*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
Do any of you have a problem with your jogging bottoms slipping down? I keep tightening the string on mine but after a few minutes they've slipped. I might need to buy braces.

I find it depends on the brand for me. For shorts anyway. Some of mine fit perfectly and others fall down and just never seem to tighten, especially with something in the pockets.

Soldato
Do any of you have a problem with your jogging bottoms slipping down? I keep tightening the string on mine but after a few minutes they've slipped. I might need to buy braces.

So many problems! Bought 2 of the same item and they both have a different cut. Tight enough to stay up when walking? Digs into you when sitting. Comfy when sitting? Fall down as soon as you stand up!

As for weight loss? I've regressed over the past year with a bad mental health break so binned any kind of 'diet' until I can get my head straight. No energy/will to go lift weights either so lost strength too. I'll get there soon hopefully.

Caporegime

I thought I was the only one with this problem, running down the street trying to hold them up with one hand. It must be a sight to behold! But it's because mine are now too big for me. I need to get new ones but would rather wait for the fine weather as I have loads of shorts.

Soldato
I thought I was the only one with this problem, running down the street trying to hold them up with one hand. It must be a sight to behold! But it's because mine are now too big for me. I need to get new ones but would rather wait for the fine weather as I have loads of shorts.

You're definitely not the only one. :) For me I think when I've lost excess around the waist and the roundedness of the stomach, they'd probably stay in place better. Even with jeans on and a tightly buckled belt I get it a bit but it's much better with a belt.

Soldato
4 weeks since starting a diet and I've lost exactly 11b. This puts me at 199lb so happy breaking the 200lb barrier.

I still tend to have bigger evening meals than I need, usually 750 cals rather than the suggested 500 cals

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Depends what is near your area tbh. There is often an option in many of these chicken take away places to have some kind of chicken breast option with hummus or some rice.

Or just spoil yourself once a week, in the big picture won't make that much difference.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Oh I do that already. Sunday night has been kebab night all the way through my huge weight loss. :)

Yeah, I had a whole 12" thin crust chicken pizza last night. Checked the scales and a pound and a half less then last week. I think once a week a few cheat meals is ok, although your making me crave for kebab now. :(

Soldato
I threw away some chicken and mushroom pasties and a tub of coleslaw that I bought just before deciding to get on the fitness trip. I was dying to eat them. :(

Anyway, started week 3 of my 1,580 calorie diet today and it's going well. I'm averaging slightly under 1,580 per day, I've not been over 1700 on any day. My weight this morning was 12 stone 10lb and the NHS BMI calculator puts me at 24.9 BMI and says I'm now in a healthy weight range for my height but at the higher end. That's great, I'm slim all over but but I still look pregnant, lol. Hopefully the regular exercise will work its magic on my stomach in the fullness of time.

I'm enjoying the new Vivoactive 3 watch. I've got it synced to Garmin Connect and I've synced Garmin Connect to MFP so it can send my calories over. Today I apparently burnt 366 calories in under 40 minutes, so I guess that's not bad. I'm not sure why MFP has added 392 instead of 366 calories but I'll take that. Guys, I did a combination of walking and jogging. I find I can jog at a good pace for about 30 seconds before I feel like wretching. So I mixed it up with brisk walking, then a bit of jogging, walking, etc. That's ok to do right? I guess the more I do it I'll build my jogging endurance. I felt like I'd done a good workout when I got home that's for sure. I could walk all day though. Got my new wireless buds which are awesome and kept me entertained. :) I read that its best to eat carbs and protein within 45 minutes of finishing a workout or you can make yourself weaker. Is that right? So when I got home, I straightaway made bolognese, with more protein than carbs, but I suppose a good balance.

At some points my heart rate was 170bpm. According to the formula of 220 minus your age, my max bpm should be 158. Maybe I need to regulate the speed of my jogging to keep the bpm in check and to be able to jog for longer stretches. At some points my pace was just over 9/ml. I presume a lower number means doing a mile in a shorter time?

Screenshot-20210130-185758-Connect.jpg

Screenshot-20210130-190700-Connect.jpg

Screenshot-20210130-190627-My-Fitness-Pal.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I find I can jog at a good pace for about 30 seconds before I feel like wretching. So I mixed it up with brisk walking, then a bit of jogging, walking, etc. That's ok to do right? I guess the more I do it I'll build my jogging endurance.

Well done. Yeah, try jogging at an almost walking pace and see if you can sustain it for longer. Then, hopefully over the first few weeks you'll just gradually pick the pace up.

Soldato
Well done. Yeah, try jogging at an almost walking pace and see if you can sustain it for longer. Then, hopefully over the first few weeks you'll just gradually pick the pace up.

Thanks Andy. Yep, I was thinking the same. I seem to have a desire to jog at a fast pace but can't sustain it for long enough. I'll try and jog at a more moderate speed. Seeing the calories burnt is very motivating. And it means I can treat myself to a few snacks and still keep to my max calorie goal. :)

Back
Top Bottom