Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I gather doze no longer exists?
That came about when the P2 was released. Basically put the phone into a deep sleep when it was detected to not be moving or used. My P2 would lose 1-2% through the night.

This phone appears to go through about 8-10%

Associate
So the lure of the s21 ultra was too strong for me to resist in the end so the end of my adventures with Google's phones is now in sight.

However, I seem to have improved the finger print sensor on it by using the same trick as on the 2xl - clean it with 99% iso alcohol. No more problems.

The auto brightness I gave up with, it's just too unreliable.

I also I kind of miss having a big screen more than I thought I would.

Overall I haven't really bonded with it, and the s21u just looks the dogs danglies so I've decided to treat myself.

Soldato
So the lure of the s21 ultra was too strong for me to resist in the end so the end of my adventures with Google's phones is now in sight.

However, I seem to have improved the finger print sensor on it by using the same trick as on the 2xl - clean it with 99% iso alcohol. No more problems.

The auto brightness I gave up with, it's just too unreliable.

I also I kind of miss having a big screen more than I thought I would.

Overall I haven't really bonded with it, and the s21u just looks the dogs danglies so I've decided to treat myself.

I'll have to give the iso trick a shock. My fingerprint sensor becomes a bit unreliable even with the slightest bit of moisture.

Hope the s21 works out for you. Enjoy the new phone!

Associate
I'll have to give the iso trick a shock. My fingerprint sensor becomes a bit unreliable even with the slightest bit of moisture.

Hope the s21 works out for you. Enjoy the new phone!

Genuinely seems to have helped mine. I haven't had an issue in a week since I've done it.

I'm excited but a little nervous, I'm sure I'll find something to moan about but hopefully not!

Soldato
Genuinely seems to have helped mine. I haven't had an issue in a week since I've done it.

I'm excited but a little nervous, I'm sure I'll find something to moan about but hopefully not!

Saying that, it hasn't been too bad the past week or two. I'll still give it a wipe down.
I believe you suggested the force 95hz thing, that appears to have sorted my stutter too.

Hope it turns out to what you were after. I'm sure it will be a great phone.

Associate
Saying that, it hasn't been too bad the past week or two. I'll still give it a wipe down.
I believe you suggested the force 95hz thing, that appears to have sorted my stutter too.

Hope it turns out to what you were after. I'm sure it will be a great phone.

Ah yes the force 90hz seemed to get rid of a lot of micro stutters. I think it was trying to downclock from time to time to save battery but it doesn't seem to be needed as the battery life is the same as before.

Well it's been 'fun' but I do suspect this will be my last Google branded phone. Unfortunately they never really lived up to what I hoped they would be and I've had far too many issues (well documented on here!). Let's hope for some better luck with this one although all phones seem to have issues these days.

Soldato
Ah yes the force 90hz seemed to get rid of a lot of micro stutters. I think it was trying to downclock from time to time to save battery but it doesn't seem to be needed as the battery life is the same as before.

Well it's been 'fun' but I do suspect this will be my last Google branded phone. Unfortunately they never really lived up to what I hoped they would be and I've had far too many issues (well documented on here!). Let's hope for some better luck with this one although all phones seem to have issues these days.

Yeah I've not noticed any issues wince forcing that.

That's true, hopefully the S21 just has less of them for you. Enjoy!

Associate
So, after enjoying my pixel 3 experience, my contract is up at the end of the month and the Pixel 5 on my shopping list.
Anyone go from the 3 to the 5? Should I be looking at something else?
Been with EE for ages, so sure I can get a decent deal. My pixel 3 contract was £32 as I am not a huge data user, and that came with a free Google home hub. Hoping something similar would be doable.
Nothing wrong with my phone at the moment, other than battery life not being great. It still surprises me just how good a photo it can take. But like most on here, I like a new toy every now and again.

Back
Top Bottom