MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
Can I ask how do you recognise this? (I don't mean test its speed)

I use the ethernet port, just plugged in and that's it. No idea what speed it's working at, it just seems to work.

Are you noticing a drop out or slow Internet?

Just wondering

Well tbh I just checked download speeds and online speedtest. Noticed it first when all my downloads would be limited to ~7mb/s though my all my other decided in my house would get full speed. Speednet would report my connection as being 70-90mb/s though all other devices would be ~380mb/s.
I haven't been able to check because my connection has been working fine now for over a week but I guess when Dempsey22 is saying his connection is 100/100 hes viewing his Hardware and Connection Properties in Network and Internet Properties. Thats something I didn't do when I had issues but if my issues comes back I'll have a look. Mine is reporting 1000/1000.

I just booted up PC for the first time today and now its connected a 1Gbps. I have no idea whats going on. Will keep an eye on it.

I did you try my suggested fixes to stop the disconnecting issue?

Which ethernet drivers are people using? I'm using 10.45.928.2020 which appears to be the latest on Realteks site but MSI as driver version 10.46.1231.2020 which appears to be newer. At the moment I think my issues are sorted out so I'm not doing to change

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone else will have to chime in here, I've not really explored all-core overclocking on Ryzen yet - I'm just using PBO with some tweaking in Curve Optimiser to get my 5600X to boost to 5GHz.

Would you mind sharing your settings for PBO or explaining how you went about using the Curve Optimiser? I'm pretty much done tweaking my RAM now and about to move onto my CPU. Been on Intel since owning an AMD Opteron back in the day :eek:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Would you mind sharing your settings for PBO or explaining how you went about using the Curve Optimiser? I'm pretty much done tweaking my RAM now and about to move onto my CPU. Been on Intel since owning an AMD Opteron back in the day :eek:

No problem at all.

BIOS out of EZ-mode, then OC on the left side. Advanced CPU Configuration, then AMD Overclocking.

ihtaGEU.png

KMO5ULM.png

I'm using negative values in curve optimiser to keep the boost voltage and temperatures vaguely sane. GTA V is my weapon of choice for warming it up, I'll run that for a bit and then screenshot HWMonitor for you.

***edit***

~20 minutes of Trevor Phillips mayhem later...

kLMfJVn.png

Boosted to 4.95GHz. Max temp and fan speeds on my cooler (CM ML240P Mirage) reasonable.

Last edited:
Soldato
No problem at all.

BIOS out of EZ-mode, then OC on the left side. Advanced CPU Configuration, then AMD Overclocking.

ihtaGEU.png

KMO5ULM.png

I'm using negative values in curve optimiser to keep the boost voltage and temperatures vaguely sane. GTA V is my weapon of choice for warming it up, I'll run that for a bit and then screenshot HWMonitor for you.

***edit***

~20 minutes of Trevor Phillips mayhem later...

kLMfJVn.png

Boosted to 4.95GHz. Max temp and fan speeds on my cooler (CM ML240P Mirage) reasonable.

What max temp does it hit on a Cinebench R23 multi run?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
What max temp does it hit on a Cinebench R23 multi run?

3vouHwY.png

Rad fans decided Cinebench wasn't worth waking up for until it got to 70 somewhere in pass 2, and then they only perked up by a couple of hundred rpms. Fan curve must be messed up :o Still, they did at least hold it there!

***edit***

Checked fan curve in the BIOS and tweaked it. Made next to no difference on temps when I re-ran Cinebench. Go figure!

Last edited:
Associate
Trying to flash the bios to the latest one as I'm coming from Intel and have a ryzen 7 5800x, downloaded the file to a usb2.0 and renamed it MSI.ROM.
I only have the 24 pin power and 8 pin cpu power connected, when I put the USB in and press flash bios a white led comes on near the 24 pin power connector.
The little fan ramps up for a couple of seconds, and then it all cuts off? Any ideas as to what to try next? Thanks in advance

Associate
I see a few people are not sure if their bios update has worked, wouldn't you just connect your gpu and boot in the bios and see the version number there or am i missing something
also aren't these motherboards coming with the latest bios installed already yet

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Trying to flash the bios to the latest one as I'm coming from Intel and have a ryzen 7 5800x, downloaded the file to a usb2.0 and renamed it MSI.ROM.
I only have the 24 pin power and 8 pin cpu power connected, when I put the USB in and press flash bios a white led comes on near the 24 pin power connector.
The little fan ramps up for a couple of seconds, and then it all cuts off? Any ideas as to what to try next? Thanks in advance
Did you rename and flash the zip file that you downloaded, or did you unzip and then rename that new file?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I see a few people are not sure if their bios update has worked, wouldn't you just connect your gpu and boot in the bios and see the version number there or am i missing something
also aren't these motherboards coming with the latest bios installed already yet

My mobo arrived last week of Oct... still waiting for my 5900x to be delivered! My mobo will definitely need flashing.

Soldato
Try with just the 24 pin connected.

Back
Top Bottom