Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I’ve Yolo’d into Blackberry.

I can’t help but feel GME is about to go pop so staying out.

Probably wrong!

BB up 8% in about an hour since I bought. Ridiculous really.

Chatter on WSB is that they're going to pile in on BB next week after GME closes out on Friday.

Going to keep this couple of grand aside from my 'normal' investments, for jumping on whatever the next WSB nonsense it.

Soldato
Don't know how big personal investors handle it, I get obsessed with watching the ticker and find it quite stressful. To the point I may take my profit and leave it tonight. I don't get the Friday thing with GME.

Associate
Sold 50% of my GME shares just to hedge. I still expect it to continue to rise, especially after hours but now I've locked in considerable profit and can't lose.

Edit: screw T212, as soon as I close all my positions I'm leaving.

Soldato
Should you sell when stocks gain simply due to exposure, base that on cost, or another determination?

Dont have more then 10% in one stock long term seems best. Thats done on current value because presumably you have a mortgage to pay off long term or other places to put the capital. An aggressive trailing stop loss is ideal to sell as its rising, be aware of earnings and other events out of hours. Or another thing would be to sell the plain stock and take a managed investment fund that holds this stock and watch it like a hawk for you I guess, like Scottish Mortgage have TSLA I think.

All shorts being non viable is helped by excessively easy monetary policy so pretty sure this is another sign volatility is a bull market and thats the ongoing theme with every surprising move

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont have more then 10% in one stock long term seems best. Thats done on current value because presumably you have a mortgage to pay off long term or other places to put the capital. An aggressive trailing stop loss is ideal to sell as its rising, be aware of earnings and other events out of hours. Or another thing would be to sell the plain stock and take a managed investment fund that holds this stock and watch it like a hawk for you I guess, like Scottish Mortgage have TSLA I think.
Others will say withdraw original capital and gamble the profits, I think thats a bit too aggressive because nobody trades a profit on every trade

Thanks. I, as I'm sure like many other regulars here, hugely value your contributions which fall on the more informed/educated/sensible side of the spectrum...

Sorry, I mean boring ;)

Associate
Completely let down by T212 today, yet again. I know they need to protect themselves and what-not but they failed miserably and won’t admit any fault or offer anything to those who lost out because they couldn’t cope with demand, on what they knew was one of the busiest trading days of the year.

Back
Top Bottom