Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Finally stuck with this after giving it a try at launch and never finishing the 'story' nearly at the end of act 4 and enjoying my playthrough granted I'm not speed running it like all the streamers are and taking my time doing all the quests. Running a RF build now I can finally sustain the HP regen required.

Soldato
That's the one. Trying to get all legendary gear atm, what's my best chance?
There's no legendary gear. We have uniques, but they function differently than what you might find in Diablo 3. It's very, very easy to gear up this league, for whatever you want to play. There's, as always, plenty of minimal upgrades to do for 'best of the best' diminishing returns items, but it's nothing to lose sleep over. You can do all the content in very cheap garb if you know what to do.

Soldato
Ive like 1800 hours in POE and im not ashamed to say i still struggle to recognise what an upgrade is or isnt in this game.

Im running a Poison Blade Vortex Assassin following a guide from the POE forums http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125 but any upgrades i need from that guide are now going to cost multiple exalts which i dont have. Ive probably got tons of potential upgrades in my stash but i always struggle to see an upgrade when it drops.

At the minute im in mid teir maps, die the odd time but generally im clearing maps fine at this level but i know my single target wont manage against the higher conquerors.

Ive tried using path of building to import my char and believe you can copy an item from your inventory into POB but will this show a potential upgrade, for a weapon for example?

Also ive never got used to the crafting, feels like i need some sort of degree just to understand that. So many hours in this game and so much to learn :D

Associate
Been sat at level 94 for a couple of days now and just got abolutely ruined by Awakening 8 Sirus who by rights I should have killed except his meteor decided to kill me outside of where the hitbox should have been so I think I'm gonna take a break for a few days because this has left me tilted as hell

Ive tried using path of building to import my char and believe you can copy an item from your inventory into POB but will this show a potential upgrade, for a weapon for example?
I can't remember if this is a normal feature or a quirk of the autohotkey trade macro but ctrl+c while mousing over an item copies the info into a format you can plug into PoB

Soldato
Yeah you can copy and paste items either from the game or the trade site into the item editor in PoB. Trade site has little icons on the bottom left of each entry to click.

I’ve been building up my Trickster Soulrend/Essence Drain Spellslinger with contagion and despair on trigger wand :cool: 86 so far and done a few Maven fights.
Ritual I liked initially but getting a bit bored of the mechanic and item values and deferring are completely out of whack.

Soldato
the new league mechanics are so nice, had a tabula + a lot of useful uniques drop so far. New necro char is up to lvl 73 and has the key items for this build already which is pretty crazy for SSF.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2785261

All the following necro specific items have dropped so far. Made it pretty OP with levelling, bosses just melt.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Queen's_Decree
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wraithlord
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bones_of_Ullr
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Maligaro's_Lens
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Earendel's_Embrace x 2

Permabanned
Ive like 1800 hours in POE and im not ashamed to say i still struggle to recognise what an upgrade is or isnt in this game.

Im running a Poison Blade Vortex Assassin following a guide from the POE forums http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125 but any upgrades i need from that guide are now going to cost multiple exalts which i dont have. Ive probably got tons of potential upgrades in my stash but i always struggle to see an upgrade when it drops.

At the minute im in mid teir maps, die the odd time but generally im clearing maps fine at this level but i know my single target wont manage against the higher conquerors.

Also ive never got used to the crafting, feels like i need some sort of degree just to understand that. So many hours in this game and so much to learn :D

Hover over the item in game, ctrl c, under items in POB click create custom and paste in the text. Item will then show exactly what will change if you equipped it.

I absolutely hate the crafting and its god awful RNG, tend to not bother and just save up to buy what I want.

Associate
Slowly getting there, currently level 88 with my Bane/Blight Pathfinder and doing mid tier maps. Some of my gear is pretty expensive, certainly not doing this again as a league start, I had to wait for the prices of the Indigon helmet to come down, as soon as I got that it was a massive boost for damage and survivability. I'm now going through the maps pretty effortlessly and feel like high tier maps shouldn't really be an issue.

I'm having a pretty poor league for drops and have yet to see much of any value in the ritual sites, I think the highest value item I've had was a div card that went for 17 Chaos, and the best currency reward I've seen is 2 Chaos orbs. I've had to fall back on the vendor recipe to get some funds going but it turns into tedious work pretty quickly. Hopefully they will get better as I go into the higher tiers.

I've done a couple of the maven encounters and have points in all the regions, I think my favourite so far is the Harbinger nodes on Valdo's Rest I think it is? Good god the pack density you see when you come across them is insane, FPS drops to a crawl and there's an absolute loot explosion of currency shards, seems like they may be a method to farm ancient orbs.

In terms of upgrades/gear to get I need:
  • Omeyocan boots - Should be easy to get, around 50-60 Chaos
  • Crafted bow with added levels to socketed gems + Support gems & DOT Multiplier - No idea how to make one myself and probably don't have the tools to do so yet, looks like they are several exalts to buy on trade at a minimum.
  • Empower level 4 - Couple of exalts (coupled with a good bow as above then it could be a 2-3x damage increase)
  • Cluster jewels for increased potion effect & Chaos damage - These seem all over the place, ranging from a couple of Chaos to several exalts for the better ones, only need about 10 of them lol
  • Timeless Jewel - ~50 Chaos

So yeah, I have a little bit of grinding/farming to do :D

Associate
Slowly getting there, currently level 88 with my Bane/Blight Pathfinder and doing mid tier maps. Some of my gear is pretty expensive, certainly not doing this again as a league start, I had to wait for the prices of the Indigon helmet to come down, as soon as I got that it was a massive boost for damage and survivability. I'm now going through the maps pretty effortlessly and feel like high tier maps shouldn't really be an issue.

I'm having a pretty poor league for drops and have yet to see much of any value in the ritual sites, I think the highest value item I've had was a div card that went for 17 Chaos, and the best currency reward I've seen is 2 Chaos orbs. I've had to fall back on the vendor recipe to get some funds going but it turns into tedious work pretty quickly. Hopefully they will get better as I go into the higher tiers.

I've done a couple of the maven encounters and have points in all the regions, I think my favourite so far is the Harbinger nodes on Valdo's Rest I think it is? Good god the pack density you see when you come across them is insane, FPS drops to a crawl and there's an absolute loot explosion of currency shards, seems like they may be a method to farm ancient orbs.

In terms of upgrades/gear to get I need:
  • Omeyocan boots - Should be easy to get, around 50-60 Chaos
  • Crafted bow with added levels to socketed gems + Support gems & DOT Multiplier - No idea how to make one myself and probably don't have the tools to do so yet, looks like they are several exalts to buy on trade at a minimum.
  • Empower level 4 - Couple of exalts (coupled with a good bow as above then it could be a 2-3x damage increase)
  • Cluster jewels for increased potion effect & Chaos damage - These seem all over the place, ranging from a couple of Chaos to several exalts for the better ones, only need about 10 of them lol
  • Timeless Jewel - ~50 Chaos

So yeah, I have a little bit of grinding/farming to do :D
The harbinger node was unfortunately stealth nerfed. First few days it was spitting out mirror and exalt shards instead of chaos and ancient

I WISH I only needed a few ex for upgrades. I've been sat staring at an almost perfect amulet on the trade site for three days while trying to save the 15ex I need for it

Associate
The real nutty "exploit" this league is you buy an "imprint magic item" beastcraft, roll a "first 3 tormented monsters drop winged scarabs" sextant mod on a craftable watchstone for the region with the "map contains 20 tormented monsters" passive, imprint the stone then go get your scarabs. Then just reset the stone with the imprint to get back the sextant mod, sell your scarabs then buy another beastcraft
Seems like this is common knowledge now though and scarab prices are tanking

Associate
I just peed my pants a little

Awesome, what was it? A drop, chance/ancient or a ritual reward? I guess you no longer need to worry about money too much with the speed farming you'll be doing or the profit from a sale :D

The harbinger node was unfortunately stealth nerfed. First few days it was spitting out mirror and exalt shards instead of chaos and ancient
The real nutty "exploit" this league is you buy an "imprint magic item" beastcraft, roll a "first 3 tormented monsters drop winged scarabs" sextant mod on a craftable watchstone for the region with the "map contains 20 tormented monsters" passive, imprint the stone then go get your scarabs. Then just reset the stone with the imprint to get back the sextant mod, sell your scarabs then buy another beastcraft
Seems like this is common knowledge now though and scarab prices are tanking

See this is where I wish I was much better at the game and could spend more time at it, I've never been able to jump on these get rich quick exploits until they're either already fixed or used up lol

Associate
Awesome, what was it? A drop, chance/ancient or a ritual reward? I guess you no longer need to worry about money too much with the speed farming you'll be doing or the profit from a sale :D
I had 2 copies of The Wretched card which is just a Unique belt reward. Ran it through the harvest double or nothing craft until I had a stack of 6, turned it in and got the HH.
Already sold it for 78 exalts and spent almost all of it on new gear. Now I don't even need to Blade Blast on maps, Bladefall is killing everything on its own in T16s :p

Associate
Spent 20ex on a shield this morning and chucked it in my stash before rushing out to work. Now to spend the next 9ish hours worrying about it because I was in such a rush to buy it I forgot that besides the implicit on the sapping shield base being literally useless to me given I have Avatar of Fire (I would feel a lot happier with this on a scorching base, but then it would not have been so "cheap") it also only has a 20% base block chance meaning I may need to pick up another source of block chance. Shouldn't be the end of the world though. An alternate quality Tempest Shield and a little block on a jewel should make up for what I'm losing from my current shield.
Besides that it's solid. 90es that I kinda wish was life instead but it's still useful, +1 level to all physical spells, 5% ES recovered on block, 5% life recovered on block, 12% chance to block spell damage (I can replace my spell block cluster jewel with a phys damage one conferring a chance for double damage among other things) and 74% fire damage
Down to my last 5 exalts now so I'll probably have to stop looking at tailwind/elusive on crit boots

Not gotten past level 94 still. Every time I map a bunch and push myself up to maybe 50% I end up doing something like Sirus or Maven and losing a chunk of it. Maven in particular is an awful fight. The memory game is simple but the first few times doing it you're left wondering WHAT you're memorising. Do I want to stand in the areas she lit up or do I want to avoid them? The arena wide insta kill honestly shouldn't have killed me twice before I realised you can walk out of the arena when it happens. Also, as with Sirus, it's a lot of visual clutter with colours blurring together on backgrounds where they're not particularly visible. In the final phase I spent half the time trying to find where she actually was

Last edited:
Associate
Okay never mind I'm stupid and now I LOVE the shield. Sapped usually scales with lightning damage dealt, of which I do none, but this shield just applies it regardless
It's a free "less damage" multiplier to slap on monsters

Associate
Okay never mind I'm stupid and now I LOVE the shield. Sapped usually scales with lightning damage dealt, of which I do none, but this shield just applies it regardless
It's a free "less damage" multiplier to slap on monsters

im doing zizaran's blade blast build and im around T3-T4 maps so looking to switch to the shield part of the build.. any tips on where to farm that gear or is it all random??

Associate
Killed Awakening 9 Sirus last night for my first ever Awakener's orb
Went and bought ilvl 85 Two-Toned boots in Redeemer and Hunter influences, essence spammed redeemer ones until I hit #% chance to gain elusive on critical strike and then was about to start spamming the hunter ones for you have Tailwind if you have dealt a critical strike recently but despite it being the rarest mod they can roll I hit it in ONE TRANSMUTE
Slapped them with the Awakener orb and now I have boots with elusive and tailwind on crit. They also rolled flat mana (ewwwww) and t4 fire resist. Both of these are useless to me so I'm going to start farming Harvest for augments to try and get some good rolls on it and make my dream boots.
I would have gone all out and Maven crafted the separate influenced boots to get the elevated versions of the mods but I really don't feel it's worth the expense with my current remaining currency

im doing zizaran's blade blast build and im around T3-T4 maps so looking to switch to the shield part of the build.. any tips on where to farm that gear or is it all random??
It's all random for the most part although you'll probably want a shaper or crusader influenced shield with some of the influenced mods like chance to block spell damage and recover #% life when you block
Honestly though I was following Zizaran's guide at first but you'd be better off going to the following link and copying from one of the top builds there, as Ziz has completely missed the mark in regards to a lot of his choices. Not forgetting he focuses largely on Hardcore as well. But still that doesn't excuse things like not using Intuitive Leap in the witch start zone jewel socket for the herald notable
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Chieftain&skill=Blade-Blast

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom