New Build

Soldato
Hi guys. I've been waiting to build a PC for a while now and with AMD cpu's out it seems a good time.

Some parts I already have or will be fine for now from my current PC and GPUS don't exist right now! But my aim would be to have an RGB machine sorry
biggrin.gif
, so I'm getting what I can to work with Razer Synapse, just wondering if anyone has suggestions to switch some of the parts?

Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X
MOBO: ASRock X570 Taichi Razer Edition, AMD X570
RAM:Thermaltake TOUGHRAM RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 4000Mhz x2
PSU: 850W ThermalTake Toughpower GF2, Fully Modular (for 3080 in future)
Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73, 360mm All-In-One Hydro CPU Cooler with 2.36" LCD Display
Fans:Lian-Li UNI SL120 Addressable RGB Black 120mm Fan Triple
RGB Stuff:Lian-Li Strimer Plus Addressable RGB 24 and 8 pin

Soldato
OP
Would either grab x570 Master , for the better RMA

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-57t-gi.html

Either boards are killer though .

Is also b550 master that offers triple PCIe 4.0 m.2 for £230 odd so good £110 saving. Believe the WiFi is also a higher standard then x570 boards.

I'm trying to recall is MSI worked with Razer , X570 Toma would again save a lot of cash

Thanks that's a good shout! I think I will go for an MSI 3080 should they ever exist again :D so the Tomahawk would fit, I was also thinking of switching the ram to corssair vegance. Reviews don't look very fond of the toughram?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks that's a good shout! I think I will go for an MSI 3080 should they ever exist again :D so the Tomahawk would fit, I was also thinking of switching the ram to corssair vegance. Reviews don't look very fond of the toughram?

seems it should connect .

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £401.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

toma is the better choice . as for 3080... any thats in stock! most likely FE version

Soldato
Hi guys. I've been waiting to build a PC for a while now and with AMD cpu's out it seems a good time.

Some parts I already have or will be fine for now from my current PC and GPUS don't exist right now! But my aim would be to have an RGB machine sorry
biggrin.gif
, so I'm getting what I can to work with Razer Synapse, just wondering if anyone has suggestions to switch some of the parts?

Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800X
MOBO: ASRock X570 Taichi Razer Edition, AMD X570
RAM:Thermaltake TOUGHRAM RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 4000Mhz x2
PSU: 850W ThermalTake Toughpower GF2, Fully Modular (for 3080 in future)
Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73, 360mm All-In-One Hydro CPU Cooler with 2.36" LCD Display
Fans:Lian-Li UNI SL120 Addressable RGB Black 120mm Fan Triple
RGB Stuff:Lian-Li Strimer Plus Addressable RGB 24 and 8 pin
OCUK has Gpus but they're hidden in the 3D printer section to stop bot alerts, don't think there is any 3080s though and prices are quite high.

Soldato
I'm not sure the 360mm AIO would give you much benefit over a 240mm, even if you were to overclock. Unless it's for asthetics or some other reason.

Soldato
OP
I don't think I will get a a nwe gpu straight away , I can wait until things settle more

I'm not sure the 360mm AIO would give you much benefit over a 240mm, even if you were to overclock. Unless it's for asthetics or some other reason.

Mostly for the lcd screen to see temps and looking cool :D

Soldato
I don't think I will get a a nwe gpu straight away , I can wait until things settle more

Mostly for the lcd screen to see temps and looking cool :D

seems supply will be in short until least Q3. here comes Chinese new year were everything grinds to a halt for 2 weeks. no AIB factories will be producing

Soldato
OP
Currently I have a 1080 , and seems to be okay with most games for now but yeah I don't expect to see gpus selling like normal for a while!

Back
Top Bottom