Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Commissario
OK I will set it at $595 or do people think higher as in set it to like $900 ?
Depends on your attitude to risk vs reward - for me 900 would be too high, but considering the pre-market high is currently 513 and looks to be on an upward trend, I'd be looking at 600 (personally). Also as you're using 212 don't be surprised if it doesn't go through and leave you in the ****.

Caporegime
Its 438 premarket though

Id treat this as a smash and grab, you dont want to be still in the shop when the feds arrive (quite literally)

Associate
Only read about this story today and it's absolutely fascinating. Must be coming to the end though if I'm hearing about it while out of the loop :p. Used to be on Reddit daily for this kind of thing, to catch the news early.

Never dabbled in stocks though, that's a few years off for me yet when I save up some funds as a starting point. It also seems like a full time job keeping up with market activity to know what's good and what's not. I could probably do ok in some tech stock from my current interests but I'd want to read around a lot more to broaden my view.

OcUK Staff
Don't listen to him. No disrespect to Simon but he hasn't understood what is unique about GME.

Yes but I remember making 8k on BOO, then thinking nah it will go higher and re-invested and proceeded to lose 6k of the 8k I made, since then I've learned to keep taking small profits in the 10-20% region and then been patient and waiting for shares to drop back and buy the dips, be patient and this these past few months has worked out really for me. I always slowly build up my investment too keeping plenty of cash aside should I need to average down etc. At first I was going 50-70% all in which I got lucky and then got burnt but now seems to be working well.

I do get it GME could go $5000 but it could also be suspended and fall all the way back to $50 area, I shall see how it looks today and decide, I only have 1 share anyway as to me the likes of GME, AMC and NOK are just gambles. But if I can double my investment in 48hrs then cool, if I don't and lose money well I did not put much on the table as realise the risk is high.

Soldato
Yes but I remember making 8k on BOO, then thinking nah it will go higher and re-invested and proceeded to lose 6k of the 8k I made, since then I've learned to keep taking small profits in the 10-20% region and then been patient and waiting for shares to back and buy the dips, be patient and this these past few months has worked out really for me.

I do get it GME could go $5000 but it could also be suspended and fall all the way back to $50 area, I shall see how it looks today and decide, I only have 1 share anyway as to me the likes of GME, AMC and NOK are just gambles. But if I can double my investment in 48hrs then cool, if I don't and lose money well I did not put much on the table as realise the risk is high.
Take out your original value and let the rest ride (y)

Soldato
Yes but I remember making 8k on BOO, then thinking nah it will go higher and re-invested and proceeded to lose 6k of the 8k I made, since then I've learned to keep taking small profits in the 10-20% region and then been patient and waiting for shares to back and buy the dips, be patient and this these past few months has worked out really for me.

I'd say for 1 share you may as well just ride it out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom