The Expanse

Caporegime
I guess it's meant to be seen in the context of the next season, but gotta say that i'm desperate for some serious action in the next couple of episodes...

Soldato
Very disappointed. Other than Amos, they have pretty much thrown the books under the bus and written a new story loosely based on the premise. Far too much time being spent on the politics and machinations of Earth Gov, which simply isn’t in the original story at this point. Drummer and her crew are a complete fabrication even if you factor in she is doubling for Michio Pa. Naomi did rally a bit but still being represented way out of character.

And as regards Pallas, this again is preemptive of Book 7 when the Laconians destroy it as retribution for the Sol and Belter resistance.

Associate
Very disappointed. Other than Amos, they have pretty much thrown the books under the bus and written a new story loosely based on the premise. Far too much time being spent on the politics and machinations of Earth Gov, which simply isn’t in the original story at this point. Drummer and her crew are a complete fabrication even if you factor in she is doubling for Michio Pa. Naomi did rally a bit but still being represented way out of character.

And as regards Pallas, this again is preemptive of Book 7 when the Laconians destroy it as retribution for the Sol and Belter resistance.

I think you're just going to have to accept it as different and try to enjoy it for what it is!

I enjoyed this weeks episode. By far Naomis strongest too, Macguyvering her way out. Must say when she sent the first message I too said, that's not what she did in the books! She altered the original message to warn people to stay away. 2 mins later apologising to partner for spoiling it ;)

Soldato
I think you're just going to have to accept it as different and try to enjoy it for what it is!
Indeed. It's a bit like Peter Jackson's butchery of LOTR and The Hobbit. Great spectacle, but PJ rewrote so much, you just end up having to file the original story from the books away while you watch it.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Decent enough episode but it feels like they are trying stretch it out a bit, its like when they used to air the filler episode before the big final. It’s the type of episode you don’t mind when they release it all at once but it’s not the best for weekly viewing.

Edit: also do we really need a recap for a streaming show :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Naomi was good in this episode, but too much screen time and they dragged her story out too much.

There is so much going on in the worlds atm, why are we focusing so heavily on her? I get holden and the razorback are on the way to her, we get that - but there is a much bigger story to be told and moving forward with.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was a pretty good episode.. I am interested to see what sort of armarda Marco has amassed and how it will be faced.

Also though it looks like one of the main cast members wont be returning next season is allegations are proved true.

Looks like Cas Anwar has been a bit of a creep! I will reserve judgement until its proven true but not looking good.

Soldato
Was a pretty good episode..

Also though it looks like one of the main cast members wont be returning next season is allegations are proved true.

Looks like Cas Anwar has been a bit of a creep! I will reserve judgement until its proven true but not looking good.

The allegations have been found true on social media (and an in house investigation) so he's not in the next season.

As far as I'm aware there have been no official criminal investigation by the authorities, so it can be viewed as :-

A: getting away with it, only a slap on the wrist

or

B: Having his career ruined by gossip

In either case, a very poor result

Associate
Episode 9 watched. All I’ll say is I hope episode 10 is 2 hours long... (which it won’t be)

Is it just me who is left thinking “what?” and ends up rewinding to look closer at whatever the hell naomi is staring at before the shot cuts away? It’s happened a few times in these recent episodes. I seriously can’t work out if it’s meant to be a secret, if I am thick, or if they’re that bad at telling a story.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Enjoyable enough episode but it certainly feels like they wanted to tell this story arc over 2 seasons, so the last few episodes have been stretching the story out a bit. So in previous seasons when we would be gearing up for the ending to the current story we are instead building up to be left on a cliff hanger.

Caporegime
Can't say that I'm enjoying the slog, not to say that what is going on isn't interesting, but still... I hope the next episode and next season is just non-stop, brain-melting action.

Back
Top Bottom