48GB as if it was one block. Not sure about DaVinci as I dont use that. Also with the bridge I noticed on games it was a lot better even with games that dont require it in mGPU, SLI doesn't work as no profiles but games supporting mGPU do use both cards and without the bridge some just dont work or micro stutter a lot. So just a heads up, worth getting a bridge before they vanish for sale and people are asking stupid prices for them when they have them.

The last time I went SLi was with a pair of Asus ROG Strix 980ti's, that was a great system. I don't think I'll go SLi/nVlink on the 3090, like, as you said there are no profiles.

I have recently completed a new build, which was a fun build.

Its quite extensive.....

Windows 10 Professional 64Bit.

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula (AMD AM4 DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard (BIOS Version 3003 04/12/2020).

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Sixteen Core 4.7GHz (Socket AM4) Processor.

NZXT Kraken X73 AIO CPU Water Cooler – 360mm, with 3x Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB, 120mm RGB LED PWM Fans.

Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800CL16 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit.

Seagate Firecuda 520 1TB PCIE 4.0 NVME M.2 Solid State Drive (Main Drive).

Samsung SAM 850 Pro 1TB 2.5 inch SATA III Solid State Drive.

Crucial CT512M550SSD1 512GB M550 SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive.

Western Digital Black WD4005FZBX 4TB desktop 3.5 inch SATA Internal Hard Drive.

Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB Desktop 3.5 inch SSHD Internal Solid State Hybrid Drive.

Western Digital 6TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 (Backup Drive).

ASUS ROG Strix Arion M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure (USB 3.2) with a Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe M.2 SSD (For Steam Games).

Buffalo BRXL-16U3-EU 16x USB 3.0 External Blu-ray Drive.

Inno3D GeForce RTX3090 iChill X4 24GB GDDR6X Graphics Card.

ASUS ROG STRIX XG32VQR 32” Monitor.

Corsair HX1200i 1200W '80 Plus Platinum' Digital Modular Power Supply (CP-9020070-UK) with Corsair Generation 2 Sleeved Cable Kit-Red.

Lian-Li 011 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified) Aluminium Midi Tower – Silver. Containing 10x Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB, 120 mm RGB LED PWM Fans (including the fans on the AIO) and a NZXT Internal Magnetic USB Hub.

1x Corsair iCUE Commander PRO Smart RGB Lighting and Fan Speed Controller with 2x Corsair iCUE Lighting Node Cores.

ASUS ROG Strix Scope TKL Deluxe RGB USB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.

ASUS ROG Chakram Ergonomic RGB Optical Qi Wireless Gaming Mouse.

Asus ROG Strix Fusion Wireless Gaming Headset.

Asus ROG Throne Qi with Wireless Charging.

Bose ® Companion ® 5 Multimedia Speaker System.

Noblechairs HERO Gaming Chair – Black Adition.

Associate

You got a photo of your machine?

Soldato
You got a photo of your machine?
Just some quick pictures, it's still not all done yet I need to plug the soundcard in with a riser and mount it vertically and plug all the drives in on the sata side and add a large fan near the gpus to blow cool air over them and other things yet. I will update it when it's all done, just have it setup on the floor for now so I can atleast do my work on it and when I have a moment to finish off bits. So far working great and doing what I need it to do. Also need to tidy the cables and wipe my paw prints off the oled screen on the mobo and the cooler, stick the side panels on etc etc etc.. The light show is on just for you guys the lights are normally off and the case has no side panel you can look threw anyways.

bjah5oW.jpg
ZhKsw7h.jpg
BpplYKJ.jpg
woQ5wBS.jpg
fYosm2g.jpg
lV9L8YE.jpg

pCktSbZ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm no Discord expert (old school Team Speak 3 user:)) but I set it up in 5 minutes using the guides in this post --> 30xx Series Founders Edition | Overclockers UK Forums . All I can say is that I joined the PartAlert bot thingy and then 'subscribed' to #founders-edition which only reports on Nvidia's site changing to "In-Stock"...

You can, and I did bud... I joined Telegram's FE PartAlert and Discord's PartAlert #founders-edition bots, bagged a 3090 within 18 hours of setting it up...

Ahhh I think talking about different discord then. Not seen FE option on one where I bagged mine. Nice though to know there is one rather then getting flooded with all the overpriced ones!

Associate

I might try this as you make a good point about the price potentially going up. I'm just not sure if I have the spacing required for the Nvlink as well but would be willing to try it. I read a review of Nvlink in DaVinci Resolve that showed it was detrimental to performance when SLI was enabled. DaVinci can make use of multiple GPUs anyway so it was better to not use SLI.

Rest of system is:
Ryzen 5950x
EK XE
EK PE
EK X570 Monoblock
EK Quantum Reflection O11 XL
EK 3090 FE Water Block (on order)
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Gigabyte X570 Master
Corsair AX1000 (will be replacing this with AX1600i when second GPU is installed)
GSkill Trident Z Neo 3600 32GB

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Just check the Nvidia store at 2:01pm everyday.

I got mine at the first drop after deciding I wanted one with no alerts set up at all.

The 3090FE doesn’t go out of stock instantly.

Soldato
Towards the end of 2020 3090's would stay in stock on Nvidia's website for days but in 2021 so far 3090s are being sold out in hours. Supply of any and all video cards has decreased, which increases demand for 3090s.

Basically 3090's FE go quicker from Nvidia right now compared to before, so need to set up the alarm ideally. Once you got he alarm, one would likely have a couple of hours to get one so no need to monitor drops 24/7.

Associate
No mate, never heard of it tbh.

It is very useful. You add it to Chrome (or other supported browsers) as an extension. Then, you select parts of the Nvidia store (like the Buy button) and it runs in the background checking for changes. You can schedule it to run from as little as every 5 seconds and if there is a change to that part of the web page, it will alert you (by email and or make a chime to let you know). I posted an earlier post on this thread last week about the two webpages I tracked. Plenty of people on here have had success with it alerting them to changes.

Back
Top Bottom