• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hitman 3 Performance Benchmarks

Permabanned
https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/hitman_3_pc_graphics_perf_benchmark_review,9.html

Concluding

Before writing this article's conclusion, can I say that I am appalled by this game's current price levels? EPIC got exclusive sales on the game, and literally, the game is more of the same with a few graphical tweaks here and there. You'll pay €59.99 for the base game with its six episodes. The HITMAN 3 - Deluxe Edition sells at a ridiculous €89.99 in the Epic Game Store, a trinity edition containing previous editions. Really, I'd say wait and then grab the game for half the money in some sale as even that 60 bucks I find too much for this game. Hitman 3 is rather short, even by Hitman standards. The six new missions are completed by professionals in around five to six hours. Right, game versus hardware used then. Nice to see was that our processor was utilized on all threads (a little), helping boost the frame rates when not GPU bound.

Raytracing

It always manages to baffle me that when a software house release trailers before release indicating new render technologies like Raytracing, it's then not supported at launch. While the Glacier engine now is fully DirectX 12 capable, DX12 Ultimate compatible even, it does not support Raytracing. IO Interactive, however, stated it would release RT later in the year. For the 60 bucks, you need to pay for this game, that's just a prominent disappointment. If there is one engine ready for raytracing (which needs high framerates as RT eats away in the rasterizer performance), it's Glacier. There are many moments, however, where graphics quality is 'just okay.' Luckily the hardware demands for ultra-details are not that steep, though.

Final words

Overall the game looks nice I mean IO interactive really is dragging everything they possibly can out of the engine; and you will not need beefy hardware to run it in the best image quality settings. We feel that both AMD and NVIDIA benefit from the game engine. This Glacier engine has been around for ages and is reused with tweaks hence the huge framerates at the very best image quality settings. This was also why we did not bother testing lower quality settings; any card can play this game. Up-to 2560x1440, the most mainstream, and higher-end graphics cards offer agreeable framerates at corresponding image quality settings. That Ultra quality mode requires your 500 USD card and upwards. The gameplay is far too familiar, pretty much the same compared to previous editions. You can play around with graphics quality settings to boost FPS a bit. In the end, we feel this game is 'more of the same' and will become repetitive quite fast. Honestly, I'd advise not to purchase the game right now, wait for a Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter sale or something, and hopefully, by that time, Raytracing is supported as well.

Maybe once it hits Steam with RT support.

Soldato
No 8k benchmarks?

FYI the RTX3090 can run hitman 3 at 8k 60fps max settings
Are you sure?! 8k/30fps yes but not 60.

@OP

I have been playing it and it’s pretty basic graphically (4K ultra) albeit some nice lighting touches. Even the new Xbox console can hit 4K 60 native on this game.

Soldato
Are you sure?! 8k/30fps yes but not 60.

@OP

I have been playing it and it’s pretty basic graphically (4K ultra) albeit some nice lighting touches. Even the new Xbox console can hit 4K 60 native on this game.

Its not locked 60, but its up there and seems to average around 56fps with highs of 70fps

Soldato
It's still a good looking game even if it's not pushing any boundaries, and thus performance is solid. Had 4K 60 with lots of power to spare on a 6800. Not really sure what I'd want from it more in terms of gfx, I know it has RTX coming later but I feel like it won't matter too much because the game needs more geometric detail first of all. The most obvious RT - reflections, won't be as impactful here since we have both SSR & bind-to-texture, and the rest are not going to be so obvious (shadows etc). Right now my main complaint is that the HDR is broken and thus I've shelved it until it gets fixed. They've had it for 3 games now but they've not gotten a grasp on it at all.

Associate
what's so funny?
You were a little wrong with Radeon performance. And i think it will be very close to the 3090 in 8k too, it has enough RAM to do 8K gaming. Linus tested some games with 8k and AMD did pretty well there, and there is still a problem with Radeon cards power limit, Nvidia was consuming like 440-450W on average while the Radeon was around 360W. On some Radeon cards the hardware for higher power limit is there but they need a better bios/driver.

What is surprising in this game is the huge performance penalty on the 3080 at 4k (if the numbers are right). We were used to see the 3080 performing much better at 4k against Radeon, than at 1440p. It's not happening here, the 3080 is caught even by the 6800 at 4k.

Soldato
HDR works fine in Hitman 2 and 3 on my OLED. Use exclusive full screen mode.

Why do you think it's broken?
In 2 it had issues with getting it to stick, but once done it was fine. In 3 it simply doesn't tone-map properly, it seems fine in dark areas but when you are out on the pipes before you get into the tower you can see the sun not being tone-mapped properly so you see the circle as if going below the nits value it should have, and that's irrespective of the HDR slider which doesn't seem to affect it either. It looks like it's in eclipse almost, and this is a daytime scene.

It looks like on the left, when it should be more like on the right.
AdJjF4F.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom