The Emirates FA Cup 4th Round Proper ** Spoilers ** [22nd - 26th Jan 2021]

Don
Meh. I wondered pre-game whether we were going to do something different and play a back 3/5 because I was worried about Williams but my god he struggled more than I could imagine. The only positive from today is his inability to win simple challenges and interceptions will put 1% more pressure on the club to sign a CB now.

Much like my post at HT, it was a weird game with some good bits of play from both sides but then a lot of very casual play in between. Could have scored 1 or 2 more but could have conceded the same too.

Fabinho's been excellent at CB but the one area of a CB's game he still needs to learn is challenges around the box. Forwards, particularly one as experienced as Cavani are going to buy fouls from you, simply for pressing too close to them and that's exactly what happened - all Cavani wanted to do was back into Fabinho and then drop to the ground and Fabinho gave him the option instead of just dropping a fraction. Can't be too critical of him though, he's learning a new position while playing alongside kids.
Williams needs a spell on loan, and possibly to do a lot of sprints. My god we need a centre back
He had one last season, in the conference. He's not very good.

fez

fez

Caporegime
facts can't belive people didn't think it was a foul

I think its more telling that Liverpool fans completely glossed over the Mane studs up challenge but moan about a soft freekick at the edge of thier box. Very much blind to their own teams luck etc but see it everywhere for other teams. Someone earlier in the thread was claiming that we wouldn't have scored either goal with even a slightly better CB than Williams completely ignoring that both of Liverpools goals could easily have been stopped with even some basic defending. Thats football, most goals that aren't absolute screamers are based on defensive mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom