• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
That not very reassuring for a game that got hyped as much as it, could be the best looking game ever made but if gameplay is rubbish what's the point, I'm only asking cause I've never actually played it but what I've seen doesn't look good in it's current state

I never played it either but was very excited for it like most people.

I'll quote the last part of this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kddvlz/cyberpunk_best_settings_guide_to_go_beyond_60_fps/

SAD UPDATE:
After giving the game hours of chances for its fundamental design quirks to grow on me, I've decided to stop playing this game. This is not the proper state that this game should be played in. I'm not talking about the performance since this is fixable as what the guide below will show; it's not even the bugs, the graphical glitches, or the collision issues. These are all treatable by future patches.

But it's the actual game design itself that's currently incomplete and disjointed. Dialogue choices don't matter and it's insulting to include conversation options when there aren't even substantial consequences to be had in a game that's supposed to be an RPG and inspired by a tabletop RPG.

The AI is atrocious. NPCs behave like they were coded by high school students learning their first coding lesson. Their routines, if you can even call them that, are so basic and superficial that AI pedestrian traffic simply stop working at checkpoints and never move anymore. For me, the basic standard that should always be used as a template for open world design is Grand Theft Auto V, a game that came out more than seven years ago in an aging PS3 in its final generational year. To not at least match the very basic AI rulesets of that seven-year old game in 2020 is simply unacceptable.

The world, despite being one of the most beautiful and graphically advanced game worlds ever rendered in current hardware, is jarringly empty and lifeless with no potential for emergent gameplay. NPCs simply either walk around, play out canned animations, or engage in combat with other NPCs because it's a scripted event.

Speaking of comabt, the hand to hand combat is severely lacking as well. It's floaty, non-impactful, and imprecise. The lack of convincing damage animations during fist to fist combat doesn't help its case as well.

It's such a shame because there is a good game hidden underneath its problems. The lore that they've established here could be one of the richest and most compelling video game lores IMO. The fact that I stayed inside an elevator for minutes just to finish an in-game debate show is a testament to the potential of its writing to tackle relevant real-world issues and present them in this hyper-corporate, mechanized interpretation of the future. The soundtrack is awesome as well with surprising variety of music genres. Shooting is quite responsive as well and way more playable as a shooter game than the Fallout series. But it then falls apart when the AI freaks out and does stupid things like run around in circles and freeze in place while turning their backs to you.

It's heartbreaking to see a game developed with blood and tears come out in this state. That's why I won't progress through the game and consume its hard-earned content in an experience that feels more like a quality assurance session than a genuine cyberpunk adventure.

I've already requested my refund of the game and I also encourage others who are suffering with all the bugs and glitches to do the same. If you're one of tough-willed ones who can tolerate these issues and are unfazed by the incompleteness of its systems then go ahead enjoy the game. I'm happy for you.

Probably best to wait a year for it to come down in price and see if it's more optimized / worth playing by then.

Associate
That not very reassuring for a game that got hyped as much as it, could be the best looking game ever made but if gameplay is rubbish what's the point, I'm only asking cause I've never actually played it but what I've seen doesn't look good in it's current state
I don't find it rubbish. But it's definitely not complete; there are the makings of a truly great game in there with it being evident half the mechanics have been cut.

However: on PC I'd contend it's still a very good game. The plot, characters and sense of immersion are excellent. I'll certainly also be looking forward more to a third play-through when it is - hopefully - nearer the product CDPR were aiming for.

Soldato
I'm yet to play cyberpunk properly also. I got it at Christmas but only managed an hour or so on it. I think I'll hold back for a while now to wait for some improvements.

Associate
I feel like I benefited greatly from not following the build up to CP2077 that closely.

I pretty much went in blind, only knowing Keanu played some role, it was first person action rpg and the rough setting. I had no expectations and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've played over 100 hrs now, about 95 just on my first playthrough.

Associate
I don't find it rubbish. But it's definitely not complete; there are the makings of a truly great game in there with it being evident half the mechanics have been cut.

However: on PC I'd contend it's still a very good game. The plot, characters and sense of immersion are excellent. I'll certainly also be looking forward more to a third play-through when it is - hopefully - nearer the product CDPR were aiming for.

I doubt that the game is rubbish, I'm just meaning it could've actually been finished before it was released, CDPR was adamant they wouldn't release this game till they were happy with it but here we are

Soldato
Looks like one of the trackers just picked up the '3d Printers' section as it's picked up 5 x 6xxx cards in the last few mins and they aren't listed on the main site

Associate
I feel like I benefited greatly from not following the build up to CP2077 that closely.

I pretty much went in blind, only knowing Keanu played some role, it was first person action rpg and the rough setting. I had no expectations and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've played over 100 hrs now, about 95 just on my first playthrough.
That's exactly my experience, only looked at it a few days before release so relatively few expectations. 95 hours on the first run through and 5 on the second. Did you play the secret ending?

Back to the subject of this discussion. A load more 3070's just went up for anyone after one!

Me personally still thinks 6800 is a better option though. :p

The flow of cards looks like it's increasing... and possibly demand is dropping a bit too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom