*** Nintendo Switch ***

Tea Drinker
Don
Afternoon, many moons ago I bought these below, can I get them working on my sons switch? I've tried powering the headphones with wall charger with no avail, if not any recommendations for a wireless headset? Cheap cheap please as they'll get wrecked

Tritton AX180

Soldato
Are there any really simple music type games that you control simply by moving the controller?

I remember a have on PlayStation years ago that was just flying and add you moved you changed the sounds, want something similar.

Soldato
The switch has ended up being one of my least used Nintendo consoles due to all the releases, it's like a kick in the teeth every time they are announced, I can see why they do it, it's easy money, and tbh many people haven't even played these games today, but I do feel like I've been penalised for being a Wii-U owner, I see everyone enjoying their Switch's while I feel like starring in Groundhog day.

It's especially annoying as it has been my favourite sku from Nintendo to date, I always wanted an handled that gave me a fully-fledged console experience on the move and this does that, I just want more first party games to play on it, they better release an MK9 on this thing god dammit!
I feel the same - owned both Wii consoles so don't need all of these remasters. They sucked me in with BOTW as a release game, and to be fair Odyssey followed shortly after, but since then there has been **** all decent new exclusives.

Bowser's Fury looks good but I'm not prepared to pay £40+ for a game I've already completed twice just to enjoy an extra bit of content.

Soldato
Agreed, if you owned a Wii U then a switch is not that appealing. Even the pokemon main releases have been lackluster. How long are we waiting for Metroid Prime, again?
I still own a Wii U and love my Switch.

Your comment just doesn't work. If anything owning a Wii U would make the Switch even more appealing. That system was close to being a handheld but failed due to tech limits at the time.

Then again many of the games getting re-release on Switch I never bought on Wii U. So I am happy being able to pick them all up.

Soldato
Totally yes.

Then enjoy :) (sincerely!)

But I look at this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nintendo_Switch-only_games

And I omit the duplicates/remakes such as smash ultimate, links awakening etc, and I think it's incredibly lacking for a console of it's age.

E.g off the top of my head, the gamecube library:

Metroid prime 1 & 2
Mario sunshine
Mario double dash
Wind waker
Twilight princess
pokemon colloseum / gale of darkness
pikmin 1 & 2
starfox assault
F-zero GX
Smash bros

Just seems so much stronger. Perhaps I'm letting nostalgia bias me though?

Soldato
Mario kart, Zelda, smash bros are just suped up Wii U variants.

Metroid is coming, as is another zelda so the switch will have those.

But also let's not forget that in that era, the handheld division was seperate. And we had *tons* of amazing first party GBA games to boot. Now they are unified.

Man of Honour
Mario kart, Zelda, smash bros are just suped up Wii U variants.

Metroid is coming, as is another zelda so the switch will have those.

But also let's not forget that in that era, the handheld division was seperate. And we had *tons* of amazing first party GBA games to boot. Now they are unified.

Smash bros is a very different game to the Wii U version, both in single player and multiplayer. The other 2 are just direct ports with a bit of a boost in graphics.

Bayonetta, Pikmin, and the plethora of Mario ports would be better examples than smash.

Soldato
This is exactly the point. I *Did* play them. Imagine your switch library being reduced to only switch exclusives. Still worth it?
You could make the same argument about the Xbox though.

I've been really enjoying playing through a lot of the indie games on my Switch. Most are available on PC as well, but having them on something which can easily be connected to a TV and also played in handheld mode is great.

Soldato
Yea true.

I guess my point is, why are we having fewer first party releases, to which the answer is probably that first party titles now take more effort to develop since people expect "bigger" games, to which my point would be that - actually - I'd personally prefer smaller games of the N64/gamecube era, but just have more of them.

Perhaps I'm in the minority though.

Man of Honour
Yea true.

I guess my point is, why are we having fewer first party releases, to which the answer is probably that first party titles now take more effort to develop since people expect "bigger" games, to which my point would be that - actually - I'd personally prefer smaller games of the N64/gamecube era, but just have more of them.

Perhaps I'm in the minority though.

First party games should be the biggest, with AA and indie games from third parties filling those gaps with lower budgets and smaller teams.

Back
Top Bottom