2020/21 Sack Race

Caporegime
I'd love to know what owners expect when they employ a rookie manager with just over a year of experience, I mean he hardly built a dynasty at Derby look at them now they've had to appoint Rooney as manager just to get him off the pitch.

Don
I didn't think it was going to happen this quickly but it was coming sooner or later though.
Don't understand this at all. Cannot see how Tuchel is any good. He is a Klopp cover band basically.
That nightmare of losing to Lampard in the Cup semi or a League game that costs you the title is now gone! Sleep well my friend ;)

Don
Nice I can go back to hating absolutely everything about Chelsea again
The Lampard making Chelsea less hateable thing wore off pretty quickly with me. Watching him be given the easiest ride of all time in the press, while constantly telling the world that Chelsea's troubles were not his fault kind of grated.

Soldato
Say whaat? He's been doing ok imo. They'll regret that I reckon. The issue is Werner not Lampard. Still they never were a club to give managers a long run.

Soldato
Can we have lamps at Newcastle please. Still can't believe Bruce is hanging on. Mind you the only one of the classic managers of that ilk we are missing is Alan curbishley to complete the set of big Sam, Alan pardew, Steve Bruce, Alan curbs....

Caporegime
Can we have lamps at Newcastle please. Still can't believe Bruce is hanging on. Mind you the only one of the classic managers of that ilk we are missing is Alan curbishley to complete the set of big Sam, Alan pardew, Steve Bruce, Alan curbs....
Still not sure why the fans didn’t like Pardew, he had them playing well and in a good league position but the fans hated him with a passion.

Soldato
I feel sympathy for Lampard. The club owners have to accept responsibility for this. They knew that FL had no managerial experience and yet chose to take the risk and backed him in the transfer window but then haven't stuck with him. I honestly think they could have given him until the end of the season. They aren't likely to get CL now or relegated so I don't see why you wouldn't give him the chance to find his best team and a more consistent style of play. The problem you have is that the pressure builds so quickly on managers that they often react by abandoning their plan and and vision in favour of short term results. It was the same for Ole when United had a few bad results and it's almost more luck that he had the chance to manage through it. !8 months was never going to be enough to turn Chelsea into title winners with Lampard as the coach. If the board wasn't aware of that then that's a comment on their grasp of elite football.

Soldato
I’m surprised they are sacking Frank, he’s only had one full transfer window, where he bought young players with no premiership experience.

Sky Sports have just announced its official he gone.

Soldato
Still not sure why the fans didn’t like Pardew, he had them playing well and in a good league position but the fans hated him with a passion.
He can rub people up a bit. Things like this don't help:
giphy.gif

Soldato
I feel sympathy for Lampard. The club owners have to accept responsibility for this. They knew that FL had no managerial experience and yet chose to take the risk and backed him in the transfer window but then haven't stuck with him. I honestly think they could have given him until the end of the season. They aren't likely to get CL now or relegated so I don't see why you wouldn't give him the chance to find his best team and a more consistent style of play. The problem you have is that the pressure builds so quickly on managers that they often react by abandoning their plan and and vision in favour of short term results. It was the same for Ole when United had a few bad results and it's almost more luck that he had the chance to manage through it. !8 months was never going to be enough to turn Chelsea into title winners with Lampard as the coach. If the board wasn't aware of that then that's a comment on their grasp of elite football.

particularly in a season like this one. He's doing ok and I reckon given time he'll mould that team into something special, but for whatever reason they don't seem to look at the long game. Remember they took him because transfer ban meant no-one else would touch them!

Back
Top Bottom