Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
What an absolutely extraordinary coincidence that social media platforms happened to decide WSB had too much “hate speech” and "glorifying violence" to be allowed to exist, the same day hedge fund billionaires declared them a huge threat for the crime of making money at their expense and using the internet to allow regular people to compete with corporate elites.

Soldato
I'm up 20k for the day on my BB, AMC alone. Going to let it ride as no use for the money, although I expect AMC to take a kicking tomorrow. BB might sneak green. Bought more BB today and now officially out of 'play money'.

Also bought 10 GME shares so now officially part of the 'movement'. Although will sell when/if it doubles and donate the money to charity.

Associate
Is the massive rise in GME, AMC etc the reason why a lot of funds have gone backwards in the last few days? I've only dared to invest a bit in funds (with a long term aim) and not particularly big sums either.

Soldato
Is the massive rise in GME, AMC etc the reason why a lot of funds have gone backwards in the last few days? I've only dared to invest a bit in funds (with a long term aim) and not particularly big sums either.

Likely yes. People selling other things to find positions on the WSB nonsense. Plus the general nervousness of people like myself that see it as another indicator that there will be a more widespread correction in the near future.

Associate
Likely yes. People selling other things to find positions on the WSB nonsense. Plus the general nervousness of people like myself that see it as another indicator that there will be a more widespread correction in the near future.

Uff... pretty typical things like this happens just when i started out lol.. Hopefully it will return to a bit more "normal" levels soon. I don't want to venture into the stock market yet as I don't have enough funds yet to make the trading costs worth it.

Soldato
Another sea of red today. Have we reached the tipping point? Might unwind a little more once the opening plummet has recovered....

Got out of my funds that are heavily exposed to the US. Kept my UK Covid stocks. Sitting out for a bit.

Soldato
I think i'd be annoyed if i was a regular on WSB at the sudden influx of people with absolutely no idea. Seems half the issue they had were with bots just constantly spamming things.

Looking at some posts made just now, it seems people are still piling into these stocks so wonder if they will recover to yesterdays levels.

I'm not sure id blame the big investment of cashing in on these inflated prices!

Soldato
Another sea of red today. Have we reached the tipping point? Might unwind a little more once the opening plummet has recovered....

Got out of my funds that are heavily exposed to the US. Kept my UK Covid stocks. Sitting out for a bit.

My UK stocks have never looked worse. They were doing pretty well until the end of last week. Everything is in the toilet now and because it's in my ISA, I can't even take advantage to average down as I'm maxed out

Soldato
What is the general professional advice with regards to exposure? Should it be calculated as cost or value? I am for example heavily over-exposed to Tesla at the monent, but only due to gains; my value of holdings represent about 35% of my total including cash, but less than 5% of costs. I could sell 100% of my initial investment and still have it be 30% of my holdings.

Should you sell when stocks gain simply due to exposure, base that on cost, or another determination?

Cost = current value.

That you can sell it, and you do not, is that you are actively deciding to buy at the current price.

So basically, virtually sell everything and re-build your portfolio from scratch, does it have 35% allocation to tesla?

Back
Top Bottom