• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Associate
My Sapphire 6800 came just before lunch;

HirH5eRm.jpg

Fits in the core V21 quite nicely, :)

47RPu5Bm.jpg
50880883522_68a1cb16a4_z.jpg

Associate
vIt3YiH
After a night of seeing how low it would go, I got around to a bit of Timespy for synthetics benchmarking. Don't know if it could hold this in game but a score of 20000 seems pretty good to me
wLtUfhx

wLtUfhx
vIt3YiH.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Nice man, is it 6800XT? What settings are you using?
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT SE with min frequency 2600/ max frequency 2725, voltage 1150 with fast timings and vram 2100. Power +15 with fans set to manual 80%

Not a setting I’d probably use for gaming as its too noisy and thirsty but food for seeing how far the card can go

Associate
My MBA card has zero flex BUT my pci-express slot is one of the newer type that's metal reinforced. Unsure how much it actually helps though.
Yeah, most decent boards nowadays claim to have reinforced slots as they know the modern cards can be a bit on the heavy side.
Nice to see that Sapphire seem to have got away with a lighter card this time round. I might not need to use any sort of support or bracket.

Caporegime
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT SE with min frequency 2600/ max frequency 2725, voltage 1150 with fast timings and vram 2100. Power +15 with fans set to manual 80%

Very nice card you have there son! Mine only gets 19400-odd but I have my entire system on very quiet mode so I'm more than happy with it :)

Associate
Very nice card you have there son! Mine only gets 19400-odd but I have my entire system on very quiet mode so I'm more than happy with it :)
My only slight issue so far is the high pitched fan noise that is quite off putting above 1000rpm. I’m like you in that id rather sacrifice a few fps for a quieter system and had managed to get my 5700XT down to a nice steady 1200rpm which kept it quiet.

Even when limiting the 6800XT to the same rpm values it produces a nasty high pitched noise that I think is coming from the fans as it doesn’t sound like classic coil whine. I’ll pop the card out tomorrow and check it over but it looked ok out of the box.

Caporegime
Even when limiting the 6800XT to the same rpm values it produces a nasty high pitched noise that I think is coming from the fans as it doesn’t sound like classic coil whine. I’ll pop the card out tomorrow and check it over but it looked ok out of the box.

Damn bad luck man, hope you manage to solve it!

Associate
Well I’m now not too sure if its coil whine after all or just a dodgy fan. The noise picks up even when no game is running just by manually setting the fan rpm to somewhere in the region of 1200-1500rpm. Its not constant and seems to come and go a bit but is very annoying.

Following some other threads I’m going to run Uningine Valley for the best part of the day (bonus is that it heats my house up) and see what its like later on. Any suggestions or top tips welcome.

Associate
anyone else having to swap from pci gen 4 to 3 to stop random reboots on a 6800/xt? cpu and memory are bone stock, only change is the gpu. happens roughly once a day and whilst in rdp of all things. seems to be in lower power modes? temps are amazing so it aint that. separate 8 pin cables for the psu and its made by seasonic.
tried disabling resize bar but that didnt help.
didn't happen with vega and pci mode on auto.
3900x
x570 auros pro
850w revolt pro
powercolor 6800
1 sabrent rocket gen 3 1tb nvme(bottom slot)
1 kingston gen 3 nvme drive (top slot)

Last edited:
Caporegime
anyone else having to swap from pci gen 4 to 3 to stop random reboots on a 6800/xt? cpu and memory are bone stock, only change is the gpu. happens roughly once a day and whilst in rdp of all things. seems to be in lower power modes? temps are amazing so it aint that. separate 8 pin cables for the psu and its made by seasonic.
tried disabling resize bar but that didnt help.
didn't happen with vega and pci mode on auto.
3900x
x570 auros pro
850w revolt pro
RDP? Does it only happen when the system is idle?

In the meantime, enter the BIOS, navigate to AMD CBS menu, look for an option called Power Supply Idle Control and set that to typical. See if it helps.

Associate
RDP? Does it only happen when the system is idle?

In the meantime, enter the BIOS, navigate to AMD CBS menu, look for an option called Power Supply Idle Control and set that to typical. See if it helps.
thanks for responding matt yea rdping from my desktop to a laptop in the same house (laptop has crap resolution and rdp will use the monitor res, also lack room for the laptop in my desktop setup - works really well actually)

but whilst RDP is active the main pc is idle, since the laptop does all the grunt work. I've noticed it happened yesterday with rdp too and the day before, but ive also noticed it happened when i was on the desktop too. this was all with gen 4 and resize bar enabled (already tested disabling resize bar and it still crashed).

doesnt appear to happen in game at all.

tried it doesn't make any difference, only thing that appears to help is setting pci gen 3 specifically. (no random reboot since swapping from gen 4 to 3 thus far).

sorry forgot to mention I'm on 21.1.1 too and chipset drivers 2.10.13.408. (both latest)

edit what feels like 500.. also got 2 gen 3 nvme drives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom