*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I rarely went at a reasonably slow speed, though. Given the wildly unrealistic vehicle handling in the game, I didn't see a need. You can do 100, 120, 150, brake to 30 in a few metres, slew round the 90 degree corner and be back at 100 in another few metres. Given the extremely short range of the minimap, that's the fastest way to travel. Bounce off vehicles if you like - as long as you don't hit one head on you're fine, no harm done. Whatever is used to paint vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077, I want some :)
Yeah, I've got the hang of a quick tap of the brake to skid round a corner, but it's more the crap zoomed in minimap that stops me riding too fast.

After the patch I've still got quests I can't complete, flashing V stood on the motorbike with arms out, stuff floating about & loads of other ****.
Was this game play tested at all?
I'm gonna rush through the ending then uninstall, I've had enough of it really. RDR2 next up.

Man of Honour
Yeah, I've got the hang of a quick tap of the brake to skid round a corner, but it's more the crap zoomed in minimap that stops me riding too fast.

After the patch I've still got quests I can't complete, flashing V stood on the motorbike with arms out, stuff floating about & loads of other ****.
Was this game play tested at all?
I'm gonna rush through the ending then uninstall, I've had enough of it really. RDR2 next up.

I didn't do an ending because I looked at what endings were allowed and decided I didn't want any of them. I'm currently playing Mutant Year Zero: Eden, which is primarily a squad-based tactical combat game. A hard one, even on normal difficulty. You have to scout the area and devise a sound plan or you have no chance. Lots of watching enemy movements, consideration of cover and elevation, trying to isolate enemies and kill them before they can alert others...that sort of thing. I usually fail a battle several times before winning it. It's a big change from Cyberpunk 2077, where my character became so overpowered they didn't have to care about tactics any more.

I'm waiting for Trudograd to be finished. It's at v0.72 at the moment. Playable, but I want to wait until it's finished.

Maybe I'll start the Witcher series. I own all of them, but I haven't played any of them.

Soldato
I have started using a better driving mod and it is much better. Also I'm using a controller and honestly aiming is awful so I followed a guide on some changes to make and its like a different game. Plays so much better.

I had a really good session this evening but tbh it kind of makes me more disappointed in a way of that makes sense as all it does is highlights how great the game could have been with more work.

Caporegime
I have started using a better driving mod and it is much better. Also I'm using a controller and honestly aiming is awful so I followed a guide on some changes to make and its like a different game. Plays so much better.

I had a really good session this evening but tbh it kind of makes me more disappointed in a way of that makes sense as all it does is highlights how great the game could have been with more work.
Got a link to those mods please?

Man of Honour

I played on mouse and keyboard and turned the ingame aimbot off. It's on at max by default, even if you're using a mouse. I understand that people using a controller need an aimbot to offset the limitations of a controller, but the game should at least make the choice clearer. At least it gives players a choice - many games don't. Aimbots all the way because of controllers.

About 2/3rds of the way through I switched to smart weapons, which are an ingame super-aimbot which turns every bullet into a guided missile with impossible agility. Just fire vaguely in the direction of the marked target - the bullets will go round corners if necessary. Yinglong SMG, legendary with an epic crush mod in every slot. No need to care about recoil with a smart gun, even if it's an SMG firing 500 rpm. From then on, the only possible issue was running out of bullets during a fight, but I had a smart full auto pistol in case that happened (which it never did - I never used more than 400 bullets in one fight and just crafted more after a fight).

Man of Honour
This was brilliant, thank you for taking the time to type all that out. Its really helped a lot

No problem. I'm a fairly quick typist, so it didn't take me all that long. I was trying to think along the lines of "things I would have liked to have known before playing the game rather than finding out partway through by trial and error and searching online" :)

Which reminds me of something else that caught me out. If you're wearing an outfit you're not allowed to change any of your clothing. Of course, the game doesn't tell you that. That...wonderful...UI again. It just says "action blocked", if you're lucky. Nothing at all if you're not lucky. I assumed it was yet another occurence of the "action blocked" bug, which is common. So I triggered a cutscene (the easiest way to do that is to hire a prostitute), then saved and reloaded, then saved, exited the game to desktop, reloaded the game and reloaded the last save. The usual things to try to fix that bug (and many others in Cyberpunk 2077). Then I searched online and found a thread about it on Reddit. Then I wondered why I was even expecting any consistency in the UI or game mechanics or any meaningful error messages. By that stage, I should have learned better. With all other clothing slots, you can swap any item of clothing without removing any other item of clothing. It's obvious that if you wanted to swap, for example, a T-shirt you'd take your jacket off, change the T-shirt and put your jacket back on. No need to make the player do that manually. But any outfit has to be removed and replaced manually to change any other clothing. You can't even change your shoes while wearing a suit, for example.

Man of Honour
I've uninstalled the game now and its pretty unlikely that I will reinstall it in the future. Never did make it to the end of the game, I had such high hopes for Cyberpunk but one thing and another really disappointed, I was going to hold out for patches and things but not anymore, instead I've uninstalled it and I will just pretend that for some reason Cyberpunk never got released and will forget it existed. It really could have been one of the best games of all time, but in the end it was, for me, one of the worst disappointments, lacking in so much and on the back of outright lies by the devs/cdpr that I'm better off erasing it from my mind.

Soldato
I didn't do an ending because I looked at what endings were allowed and decided I didn't want any of them. I'm currently playing Mutant Year Zero: Eden, which is primarily a squad-based tactical combat game. A hard one, even on normal difficulty. You have to scout the area and devise a sound plan or you have no chance. Lots of watching enemy movements, consideration of cover and elevation, trying to isolate enemies and kill them before they can alert others...that sort of thing...

Might have a look at that, sounds interesting thanks. I saw it advertised, but never took any notice, but I'll have a read up now.
And, as for Cyberpunk... It's completely unbalanced once you've messed around with crafting. I'd go so far as to say it's broken, as even on hard difficulty, stealth had been made redundant as you can just blow through enemies without any worries at all. Anyone can be easily one shotted without doing anything out of the ordinary on the crafting screen.

Caporegime
I usually play games as super stealthy wherever possible, but it just felt like I was making life really hard for myself when I could shoot through enemies in less than a minute, yet stealth would take 10+ minutes.

And when you've maxed out your stealth level until you level up, it's even more of a waste of time.

Man of Honour
I usually play games as super stealthy wherever possible, but it just felt like I was making life really hard for myself when I could shoot through enemies in less than a minute, yet stealth would take 10+ minutes.

And when you've maxed out your stealth level until you level up, it's even more of a waste of time.

On a slightly related note - if anyone is looking for a way to increase their stealth level (if it's still below their cool stat), picking up bodies and dumping them in bins is quite useful for levelling stealth.

I used stealth when it was requested by a fixer or NPC for a mission. But it is much easier to just steam in and shoot everyone, at least after a little while into the game. Less than a little while if you cheese the wildly unbalanced crafting system. With a million eddies and tens of thousands of crafting parts (attainable from the start by cheesing the crafting system) you can be OP from a very low level.

Associate
I spent 15-20mins stealthing a side mission yesterday, rescuing someone from a military compound. Stealthing and quickhacking my way around, non-lethal takedowns and dumping people in bins etc. Did the whole thing without any casualties, then when I finished and the fixer called me she just berated me for spilling so much blood! I'll just go running in with my shotgun next time.

Soldato
I try and play completely stealthy. I have, managed to complete most missions this way. Stealth isn't bad in this game imo. You have to fight the game to do it, but it is pretty good

Soldato
Did the whole thing without any casualties, then when I finished and the fixer called me she just berated me for spilling so much blood! I'll just go running in with my shotgun next time.

Had the same things during the "rescue a monk" side mission - used non-lethals everywhere, checked every downed enemy was still alive (cross -hairs turn red when aiming at them) yet still got berated by the Monk for spilling blood :confused:

Associate
Had the same things during the "rescue a monk" side mission - used non-lethals everywhere, checked every downed enemy was still alive (cross -hairs turn red when aiming at them) yet still got berated by the Monk for spilling blood :confused:
I realise it doesn't help you, but the game can accept a bloodless ending to that mission as I was praised for not hurting anyone by the monk. Not sure why it didn't count for you though.

Associate

I didn't even use any guns! Reboot optics and non-lethal stealth takedowns into dumpsters, then I get "was there a need to spill so much blood", bitch everyone is fine!

Back
Top Bottom