• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Look what turned up on Saturday.
Had to use a bit of force to push into pcie slot, its a bit tight to say the least. Not helped by my x570 plastic cladding.
8t4KrW7.jpg

Soldato
Look what turned up on Saturday.
Had to use a bit of force to push into pcie slot, its a bit tight to say the least. Not helped by my x570 plastic cladding.
8t4KrW7.jpg
Yeah I was shocked that I had to turn my red devil card diagonally to fit it in side to my full tower Phanteks case. I was also concerned that it appeared that it was sitting on top of the bank of 6 sata ports my drives where plugged into at the far right hand side of the mobo. I initially didn't hear the mechanism click when pushing the card down so thought these were stopping it going fully into the Pcie slot. It turned out it was installed fine but not until after I thought I had damaged the bank of sata ports pushing the card down. At the same time as installing the GPU I had installed a second M.2 Nvme drive without realising that this disabled 2 of the 6 ports on my mobo when the second Nvme was installed! There's always a curve ball isn't there!

Associate
Yeah I was shocked that I had to turn my red devil card diagonally to fit it in side to my full tower Phanteks case. I was also concerned that it appeared that it was sitting on top of the bank of 6 sata ports my drives where plugged into at the far right hand side of the mobo. I initially didn't hear the mechanism click when pushing the card down so thought these were stopping it going fully into the Pcie slot. It turned out it was installed fine but not until after I thought I had damaged the bank of sata ports pushing the card down. At the same time as installing the GPU I had installed a second M.2 Nvme drive without realising that this disabled 2 of the 6 ports on my mobo when the second Nvme was installed! There's always a curve ball isn't there!
I had to remove my vega 64 which was in a water loop which took me a bit longer than I thought. At 32cm long and 6cm girth its a whooper :D

Associate
Probably, but would need more information.

1. What 6900 XT are you using? AIB or MBA?
  2. What temperature is hitting 80c, Edge or Junction?
  3. List every change you made, if any, under Radeon Software > GPU Tuning?
  4. What case are you using and what is your airflow configuration (intake vs exhaust)?
  5. What game/benchmark are you running?

1) The 6900 xt is reference model by gigabyte
2) I am using the MSI afterburner on screen display so unsure if its edge of junction (I will double check which one it is by running the game and viewing the HWIinfo app).
3) GPU tuning is on Automatic --> Default (I have SAM enabled through the BIOS)
4) My case is a CARBIDE 275R MID-TOWER with 4 intake fans ( 3 in the front and one on the top front side) and 2 exhaust fans (one at the back and one above the CPU cooler)
5) Playing Warzone (Call of duty) on High settings at 1440p.

Associate
Anyone seen the vid from Linus the other day on YT pitting the best 3090 Vs 6900xt against one another?

I know they were both underwater but has anyone tried those settings to any success on air?
Max Freq. 2600MHz
Voltage mV 1175
VRAM tuning enabled
Advanced control Enabled
Max Freq. 2150MHz

Going to have a play when my AMD rig comes this week.

Soldato
Anyone seen the vid from Linus the other day on YT pitting the best 3090 Vs 6900xt against one another?

I know they were both underwater but has anyone tried those settings to any success on air?
Max Freq. 2600MHz
Voltage mV 1175
VRAM tuning enabled
Advanced control Enabled
Max Freq. 2150MHz

Going to have a play when my AMD rig comes this week.
I have my settings at 2700 max, 1100 mV and VRAM at 2150Mhz when playing Cyberpunk at my native resolution of 3440x1440 or RDR2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider at UW 4K using VSR. This is completely stable for me. Max core clock hits around 2660 Mhz and VRAM sits at 2138 Mhz. Some have reported that having the VRAM set at 2150 may have a negative effect and recommend around 2110 for gaming although I haven't seen it personally. Lowering the voltage definitely provides better performance in the 3D Mark benchmarks though. This is with my air cooled Red Devil card.

Caporegime
1) The 6900 xt is reference model by gigabyte
2) I am using the MSI afterburner on screen display so unsure if its edge of junction (I will double check which one it is by running the game and viewing the HWIinfo app).
3) GPU tuning is on Automatic --> Default (I have SAM enabled through the BIOS)
4) My case is a CARBIDE 275R MID-TOWER with 4 intake fans ( 3 in the front and one on the top front side) and 2 exhaust fans (one at the back and one above the CPU cooler)
5) Playing Warzone (Call of duty) on High settings at 1440p.
Sounds normal then. :)

Associate
Hi , installed Power Colour reference 6900Xt and seemed to install ok.Only thing is that when i try to run Time spy it loads up the benchmark then shuts down the computer . runs older Heaven benchmark 4.0 ok.
any ideas ?

Caporegime
Hi , installed Power Colour reference 6900Xt and seemed to install ok.Only thing is that when i try to run Time spy it loads up the benchmark then shuts down the computer . runs older Heaven benchmark 4.0 ok.
any ideas ?
Sounds like your PSU might not be up to the task.

What are you using and how many cables?

Back
Top Bottom