Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
I picked beyond light up last weekend after a 15year hiatus from PC gaming :o Finding it fun but I am somewhat clueless in what I'm doing!

If anyone wants to party up (and carry a complete noob) then I'm thelankymatt on steam and thelankymatt#8487 on discord - again not really sure what I'm doing on those platforms either as I only just got back to playing on PC :D

Soldato
Added myself to the underclockers discord. Worked my way past the soft cap for my Warlock and nearly at it on my hunter. Think I understand the new armour system to an extent - it’s changed a lot since 2018 :o

Soldato
Is anyone experiencing low FPS and momentary pauses when panning the camera on a AMD 5700/5700XT based machine?

Ever since the latest patch the game has become basically unplayable on my wife's machine (3600x/5700). Tangled Shore spawn for example is running at <50FPS whereas my machine (3950x/2070Super) is over 100FPS at 1440p. It does look to be a game issue as when the framerate is low the GPU is also running at around 50% utilisation and clocks ~1100Mhz.

Reverting to Driver 20.4.2 as suggested on the Destiny Reddit (and in general on the Bungle forums) fixes the FPS issue but the game often black screens on launch.

I have got her up and running with my old trusty Titan for now but isn't really a fix for playing anything else.

Will be doing some more digging tomorrow when she isn't using the system but a right head scratcher!

Soldato
Is anyone experiencing low FPS and momentary pauses when panning the camera on a AMD 5700/5700XT based machine?

Ever since the latest patch the game has become basically unplayable on my wife's machine (3600x/5700). Tangled Shore spawn for example is running at <50FPS whereas my machine (3950x/2070Super) is over 100FPS at 1440p. It does look to be a game issue as when the framerate is low the GPU is also running at around 50% utilisation and clocks ~1100Mhz.

Reverting to Driver 20.4.2 as suggested on the Destiny Reddit (and in general on the Bungle forums) fixes the FPS issue but the game often black screens on launch.

I have got her up and running with my old trusty Titan for now but isn't really a fix for playing anything else.

Will be doing some more digging tomorrow when she isn't using the system but a right head scratcher!

I’ve not had any issues on a 3900xt and 5700xt at 1440p. Stable 80-100+FPS all day.

Soldato

Not specifically pauses / when panning, but definitely experiencing lower frame rates. It was really bad when BL first dropped, then it seemed to get better, and now it seems worse again... all totally subjective so I should probably put a bit more data behind it! But I usually get 80-100fps in open world areas at 3440x1440, but recently it's been ducking down into the 40-60 range, which is noticeably worse.

I'm running a 2700X and Vega 64 on 20.12.1 drivers.

Soldato
I’ve not had any issues on a 3900xt and 5700xt at 1440p. Stable 80-100+FPS all day.

Not specifically pauses / when panning, but definitely experiencing lower frame rates. It was really bad when BL first dropped, then it seemed to get better, and now it seems worse again... all totally subjective so I should probably put a bit more data behind it! But I usually get 80-100fps in open world areas at 3440x1440, but recently it's been ducking down into the 40-60 range, which is noticeably worse.

I'm running a 2700X and Vega 64 on 20.12.1 drivers.

Thanks both. :)

It's really odd as her system is performing as expected in other games it's just D2 causing the problem now.

Have some more time tomorrow (well later today, just seen the time!) so fingers crossed.

Had some more interesting *fun* tonight completing the Hawkmoon quest. One of the little Acolytes you have to kill to get the orb just up and left leaving one shielded Knight we couldn't kill. Found the little trick with Stasis and Lament block Attack which allowed us to damage the Knight and progress the mission. Reading online we are not the only ones to encounter this bug.

Associate
In Device Manager, under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, do you have AMD Sata Controllers enabled? I disabled them and use just the standard one and it fixed ALL stuttering / low FPS issues.
Something about you don't need those AMD ones on Windows 10

Soldato
Quick update. Found an interim solution of using 20.4.2 driver and triggering a volume change via a keyboard shortcut if a black screen is encountered (basically any time you alt tab it would seem).

Performance is now back up to 100+ in most scenarios on the 5700 along with no hitches or freezes (stutters) to speak of.

I did try the whole DDU in safe mode and multiple driver iterations and 20.4.2 is the only one that provided the "correct" performance level.

On a side note I was genuinely surprised by how the old Kepler based Titan handled the game at 1080p. Settings were basically all on high bar SSAO off and DoF on Low (this is set to low regardless of card used). Performance was in the 60-90 range which was perfectly serviceable all things considered.

Soldato
Theres performance issues across the board since BL dropped, afaik Bungie are looking into it with both Nvidia and AMD. Pre-BL I could use the highest settings and maintain 90-120fps @1440p, same settings now drags down to 50-90fps, I'm sure someone said its to do with the lighting and clearing the cache in NVCP can help a little. BL also broke SLI (and presumably CF?) which as we know Nvida have zero intention of fixing at driver level.

All in all this season has been an absolute bust. The seasonal activity got boring after a few hours, small saving grace with it arriving along side the BL content, but even that felt like a drawn out shadowkeep with snow. Next season is looking 1000x better, umbrals are returning (looks to have a black armory theme, ADA-1 return?), reprised DC and moon weapons, unique weapon perks tied to the shattered throne and PoH dungeons, rocket launchers FINALLY getting a 30% damage buff to make them viable in end game content and some sneak peaks from this weeks TWAB hints at a Cabal based season showing some Calus-esq chalices, though the minds over at r/raidsecrets think due to the faction colours its Caiatl. Should be an interesting season, or at least I hope.

Oh and 4x nightfall rewards this weekend for those looking for mats and exotics :)

Soldato
i knew I forgot to do something.

I posted in discord that we were going to do a merger and to reach out if people wanted to be included. Mainly due to very low activity and also a lot of people werent in discord etc. However I should have posted here sorry.

If you want info on the new clan, hit me up on discord :)

Soldato
i knew I forgot to do something.

I posted in discord that we were going to do a merger and to reach out if people wanted to be included. Mainly due to very low activity and also a lot of people werent in discord etc. However I should have posted here sorry.

If you want info on the new clan, hit me up on discord :)

Do you have the latest link for the Discord? The one in your sig returns an expired error for me.

Soldato
I'll join up Friday when I can get to my PC, current clan has gone stale! What activities do most of you guys run? I'll generally do anything PvE

Had a quick hour on the new season this morning, quite impressed with the battlegrounds activity, especially the fact one BG run takes longer then 5 wrathborn hunts did.

Oh dig out your two tailed foxes guys, apparently it's benefitted massively from the RL buff

Associate
Any one having problems with the latest update, I haveing a complete crashing of the game since the update, looking on the Destiny forum seems to be quite a few posts on it but no solutions, so far deleted and reinstalled the game, only had one crash last night.

Soldato
Any one having problems with the latest update, I haveing a complete crashing of the game since the update, looking on the Destiny forum seems to be quite a few posts on it but no solutions, so far deleted and reinstalled the game, only had one crash last night.
Me too,EVERY time entering outskirts on EDZ,no matter which entrance i take

Back
Top Bottom