• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hitman 3 Performance Benchmarks

Soldato
You were a little wrong with Radeon performance. And i think it will be very close to the 3090 in 8k too, it has enough RAM to do 8K gaming. Linus tested some games with 8k and AMD did pretty well there, and there is still a problem with Radeon cards power limit, Nvidia was consuming like 440-450W on average while the Radeon was around 360W. On some Radeon cards the hardware for higher power limit is there but they need a better bios/driver.

What is surprising in this game is the huge performance penalty on the 3080 at 4k (if the numbers are right). We were used to see the 3080 performing much better at 4k against Radeon, than at 1440p. It's not happening here, the 3080 is caught even by the 6800 at 4k.

I wasn't wrong, the numbers I provided are the launch day benchmarks. AMD released a new driver the following day that improved performance in hitman 3 by 10-15%. Nvidia hasn't yet released its new driver, remains to be seen of it will offer any improvement

Caporegime
Not tried this yet but make sure you always turn off windows fullscreen optimisations for any games .exe, always introduces stuttering/fps drops for me regardless of using amd or nvidia

Good question. Does not look like it as it is not mentioned.

Guru3D probably won't use it until it can be used on Nvidia cards.

EDIT - I've asked Hilbert directly.
Thanks.

Soldato
Good question. Does not look like it as it is not mentioned.

Guru3D probably won't use it until it can be used on Nvidia cards.

EDIT - I've asked Hilbert directly.

Interesting that they had no qualms about showing DLSS benefits in Cyberpunk yet refuse to show the SAM benefit (if any) in Hitman 3. :confused:

Soldato
Interesting that they had no qualms about showing DLSS benefits in Cyberpunk yet refuse to show the SAM benefit (if any) in Hitman 3. :confused:
He did seem to be going in hard with the nVidia RT messaging. Practically saying don’t bother until RT is added. Why? It won’t make that much of a difference and the core gameplay will be the same.

Soldato
He did seem to be going in hard with the nVidia RT messaging. Practically saying don’t bother until RT is added. Why? It won’t make that much of a difference and the core gameplay will be the same.

Some sites have an obvious bias and it shows. I haven't bothered to read it but I bet they were gushing about Cyberpunk.

Associate
If correct Vega is sipping fine wine in 2020. In Hitman 2 Vega 64 only matched a 1080. Now it's about 20% faster with the 56 also soundly beating a 1080. Similar results with Cyberpunk, Godfall, Dirt 5, AC Valhala, Watch Dogs Legion

Caporegime
If correct Vega is sipping fine wine in 2020. In Hitman 2 Vega 64 only matched a 1080. Now it's about 20% faster with the 56 also soundly beating a 1080. Similar results with Cyberpunk, Godfall, Dirt 5, AC Valhala, Watch Dogs Legion
Yup, amd cards age like fine wine :cool: Throw in a good undervolt and mild overclock on the vegas and you're laughing then.

Sadly though, on the second hand market, people still pay more for nvidias 1070/1070ti/1080!

Soldato
They have aged well but I enjoyed my gtx1080 back in 2016 when it was on top and have no intention to reminisce over obsolete AMD/Nvidia cards!

If you do feel the urge to go out to bat for AMD, then the current crop of cards are far more impressive as they match Nvidia on day 1!

Last edited:
Associate
They have aged well but I enjoyed my gtx1080 back in 2016 when it was on top and have no intention to reminisce over obsolete AMD/Nvidia cards!

If you do feel the urge to go out to bat for AMD, then the current crop of cards are far more impressive as they match Nvidia on day 1!

The vegas definitely weren't a good buy until when the mining boom dropped and they being sold off

Associate
Such a graphical showcase... for last gen maybe.

Sorry but this game has nothing visually impressive going on. But ofc the you know who will praise it, cause the benchmarks favor you know what. Wish i could say i am surprised but... nope :D

Back
Top Bottom