The Emirates FA Cup 4th Round Proper ** Spoilers ** [22nd - 26th Jan 2021]

Soldato
I think its more telling that Liverpool fans completely glossed over the Mane studs up challenge but moan about a soft freekick at the edge of thier box. Very much blind to their own teams luck etc but see it everywhere for other teams. Someone earlier in the thread was claiming that we wouldn't have scored either goal with even a slightly better CB than Williams completely ignoring that both of Liverpools goals could easily have been stopped with even some basic defending. Thats football, most goals that aren't absolute screamers are based on defensive mistakes.

so true rose tinted glasses

Caporegime
I think its more telling that Liverpool fans completely glossed over the Mane studs up challenge but moan about a soft freekick at the edge of thier box. Very much blind to their own teams luck etc but see it everywhere for other teams. Someone earlier in the thread was claiming that we wouldn't have scored either goal with even a slightly better CB than Williams completely ignoring that both of Liverpools goals could easily have been stopped with even some basic defending. Thats football, most goals that aren't absolute screamers are based on defensive mistakes.

Weird post.
Plenty acknowledged it was a foul. Mane thing was not really game defining or relevant, foot bounced off the ground and ended up making contact with studs, doesn’t make it an automatic red.

Qualities you’re describing aren’t exclusive to Liverpool fans either, ‘blind’ to suggest otherwise.

(Also the failure from manu in gifting possession and not defending was also noted by several)

Don
I think its more telling that Liverpool fans completely glossed over the Mane studs up challenge but moan about a soft freekick at the edge of thier box. Very much blind to their own teams luck etc but see it everywhere for other teams......
These sorts of posts are so stupid. Is it telling that one particular Utd fan that always comments on supposed dives had nothing to say about either the VdB or Rashford dive in the first half? Are Utd fans blind to that too? The irony that you're replying to and agreeing with Stig is phenominal though. There has never been a more rose tinted supporter on these forums, to the point that he cannot even post freely anymore and has lost access to another section of the forum altogether.

fez

fez

Caporegime
These sorts of posts are so stupid. Is it telling that one particular Utd fan that always comments on supposed dives had nothing to say about either the VdB or Rashford dive in the first half? Are Utd fans blind to that too? The irony that you're replying to and agreeing with Stig is phenominal though. There has never been a more rose tinted supporter on these forums, to the point that he cannot even post freely anymore and has lost access to another section of the forum altogether.

Just because someone isn’t right often doesn’t mean they aren’t right occasionally. When we scored recently and the goal was disallowed for a foul from Shaw the Liverpool fans piled in like it was assault. Every Liverpool game thread when they lose is full of complaints about how unfair certain decisions were and I almost never see any mention of nasty challenges etc from your own players.

Pretty sure it was Fabinho last game who kicked a guy off the ball and got away with maybe a yellow and surprise surprise, no mention of it in the match thread from Liverpool fans. I agree that we are all biased to a certain degree and we all have our own views on what’s a red or a foul etc but Liverpool fans are very much the worst for bias.

Soldato
Oh please, the Mane yellow was the correct decision.

It was also obviously a foul by Fabinho. Ref had a decent game imo

Caporegime
Just because someone isn’t right often doesn’t mean they aren’t right occasionally. When we scored recently and the goal was disallowed for a foul from Shaw the Liverpool fans piled in like it was assault. Every Liverpool game thread when they lose is full of complaints about how unfair certain decisions were and I almost never see any mention of nasty challenges etc from your own players.

Pretty sure it was Fabinho last game who kicked a guy off the ball and got away with maybe a yellow and surprise surprise, no mention of it in the match thread from Liverpool fans. I agree that we are all biased to a certain degree and we all have our own views on what’s a red or a foul etc but Liverpool fans are very much the worst for bias.

Why would Liverpool fans mention stuff that is a yellow card they have no complaints about? Any kind of introspection going on here that perhaps you're misjudging the situation as no one else is stating these are worse than yellow offences?

Maybe try Mane's elbow vs Arsenal, Robertson's people's elbow vs Everton or Trent's horrible tackle in the same game. I can remember plenty of Liverpool fans mentioning those. Seems now you guys are in the mix of things near the top you're having emotions cloud your judgement a little.

Don
but Liverpool fans are very much the worst for bias.
No, that's just your own bias talking and you are quite possibly the biggest hypocrite going when it comes to this stuff. This isn't the first time you've made this ridiculous, hypocritical claim and it's quite clear that you're so 'blind' that you cannot see the irony staring you in the face. You were literally quoting the single most bias person known to man, the person that would claim Rashford taking out a pistol and shooting somebody wasn't a foul, the man that has openly admitted to me that he lied when claiming a decision that went against Utd was wrong. We also had Shami and Alex replying to him, commenting on a Fabinho incident from 2 years ago however not one of you made a comment on two dives from Utd players yesterday. Now I have no particular problem with them not, all supporters will have a natural bias and most will avoid raising these points but unlike them, you're a shameless hypocrite that has the cheek to criticise other fans that do the exact same as you.

Now coming back to the Cavani incident that you hypocritically claim "Liverpool fans" complained about it. Just skimming back through the thread, only 4 Liverpool fans commented on the challenge, 3 said it was a foul (1 saying it was a soft foul) and 1 said it was a dive. There was another member saying it was a dive but I have no idea who they support, even if he is a Liverpool supporter, more still said it was a foul. So your post about 'Liverpool fans' was not only hypocritical, it was simply untrue.

Your post was nothing more than petty trolling so lets make this clear so we don't have to go through this again - there will be no more stupid "x fans" posts from you. If you have an issue with what a particular fan says then direct it at them.

fez

fez

Caporegime
No, that's just your own bias talking and you are quite possibly the biggest hypocrite going when it comes to this stuff. This isn't the first time you've made this ridiculous, hypocritical claim and it's quite clear that you're so 'blind' that you cannot see the irony staring you in the face. You were literally quoting the single most bias person known to man, the person that would claim Rashford taking out a pistol and shooting somebody wasn't a foul, the man that has openly admitted to me that he lied when claiming a decision that went against Utd was wrong. We also had Shami and Alex replying to him, commenting on a Fabinho incident from 2 years ago however not one of you made a comment on two dives from Utd players yesterday. Now I have no particular problem with them not, all supporters will have a natural bias and most will avoid raising these points but unlike them, you're a shameless hypocrite that has the cheek to criticise other fans that do the exact same as you.

As I said in the last post, just because he is biased doesn't invalidate everything he says. If I was as biased as you seem to think then I wouldn't be saying that plenty of decisions we have had for penalties have been soft or that some of our players have been lucky to get away with challenges that could have been a red.

Now coming back to the Cavani incident that you hypocritically claim "Liverpool fans" complained about it. Just skimming back through the thread, only 4 Liverpool fans commented on the challenge, 3 said it was a foul (1 saying it was a soft foul) and 1 said it was a dive. There was another member saying it was a dive but I have no idea who they support, even if he is a Liverpool supporter, more still said it was a foul. So your post about 'Liverpool fans' was not only hypocritical, it was simply untrue.

We're not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the Shaw tackle in that game that got him a yellow and made the subsequent tackle on Cavani moot. How many comments from Liverpool fans on that tackle?

Soldato
As I said in the last post, just because he is biased doesn't invalidate everything he says. If I was as biased as you seem to think then I wouldn't be saying that plenty of decisions we have had for penalties have been soft or that some of our players have been lucky to get away with challenges that could have been a red.

We're not talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the Shaw tackle in that game that got him a yellow and made the subsequent tackle on Cavani moot. How many comments from Liverpool fans on that tackle?
Mane also showed his studs to bellerine and should have been sent off back when they played earlier this season.

Now his done it again?

Caporegime
Baz I had no idea you were so obsessed with what I posted. Your eagle eyes might have noticed I didn't comment on anything in the game yesterday. I don't tend to comment when games are on terrestrial TV, I watch them downstairs away from the PC. I'll be sure to keep you appraised of my plans though as you're so concerned. For the record, VdB's wasn't a penalty and I have no idea what Rashford dive you're talking about.

Soldato
Nice win for the Toffee's yesterday against the Wednesday. Solid performance, Rodriguez was outstanding.
Wonder whether there’ll be a change of style under the new owners, if investment allows they can buy a few more creative players. Not sure if that’s really Dyche style though.

Don

I didn't say everything Stig comes out with was wrong. I said it's hypocritical of you to make a generalised remark about Liverpool supporters being bias and only seeing decisions that go against them when speaking to the most bias person going and being in the middle of a conversation where at least 2 other Utd fans are commenting on diving but didn't have anything to say on Utd players diving.

As for the Shaw challenge, I have no idea how many Liverpool fans commented on it and don't really care - I doubt it was many though and it's literally no different to the situation I mention above. This is a forum with supporters from all clubs and everybody is entitled to give an opinion on incidents involving every club. You don't have to agree with them and if you don't then you're more than welcome to challenge them on their opinion but there will be no more silly generalisations.
Baz I had no idea you were so obsessed with what I posted. Your eagle eyes might have noticed I didn't comment on anything in the game yesterday. I don't tend to comment when games are on terrestrial TV, I watch them downstairs away from the PC. I'll be sure to keep you appraised of my plans though as you're so concerned. For the record, VdB's wasn't a penalty and I have no idea what Rashford dive you're talking about.

Thanks I'm not obsessed, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy in Fez's post. As I said, I don't really mind whether you comment on Utd players diving as you're not cheeky enough to then call other supporters hypocrits for doing the same.

And the Rashford dive was towards the end of the first half. He knocked the ball past Thiago who runs across him and Rashford threw himself to the ground under no contact whatsoever. And you nearly managed to say VdB dived there :p

Caporegime
Apparently being able to read is obsession :o

What is this Shaw tackle that got a yellow? I don’t even recall Shaw getting a yellow

edit: Surely not the Burnley game where the tackle was very similar to Mane's (except that he is coming down on a leg with his weight?) Wouldn't have any blind or hypocritical opinions on those two fouls

LEzeWEY.png
B7LiGWi.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom