Poll: Toast: Hot or cold?

Toast: Hot or cold?

• Hot

Votes: 162 86.6%
  • Cold

Votes: 25 13.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Hot so butter melts on it. Cold toast is inedible and an abomination against nature.

Going to add another one into the mix - warm Shreddies! (or am I a wrong one lol). (And I do have Warm Weetabix).

I don't think I've had warm milk on anything since I was about 5 years old. Definitely a wrong 'un (unless you happen to be 5 years old).

Soldato
Hot and buttery.

put enough butter on to the point you think "that's probably a bit too much" then put on that little bit extra.

salted butter as well, obviously. Kept out of the fridge preferably

Soldato
Hot so butter melts on it. Cold toast is inedible and an abomination against nature.

I watched a food programme and they did a piece on toast. They reckoned toast should be eaten warm. The thinking goes, if you butter your toast straight out of the toaster, the toast goes soggy as the steam hasn't had the chance to evaporate, hence the invention of the toast rack, so you let the toast stand for a bit while the steam evaporates, then you can butter your toast. That way your toast remains semi crisp and the butter has melted

Soldato
hot, like as soon as it's out of the toaster it's a race against the clock to get the butter down so it can melt.

good proper butter is definately the superior flavour but in winter you can't get that stuff to spread without mauling the bread which is somewhat counter productive.

This is correct.

I rapidly eat it as well, right after it's been buttered. I can eat it warm or cold but its so much better hot.

Back
Top Bottom