NEW MSI B550 UNIFY better than X570 UNIFY??

Associate
ekQIB1m.png

The Unify might be the king of FCLK overclocking. Sure it's 1.3v but still, kind of ridiculous it even ran. Found on another forum.

Associate
ekQIB1m.png

The Unify might be the king of FCLK overclocking. Sure it's 1.3v but still, kind of ridiculous it even ran. Found on another forum.
Yeah IF at 2200Mhz seems pretty crazy. I have not been able to post at 2000Mhz but not sure if its my RAM kit, the Taichi I used which is not great for that, or the CPU. I will try again as soon as I can fix all this mess.

Associate
After building on both, the B550 and the X570 versions I must say I prefer the B550. Not only because of the VRM, improved memory OC, and lack of fan chipset fan (1 less thing that can break), but the board itself seems like a more refined version stuck on PCIE 3. The board feels nicer, looks more thought out, and refined. For example on the B550 you have the post code on the top right as opposed to the bottom, its easier to see, and on my O11 Dynamic its almost blocked by fans. The M2 slots have thermal pads on both sides, the X570 leaves the M2 floating and has thermal pad on the top only. Its just subtle differences that I noticed and cought my attention.

Associate
After building on both, the B550 and the X570 versions I must say I prefer the B550. Not only because of the VRM, improved memory OC, and lack of fan chipset fan (1 less thing that can break), but the board itself seems like a more refined version stuck on PCIE 3. The board feels nicer, looks more thought out, and refined. For example on the B550 you have the post code on the top right as opposed to the bottom, its easier to see, and on my O11 Dynamic its almost blocked by fans. The M2 slots have thermal pads on both sides, the X570 leaves the M2 floating and has thermal pad on the top only. Its just subtle differences that I noticed and cought my attention.

Hi could you do me a favor and tell me what psu plugs you have plugged into your b550 unify board.

There are sockets for a 24pin, 2 8pins up top and a 6 pin pcie at the bottom.

I'm getting big issues trying to get my new build working, have the 24pin and 1 8pin connected.

What do you have? And any issues?

Soldato
Hi could you do me a favor and tell me what psu plugs you have plugged into your b550 unify board.

I'm getting big issues trying to get my new build working, have the 24pin and 1 8pin connected.

What issues you having

Man of Honour

You need the 2 8pins up top for the CPU, no?

Associate
What issues you having

Big issues...
1st when plugging in my old dvi monitor to my 970gtx I can access the bios and both keyboard and mouse work.
Problem is Windows... It hangs when trying to install, tried 10x either slightly before the "hi installing Windows" or when it says one drive or cortana, the monitor goes blank and sits there.

Next plugging in my dp monitor ie newer, instead of the dvi one. I can't even get to the bios screen and I cannot boot if I have a keyboard plugged in if I just have a mouse plugged in I get to the Windows screen asking me for pin (so must have partially installed windows).

I have tried - reseting my aio 2x, unplugging gpu 2x, I installed the new beta bios (after all this as a last resort) = no change, redid all my mb screws.

Pretty fed up to be honest, spent almost a full day messing around not getting anywhere.

Associate
Are all the parts new or you had them in another system so know theyre working

Psu, gpu is from my old system that worked fine. A ax850 corsair psu, gtx 970 all seemed to work fine before.

New = 3900xt, 2x32gig corsair 3200, new wd 850 1tb nvme, and new b550 unify.

Corsair memory isn't listed under the b550 unify but it was on other b550 msi mbs, (to be honest there are not many mem modules listed under the unify).

The mem reads OK under the bios...

Soldato
Psu, gpu is from my old system that worked fine. A ax850 corsair psu, gtx 970 all seemed to work fine before.

New = 3900xt, 2x32gig corsair 3200, new wd 850 1tb nvme, and new b550 unify.

Corsair memory isn't listed under the b550 unify but it was on other b550 msi mbs, (to be honest there are not many mem modules listed under the unify).

The mem reads OK under the bios...
Have you got a spare ssd to try instead of nvme take nvme out
Also you are using slot 2 and 4 for the ram

Associate
Have you got a spare ssd to try instead of nvme take nvme out
Also you are using slot 2 and 4 for the ram

I have a wd750 Nvme also, don't have an empty regular ssd atm... Yes slots 2 and 4 for the ram.

The bios sees the wd drive, the windows tool sees my drive not sure if that matters.

Associate
Try that one remove the 850 and try a different m2 slot just to rule it out

Ok will do, might have to do it tomorrow nite, busy day tomorrow. Thanks for the help Alex.
My plan was to install the 750 in the 4th slot anyways so I just need to remove the other one.

Back
Top Bottom