• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800XT getting Live Kernal Event Code 141

Associate
My new build from a competitor has been fine for a month until the last couple of days when playing modern warfare. It crashes to the desktop and the problem log in windows shows the above error. After some searching, I have checked that all drivers on the GPU and other hardware are up to date.

One thing I didn't find anyone else experiencing was that the Radeon software after crashing to desktop shows the GPU stuck at 99% utilization. Temps on GPU is at that time 64 degrees Celsius.

Im puzzled as to what the problem could be. Any thoughts?

Soldato
Thanks for the link. I’ve done all except a reinstall. I completed stress tests on cpu, RAM and GPU too. All were fine. Played Valhalla and PUBG with no crashes. Warzone still crashes. Although not if I restart computer? Puzzled!

Have you monitored your GPU temperature/usage on Warzone. I've been reading that game can put a lot of stress on GPUs maybe because of lack of optimization and in the same article this user slightly undervolted their card which sorted it out.

Another thought . Maybe the PSU not able to provide enough power??? How do you feel about slightly undervolting the card?

Live Kernel Error 141 and D3DDRED2 Crashs in Warzone:Link

Live Kernel Error 141 and D3DDRED2 Crashs in Warzone (Gigabyte 5700XT) : AMDHelp (reddit.com)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Have you monitored your GPU temperature/usage on Warzone. I've been reading that game can put a lot of stress on GPUs maybe because of lack of optimization and in the same article this user slightly undervolted their card which sorted it out.

Another thought . Maybe the PSU not able to provide enough power??? How do you feel about slightly undervolting the card?

Live Kernel Error 141 and D3DDRED2 Crashs in Warzone:Link

Live Kernel Error 141 and D3DDRED2 Crashs in Warzone (Gigabyte 5700XT) : AMDHelp (reddit.com)
Thanks I will have a look at that. Never tried undervolting.
The PSU is a Corsair 850x so should run the rig fine.
On iPad at present so can’t check GPU driver number but it’s the latest one as I checked on Friday

Soldato
Thanks I will have a look at that. Never tried undervolting.
The PSU is a Corsair 850x so should run the rig fine.
On iPad at present so can’t check GPU driver number but it’s the latest one as I checked on Friday
Are you using separate power cables for each power connector on the GPU? Does the GPU crash in any other games or just Modern Warfare, did it run Modern Warfare in the past without problems? If just Modern Warfare then you could try installing an older graphics driver and seeing if that fixes it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Are you using separate power cables for each power connector on the GPU? Does the GPU crash in any other games or just Modern Warfare, did it run Modern Warfare in the past without problems? If just Modern Warfare then you could try installing an older graphics driver and seeing if that fixes it.
Yes, separate power cables. So far since I undervolted, the GPU I've not had any crashes in Warzone. Watch this space
Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom