Xbox wireless adapter

Associate
Hi I trying to get a new wireless adapter as i lost my old one, but i can't find any where that has stock at the moment.
Do i need to buy the official one or can i just buy a normal adapter?

Associate
I just bought one off the Microsoft store today for £20 so defo in stock.

edit are we talking about wireless adapter for internet connection on older Xbox’s or the adapter for pc to be able to use Xbox controllers on it ?

Associate
Same boat as me.
I have a Wireless bluetooth Xbox ONE S controller and it works fine with a £5 bluetooth dongle.

You must establish first whether your controller is actually bluetooth..
xbox-bluetooth-comparison-100802518-large.jpg

However. If you want to have more than one connected at the same time, you must buy an official xbox adapter.

Soldato
Same boat as me.
I have a Wireless bluetooth Xbox ONE S controller and it works fine with a £5 bluetooth dongle.

You must establish first whether your controller is actually bluetooth..

However. If you want to have more than one connected at the same time, you must buy an official xbox adapter.

Just be careful though as its really hard to tell even your pictures are not a 100% guide

My son has the same looking controller and its 2.4ghz wireless.
The 2.4ghz wireless one with coloured buttons is model 1697.
The bluetooth wireless one with coloured buttons is model 1708.
My red Xbox controller is 2.4ghz wireless no coloured buttons model 1708.

Says this in battery compartment so its not quite straighforward.

Also really annoyed as the new style XBox 2.4ghz wireless adapter (£19.99) is out of stock everywhere including MS (you can order but its put on pending). ETA I was told was end of Feb.
I didnt fancy a 3rd party one so I went on a very well known brown box site and bought one off their sold by company B fullfiled by company A and its a bloody fake.
So I reckon the ones you can find on another well known auction site might be the same. Looks like there are a lot of fake ones doing the rounds as the reviews say the same thing!

3Jg6p6P.jpg

xkeboR0.jpg

Below is fake one stuck in the USB port and below that is what a fake box looks like.
So I've ordered one of the 3rd party 2.4ghz Wireless USB adapters gets good reviews so will wait and see if that works.

uFwor7y.jpg

rihX9M1.jpg

LwhJaJU.jpg

QLwT2Nn.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Also the BT can be flakey. Mine really wasn't that bad, but super annoying when it happens at the wrong time :p So I just bought the adaptor anyway and it's been perfect since.

Mine seems fine on BT, (IIRC the PC has to have at least BT 4.0 or 4.1, can't remember) some games don't like it if you try to connect the pad when the game is launching, or mid game, but not all.

Make sure the pad's turned on and connected before you start the game, and also they act really funky when the batteries are flat/very low, but I guess thats par for the course.

Back
Top Bottom