Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Whilst it's very good "entertainment" - it's also crazy.

Reddit has people all over it throwing in their monthly rent, their college grants etc. Good luck to them in one sense, but when it comes to selling time, it will be a horror show.

Whilst it's interesting to see the "experiment" - I do worry longer term that a relative small group of people can force such a huge shift in a stock price. Pension funds and alike rely on stability and steady growth and these wild spikes in share prices will not help the majority of people long term.

Good luck to those involved, but I'm firmly sitting on the sidelines watching this.

Is it a small group of people though? The board is now 2.9m strong. Even if just 5% of them are invested that is a lot given that some are hundreds of thousands of $ in. Plus then you've got the likes of Virgin Galactic CEO investing.

WSB has never pretended to be anything other than a bunch of kids making memes. There's no analysis of anything, it's just pick a ticker, and YOLO.

It's pretty crazy that it's hit enough coverage to be moving the markets though....gotta wonder what the SEC is going to do about it.

I've actually seen some long an detailed analysis, far more than you'll ever see here. You have to look for it though between the millions of kids investing their loans.

Back
Top Bottom