Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Is it possible to turn the volume down (or off) on 'announcements' e.g. in plunder the 'Airplan cash drop incoming' 'ememy attack chopper' and cash deposit notifications and effects?

I don't mind them coming up on screen in the oversized banners but I find it highly annoying whilst im listening for enemies and get a booming noise followed by an "Airplan cach drop incoming" I don't care. Just let me continue trying to wipe / annoy a quads team by myself

I believe thats under the Dialog volume slider in audio

Associate
I got a nice gentleman join me who I can only say was pleasuring himself :D I mean come on dude, theres enough free PRON out there that you dont need to join Discord COD rooms to pass the time/get your kicks :D

Made for an intresting drop as I disable ALT tab when gaming because I use ALT for Push to talk. So had to sit there laughing at the weirdo. He left after a minute or two and didnt evben tell me his name :o:o:o:o:o Is it always full of the internets fruit cakes?
Joined a duo looking for a third for trios and got a total bigot/racist and the other one a deviant :D

Soldato
I believe thats under the Dialog volume slider in audio
Perfect, thanks. I'll try changing the Dialog volume to 20%

Edit - I tried that and the announcement voices are reduced but the big booming effects before things like "enemy called in deposit helicopter" are still present. I suspect these are sound effects and cannot be lowered without lowering other useful things like footsteps and gun fire which are used to locate enemy positions

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers mate, mainly got yanks shouting Black Ops Easter egg at me, whatever that is :D will give it another go Friday Saturday and look for some EU rooms

Make sure you select the correct roles at the top - #roles. These normally open up other channels ie #lfg-pc-wz I think it is for pc warzone. You can jump in a voice channel (eg 4p-30 for quads) and just advertise in the chain. Took me a bit to figure out but I am old so apologies if you are aware :)

Soldato
@Guest2 , I remember discussing with you a while back about image sharpening and me seeing a performance drop when I enabled it. Turns out I only get this drop when enabling image sharpening through Geforce experience. If I do it through Nvidia control centre, I see no difference to frame rate. Image takes taken seconds apart with just image sharpening selected on at about 10%

g81srt0.jpg

l4FQnqN.jpg

Soldato
@Guest2 , I remember discussing with you a while back about image sharpening and me seeing a performance drop when I enabled it. Turns out I only get this drop when enabling image sharpening through Geforce experience. If I do it through Nvidia control centre, I see no difference to frame rate. Image takes taken seconds apart with just image sharpening selected on at about 10%

g81srt0.jpg

l4FQnqN.jpg

What GPU and driver are you running again?

This is mine with no sharpening. 3080, 460.89. Not sure whats going on the the police car texturing
When I set sharpening to 0.50 in NCP all the sky and smoke looked strange

Y0T7ckz.jpg

Soldato
What GPU and driver are you running again?

This is mine with no sharpening. 3080, 460.89. Not sure whats going on the the police car texturing
When I set sharpening to 0.50 in NCP all the sky and smoke looked strange

Y0T7ckz.jpg

I'm running the latest driver 461.40 (26th January 2021) on a Max P 2060 (Settings lowered to mostly normal)

I assume you have FPS limited yours? Strange about the police car though. Do you have film grain enabled or similar?

Soldato
I'm running the latest driver 461.40 (26th January 2021) on a Max P 2060 (Settings lowered to mostly normal)

I assume you have FPS limited yours? Strange about the police car though. Do you have film grain enabled or similar?
I havent yet updated to 461.40 after reading many reports of stuttering and performance loss.

How are you finding 461.40 with COD MW / Warzone?

Settings are highest, 3440 x 1440, Reflex on. Gysnc and vsync on in NCP
RTX off, DOF off, Filmic strength 0, world motion blur disabled, weapon motion blur disabled, film grain 0

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it possible to turn the volume down (or off) on 'announcements' e.g. in plunder the 'Airplan cash drop incoming' 'ememy attack chopper' and cash deposit notifications and effects?

I don't mind them coming up on screen in the oversized banners but I find it highly annoying whilst im listening for enemies and get a booming noise followed by an "Airplan cach drop incoming" I don't care. Just let me continue trying to wipe / annoy a quads team by myself

Sadly I don't think it's possible, one of my hates of this game, there's so many stupid over the top sound effects for no reason. If I get a free bundle I claim it just to make the sign go away, I don't want the stupid emblem or whatever it is, I have to mute audio with F10 while it plays the ridiculous sound. Opening supply crates is also way too loud.

Soldato
Sadly I don't think it's possible, one of my hates of this game, there's so many stupid over the top sound effects for no reason. If I get a free bundle I claim it just to make the sign go away, I don't want the stupid emblem or whatever it is, I have to mute audio with F10 while it plays the ridiculous sound. Opening supply crates is also way too loud.
Good idea, F10 is is :D

@michty_me I fixed the police car textures by turning off on demand texture streaming and restarting shader installations. Unliited FPS and gysnc off that same area is around 130-150fps on Hackney yard. Horrible tearing without Gsync mind so back to enabled and ~97fps. Sharpen in NCP doesnt seem to do much. Is it dynamic or does it require a game reboot? When i alt tabbed and set it to highest and lowest it didnt notice it changed anything. Certainly not like Geforce Experience game filtering did

Caporegime
Last night was awful, worst ever!

A number of cheaters ( out team mentioning it getting worse ) people knowing where you are straight away with no uav or heart monitor, then by 9.30pm the hit registration was going through the floor. It was as if our bullets were going through targets. By 10pm , the servers went down

Caporegime

@michty_me I fixed the police car textures by turning off on demand texture streaming and restarting shader installations. Unliited FPS and gysnc off that same area is around 130-150fps on Hackney yard. Horrible tearing without Gsync mind so back to enabled and ~97fps. Sharpen in NCP doesnt seem to do much. Is it dynamic or does it require a game reboot? When i alt tabbed and set it to highest and lowest it didnt notice it changed anything. Certainly not like Geforce Experience game filtering did

Sharpen isn't officially supported in the drivers for Warzone and Black Ops, breaks lighting more especially in Zombie mode if you use it with the Control Panel.

Only works via Geforce Experience :(

Soldato

Ah yes, I forgot about the streaming textures. I switched that off when it was released.
I'm not sure, I've only recently started playing about with it so I'm a little unsure, I had heard it requires a reboot. The control panel version doesn't tank my performance.
No idea why Geforce experience is a garbage experience for me. Switch anything on and get an instant 35% performance loss.

Why turn off ractracing in warzone? When locked at 98fps on a widescreen?
Ive got a 3080 and its solid 100fps with rt on

I don't think raytracing is active in warzone. You can switch it on but that's about it.

Soldato
Ah yes, I forgot about the streaming textures. I switched that off when it was released.
I'm not sure, I've only recently started playing about with it so I'm a little unsure, I had heard it requires a reboot. The control panel version doesn't tank my performance.
No idea why Geforce experience is a garbage experience for me. Switch anything on and get an instant 35% performance loss.

I don't think raytracing is active in warzone. You can switch it on but that's about it.

You mean switching ray tracing on does nothing in warzone?

Permabanned

If it does you should notice a significant FPS drop off as DLSS support has not been introduced. I think I'm correct in saying that Multiplayer has DX Raytracing, but Warzone does not.

I can't see any difference in the above video and the FPS remains consistent with RTX both on and off, which would suggest it hasn't been implemented in Warzone.

Soldato
Why turn off ractracing in warzone? When locked at 98fps on a widescreen?
Ive got a 3080 and its solid 100fps with rt on
Because Warzone doesnt use Ray tracing at all. I believe its only the Modern Warfare campaign that uses it (poorly)
I would have course use it if global illumination was implemented

460.89 Warzone freezes up on me after ~20 mins when using geforce experience game filters. This is with stock 3080 settings. Worked fine on 445.87 drivers.
I put it down to poor drivers

Correct

See video posted above

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom